Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw Don Henley last night!!!

User Info Menu

Saw Don Henley last night!!!

So, I lucked out and won tickets from a local radio station to see Don Henley. He was playing a very cool venue here in Boston. Of course it was pouring and this venue is outside, plus it was cold down in the 40's/50's last night was a very stiff wind (aka Nor'Easter). But my wife and I bundled up and headed into town. Had some dinner at Legal Seafoods and went into the show. The opening act was just finishing up and they were setting up for the main event. Is that guy tuning a Silhouette? Hot damn I hope so. Henley takes the stage, they put on an excellent show. Now it's time to introduce the band, first off is Stuart Smith (oh ok that makes sense), he replaced Don Felder in the Eagles, he's a big EBMM guy. So during the show hw played the HH Silhouette, a Silhouette Baritone and the double neck Silhouette. He did a great job!!! All in all it was a fun night.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Nice! I assume Don can still sing well, right? Must be nice to watch music legend perform.
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

I saw Don with his band MAAAANNNNNY years ago in Austin, and it was a great show. He's one I'd definitely want to see again if he came through.
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    Nice! I assume Don can still sing well, right? Must be nice to watch music legend perform.
    Oh yah, he did an awesome job singing and he plays guitar pretty well too.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    I saw Don with his band MAAAANNNNNY years ago in Austin, and it was a great show. He's one I'd definitely want to see again if he came through.
    Excellent, they are touring the specialness for me last night it was the first show of the US tour. Check his site:

Events : Don Henley

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Excellent, they are touring the specialness for me last night it was the first show of the US tour. Check his site:

Events : Don Henley

Glenn |B)
    I knew he was performing as The Eagles for The Classic fests this year, must be shaking the rust off!
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Albert Lee MM90 piezo "Silver Surfer"
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow natural flame piezo
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H
    White Cutlass Bass roasted neck

User Info Menu

Cool! I assume the set list was a mix of Eagles tunes and Henley's solo material.

It always nice when you go to see a show and an EBMM or 3 appear!
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    Cool! I assume the set list was a mix of Eagles tunes and Henley's solo material.

It always nice when you go to see a show and an EBMM or 3 appear!
    Between Steuart Smith and Joe Walsh we will have pretty dang good EBMM representation! And besides, Felder just shot a good amount of video for us: Paradigm, Expression Pedals, and a String Theory episode. Though, he's NOT likely to make an appearance with Don H.
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H

User Info Menu

Was Don dressed in black?
    Did he have a pony tail or not.
    Did he play any drums?
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorM View Post
    Was Don dressed in black?
    Did he have a pony tail or not.
    Did he play any drums?
    No
    No
    No

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyBall View Post
    Between Steuart Smith and Joe Walsh we will have pretty dang good EBMM representation! And besides, Felder just shot a good amount of video for us: Paradigm, Expression Pedals, and a String Theory episode. Though, he's NOT likely to make an appearance with Don H.
    That's too bad, I think Don Felder is an amazing guitar player!!!

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    That's too bad, I think Don Felder is an amazing guitar player!!!

Glenn |B)
    I know, I love his Eagles stuff. I can listen to all those harmonized licks over and over.
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H

User Info Menu

Anyone know if he attended Glenn Frey's funeral?

Man that Eagles doc with Felder seated at a mixing board recounting his split with the band while tearing and choking up was so sad to watch but also riveting and maybe the best part of the whole thing
    Last edited by kbaim; 06-12-2017 at 04:45 PM.
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Did u REALLY go?!?!
    I don't see any pics!
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple (HSS, Floyd)
    '11 JP6 Pearl White (Loaded)
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 PDN Axis Honey Burst
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset (Floyd)
    '12 JPX Barolo

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

Razzle, I did go it was a great wet cold show, but sorry didn't take any pictures too busy enjoying the show.

Glenn |B)