Ernie Ball Paradigm
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: New JP video with Andertons

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    531

    New JP video with Andertons

    LENGTHY interview with Petrucci.
    ---------------
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH Starry Night (DOB 12/29/2016)
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon (DOB 11/29/2016)
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo (DOB 9/11/2014)
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo (DOB 5/22/2012)
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo (DOB 11/7/2006)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    77
    Yeah, and it's a super awesome interview!
    John seems like such a nice guy
    1997 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2011 - Reflex - Hardtail - White
    2016 - LIII BFR - HSS - Blueberry Burst Quilt
    2017 - Cutlass - SSS - Vintage Turquoise

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    531
    I hadn't gotten through it yet at the time I posted it, but I have now. It is a great interview, as Kasper said, and John is truly a humble man from all appearances. My musical tastes are pretty far from what John is known for, but I still learned several useful things about tone from watching that.

    There was lots of love for EBMM in it from John, as you'd expect.
    ---------------
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH Starry Night (DOB 12/29/2016)
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon (DOB 11/29/2016)
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo (DOB 9/11/2014)
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo (DOB 5/22/2012)
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo (DOB 11/7/2006)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul
    Posts
    2,759
    Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    I hadn't gotten through it yet at the time I posted it, but I have now. It is a great interview, as Kasper said, and John is truly a humble man from all appearances. My musical tastes are pretty far from what John is known for, but I still learned several useful things about tone from watching that.

    There was lots of love for EBMM in it from John, as you'd expect.
    I've watched the whole thing now. Wow. That was really cool - and very informative. After watching this I completely adjusted the EQ on my Orange - what a huge difference!

    So much of what he was explaining made absolute perfect sense in regards to tone, how the guitar is designed and made, how the amp should be set up. Was really instructive. Didn't do much to dampen my Artisan Majesty gas, that's for sure!

    And Kudos to Lee for an excellent interview!
    Greg

    2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

    Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    52
    Just Incredible! By far the best JP interview I have ever seen. I learned so much with this interview.

    The Captain is obviously a great guitar retailer, businessman, player, and all around great guy. But, he is quickly becoming one of the best interviewers IMHO. Truly exceptional! JP seemed to really enjoy the experience as well. The Captain's PG interview is excellent also.

    Can you imagine sitting in a pub with these two sharing a good meal and a pint or two, and just talking gear? Seems like it would be one of the best days ever. Two very cool and humble guys! They're passion for their respective crafts is very inspiring!
    Last edited by tonechaser1; 05-10-2017 at 12:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    I've watched the whole thing now. Wow. That was really cool - and very informative. After watching this I completely adjusted the EQ on my Orange - what a huge difference!
    Yeah, the bit on getting that tight crunch rhythm tone alone was worth the time spent watching, but I have a much better feel for JP as a result, also.

    So far, it hasn't made me order a Boogie head!
    ---------------
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH Starry Night (DOB 12/29/2016)
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon (DOB 11/29/2016)
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo (DOB 9/11/2014)
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo (DOB 5/22/2012)
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo (DOB 11/7/2006)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The grand Ball room (CA)
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by tonechaser1 View Post
    Can you imagine sitting in a pub with these two sharing a good meal and a pint or two, and just talking gear? Seems like it would be one of the best days ever. Two very cool and humble guys! They're passion for their respective crafts is very inspiring!
    I couldn't have expressed this sentiment better! I just watched the first hour after work today. Totally amazing. What a great way to unwind.

    Tomorrow after work I shall watch the second hour. I am so looking forward to it.

    Thanks so much to the OP, jones4tone, for sharing this.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Indio, CA
    Posts
    12,633
    That was very enjoyable. More and more long-format content is getting better ie podcasts and youtube. John has always been a genuinely nice guy to everyone I've seen him talk to. Media, fans, randos, he's always courteous and fun.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    271
    That video was cool. Kinda of like sitting in the living room having a chat with a couple friends diving into a subject we all love. I agree, also, the interviewer is getting better and more enjoyable.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    592

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    I couldn't have expressed this sentiment better! I just watched the first hour after work today. Totally amazing. What a great way to unwind.

    Tomorrow after work I shall watch the second hour. I am so looking forward to it.

    Thanks so much to the OP, jones4tone, for sharing this.
    Thanks Man!

    I just had an additional thought after re-watching the Captain Meets Paul Gilbert interview.

    Add PG to the mix at the pub and it would be one of the best days ever, except you would wake up the next day with super sore sides from laughing so hard!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    81
    It was great to see this. I have been a fan of the Anderson's videos for years. A few weeks ago Danish Pete posted a pic of the interview on Instagram, so I have been patiently waiting. I was pleasantly surprised that it was 2x the normal interview length. JP is a great spokesman for the brand.
    _____________________________

    2017 SBMM St Vincent (Vincent Blue)
    1965 Pleasant Dyko (Olympic White)
    1965 Univox Coily (Orange Sunburst)
    2014 Epiphone LP Special

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Shavertown Pa.
    Posts
    320
    I loved how nothing seemed scripted whatsoever, it was just shoot from the hip. The Captain and John both seemed like they could've talked for hours. Great stuff.
    Turquoise Pearl JP6 w/ roasted maple neck.
    Blueberry Burst JP15 w/ roasted maple neck.
    Mesa Boogie Mark V


    Volume changes everything!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    5,059
    Loved that video. So informative!
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

    Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

    Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

    I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Paradigm