Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Upgrade EBMM steve morse standart with piezo

Exclamation Upgrade EBMM steve morse standart with piezo

Hello buddy..
    Im iin from indonesia
    I want to upgrade my EBMM steve morse ... I need piezo sound in this guitar
    Please help me what should i do... What is the best piezo for this guitar...
    Thanks

I think Fishman do a piezo TOM bridge that might fit

I think Beej did this in the past
    I Piezo'ed my Morse!
    Last edited by banjoplayer; 05-12-2017 at 06:43 AM.
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: DREiNS, Shelter50, The BlueScream

I did indeed

I used a Graphtech bridge and preamp. Very doable, you just need to think through the controls.

Which one.?? theres 4mm and 6mm ghost tune o matic bridges

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    I did indeed

I used a Graphtech bridge and preamp. Very doable, you just need to think through the controls.
    Which one.?? theres 4mm and 6mm ghost tune o matic bridges

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    I think Beej did this in the past
    I Piezo'ed my Morse!
    Thanks i will check the link...

I did indeed

Hi beej .. I already check your post I Piezo'ed my Morse!
    But i cant see the picture.. Can you repost in here.. Include the picture.. Please

6mm. (It was an old Morse, though, so you're always best to check the measurements to be sure.) This was many years ago, and Graphtech offers more options now than they used to.

I've updated some of the old photos in that thread- hopefully this helps. Couple of random notes:

- You'll have to drill to run the piezo wire from the bridge to the cavity.
    - You'll have to figure out where you want to put the volume control (If you don't use the tone control you can put it there, or use a dual concentric pot, or put a pot where the 3-way toggle is, etc.).
    - You'll want to replace the output jack with a stereo jack so you can switch the battery off/on when the cable is plugged in.
    - I routed the body for a battery box, but there's room inside the cavity for a battery. (But you'd have to take the pickguard off to change it.)

One final note- I found the Graphtech preamp had some hiss that I couldn't dial out. It's there so you can blend the piezos and mags, and their default wiring has everything going through it. For that reason, I wired up a toggle for active/passive, so I could bypass the preamp if I wanted to. I haven't heard anyone else complain about this, so odds are you won't have to do it.

Good luck!

6mm. (It was an old Morse, though, so you're always best to check the measurements to be sure.) This was many years ago, and Graphtech offers more options now than they used to.

I've updated some of the old photos in that thread- hopefully this helps. Couple of random notes:

- You'll have to figure out where you want to put the volume control (If you don't use the tone control you can put it there, or use a dual concentric pot, or put a pot where the 3-way toggle is, etc.).
    - You'll want to replace the output jack with a stereo jack so you can switch the battery off/on when the cable is plugged in.
    - I routed the body for a battery box, but there's room inside the cavity for a battery. (But you'd have to take the pickguard off to change it.)

One final note- I found the Graphtech preamp had some hiss that I couldn't dial out. It's there so you can blend the piezos and mags, and their default wiring has everything going through it. For that reason, I wired up a toggle for active/passive, so I could bypass the preamp if I wanted to. I haven't heard anyone else complain about this, so odds are you won't have to do it.

Good luck!
    Thanks buddy ... Very helpful..

I used the fishman power bridge in combination with the fishman power chip. Used a push pull pot to activate the piezo.
    91 EVH Trans Black Quilt Top
    ?? Axis EX Trans Red Quilt Top
    05 JP6 Mystic Dream
    09 JP6 Dargie Delight II
    10 JP6 Pearl Redburst Limited
    07 JP6 BFR Ruby Red Burst
    05 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    06 SM-Y2D Tobacco Burst
    10 SM-Y2D BFR Black Sugar
    12 SM-Y2D PDN Honey Roasted
    14 SM-Y2D Rosewood Neck Solar Flare
    OLP MM-5 Silhouette Bassguitar
    OLP MM-1
    SBMM JP70 Stealth Black
    SBMM JP70D Pearl White ltd.

check out: www.reverbnation.com/morbidsky

Good luck!
    Upgrade EBMM steve morse standart with piezo-image-jpeg
    Do you use the piezo pickup from graphtech too ??
    Upgrade EBMM steve morse standart with piezo-image-jpeg

But the colour is black..

Yes, the Graphtech bridge + piezo saddles. The ones I have are black as well. If that's a problem, you can look at other vendors who have metallic saddles- Fishman, RMC, etc.

Yes, the Graphtech bridge + piezo saddles. The ones I have are black as well. If that's a problem, you can look at other vendors who have metallic saddles- Fishman, RMC, etc.
    Thanks buddy