Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Valentine NGD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnad View Post
    I switched to d'addario balanced tension 10's. i found the 11's a bit of a chore to push around, especially with the way the action was set from Sweetwater. The 10's are great, but i do have one issue. This issue is pulling the high E string off the fretboard when doing pull-offs in the first five frets. Have you encountered this?
    I have not noticed this issue on mine.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

I haven't encountered this either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem pulling the strings off of the fretboard on mine. Mine has the best playing neck I've held, followed closely by the neck on my Cutlass. If only the Cutlass neck was roasted and waxed

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
    Love the buttermilk finish. Dying to try one of these out. Congrats!
    1994 EBMM EVH (Trans Gold)
    2009 EBMM Axis (Black Magic Crystal)
    2013 EBMM Axis (Black Cherry Burst)
    2016 EBMM Luke III HH (Bodhi Blue)
    2016 Suhr Classic Pro HSS (Sunburst)

www.facebook.com/wiredrocks

I have one in Maroon and it is now my #1....took a couple months to get used to the thinner neck (this is my first EBMM guitar - but I did have an EBMM bass before). I also like the middle pickup position with the humbucker tapped / split. One thing I did change is the internal trim pots - the boost was too hot for me and I thought it lacked clarity when engaged. I knocked it almost all the way down and now it is a nice light boost to push me over the top as needed. I also went to 10s, but I like a "heavy bottom"....my playing is mostly clean.....when I do use an OD, I like the Lovepedal OD 11 and the Lunastone Wise Guy.