Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musicman syndrome... is there an explanation?

Like life, owning EBMM guitars is like a box of chocolates. I'm always curious what the next one is gonna be like. And dammit, they all taste so good.. no point in resisting
    EBMM - AL MM90 White
    EBMM - AL MM90 Black w/trem and bridge HB
    EBMM - AL HH Black Sugar Roasted Maple
    EBMM - Reflex White
    EBMM - Armada Black flamed
    EBMM - JP7 White
    EBMM - JP6 Silver
    EBMM - Cutlass Vintage Turquoise
    EBMM - Stingray Starry Night

Mesa Boogie RA-100
    Marshall SL5
    Yamaha THR5

For me, it was and is the LIII HH. That guitar changed everything for me. It had the feel and tone I had been looking for. I have several now, each with a different wood combination. Now that I've found the guitar platform that works for me, one is not enough. I'm only interested in that guitar and its variations. Since the LIII HH came out, I haven't bought a guitar that isn't an LIII HH, and I'm ok with that.
    NP: Bali Burst LIII HH

I try not to question it, and just be thankful we have great fans!

They are all amazing versatile instruments and as us determined owners know , once you have sampled one, you cannot stop whether that be different models or "I want one with a Rosewood Board as well as maple"

If I had the money I would have an AL, Valentine, Armada, St Vincent, Cutlass, Silo, Axis semi without a doubt!
    Axis Super Sport Black Sparkle "Mr Sparkle"
    Reflex Roasted Maple "Black Mamba"
    Reflex Rosewood Neck Tangerine Pearl
    25th Anniversary "Jeff"

Picasso didn't use just one brush..

every so often I will use my old strat but it never lasts i always come back to mt steve morse guitars. Theres just something about EBMM guitars. sound great , very comfortable and once you played a music man neck its hard to go back to anything else.
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    2015 PDN Steve Morse Y2D
    Depurple burst y2d
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling AX40D
    and a bunch of guitars I don't really play anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangenote View Post
    This^^^
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangenote View Post
    True, but were most of them made by the same brush maker?
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Love this one!!!!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS PDN 2014 Neptune Blue
    AL HH PDN 2016 Starry Night
    AL MM90 Black

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Hey, they could have all come from the same animal!
    ---------------
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH Starry Night (DOB 12/29/2016)
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon (DOB 11/29/2016)
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo (DOB 9/11/2014)
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo (DOB 5/22/2012)
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo (DOB 11/7/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by KasperFauerby View Post
    Personally I've never understood the need or want for multiple guitars that are exactly the same. But my brand loyalty is extremely high. Earlier this year I almost went for another brand, but in the end picked the Cutlass after all. A decision I've not regretted in the slightest btw!

I use the JP6 as my main guitar and play in 2 different bands, one of which tunes to Eb. Rather than have to redo a set-up before each gig, I have multiple JP6 guitars, set up in both tunings. I will bring along a JP11 or an SBMM Majesty as a backup, or a hardtail guitar if our set requires tuning changes on the fly.

This identical guitars thing has come in handy when both bands are booked at the same gig - the guitar feels the same but is 1/2 step down!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    I use the JP6 as my main guitar and play in 2 different bands, one of which tunes to Eb. Rather than have to redo a set-up before each gig, I have multiple JP6 guitars, set up in both tunings. I will bring along a JP11 or an SBMM Majesty as a backup, or a hardtail guitar if our set requires tuning changes on the fly.

This identical guitars thing has come in handy when both bands are booked at the same gig - the guitar feels the same but is 1/2 step down!
    That is indeed a very valid argument for having multiple JP6s. It does fall into the "unless you're a touring/gigging musician with need of an exact backup" category though. I can understand why someone like Steve Lukather might own several LIIIs as well

For my own case, which is playing in a couple of bands (all standard tuning) plus home studio use, I'm going for tonal versatility instead. For me, having identical guitars would fall into the "collecting" category, which I kind of have a problem with...
    1997 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2011 - Reflex - Hardtail - White
    2016 - LIII BFR - HSS - Blueberry Burst Quilt
    2017 - Cutlass - SSS - Vintage Turquoise

Nevew new I had this condition until I read this thread.... Got into playing Music Man by accident, picked one up at a music store while I was waiting around, just because it was hanging right next to me, didnt even pay any attention to what it was until I played it and felt it in my hands, then I tried 3 others and was hooked. I was on the hunt to find one I could afford at the time. Picked up a used Axis SS and fell in love, then bought a Luke ii, loved it more than the Axis, tried a Valentine, another Axis, played everything they make at one point or another when I can find it but still always went back to my Luke,

So now I have 3 Luke iii HSS, Olive Gold with Rosewood neck and fingerboard, PDN Neptune Blue with Roasted Maple neck and finger board, and BFR in Bluesberry Flame with roasted maple neck and rosewood finger board. So I guess I could say they are all a little different since they all have a different neck configuration and are basically different models, that might be a little bit of a stretch, I guess bottom line I play a Luke iii HSS.... lol. I do have a limited edition Cutlass for my single coil needs, and a few other brand guitars but it seems the Luke iii is what is always played, it just works. Jim

For me it was hanging around on here too much.

Back when the /$ exchange rate was really favourable, I was too easily drawn into buying something from across the water that I would persuade myself was a deal too good to pass up. I acquired many guitars this way that I really didn't need (I don't do alternative tunings). Hanging around on here just made me aware of many things that were available.

Mind you, having aquired many guitars that I really don't need, I still find it hard to get rid of any!
    COME ON YOU IRONS....