Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Increasing resistance in volume knob

Increasing resistance in volume knob

Is it possible to make the volume knob on my Luke a little harder to turn. It's very easy to turn and I find myselt hitting it quite often by accident lowering the volume. I'm thinking if it had a little more resistance it would help. Any ideas?

Good question that I'm curious about too.

Pull the knob off, put a piece of foam around the shaft and reinstall the knob. The foam will provide some friction.

JL, are you suggesting to install some foam so it will rub against the body of the guitar? Not sure I follow your recommendation.

You can add foam or a washer on top of the nut so the knob will have a bit more friction when turning.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

I think because of the push gain on that knob it will not work- I tried a washer and that seemed to work- but wouldn't allow the gain boost push...

Quote Originally Posted by michaeld13 View Post
    I think because of the push gain on that knob it will not work- I tried a washer and that seemed to work- but wouldn't allow the gain boost push...
    Is this guitar an LIII or a regular Luke? the push-push pot on the LIII changes the procedure a bit. Regular volume knobs are more straightforward to take care of, basically just one set screw to deal with and then you're under the hood. As always we recommend contacting customer service when you have an issue with your instrument.

It's an L3. If it's not a quick fix I'm not sure it's tweak able. I guess I'll contact customer service when I have a chance.

Just got a 96' Axis and the truss rod knob is very easy to turn, is this a normal thing? All my other guitars are very hard to tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by holeshot1982 View Post
    Just got a 96' Axis and the truss rod knob is very easy to turn, is this a normal thing? All my other guitars are very hard to tweak.
    If it works as it should, and the guitar plays well you don't need to worry.
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeld13 View Post
    Is it possible to make the volume knob on my Luke a little harder to turn. It's very easy to turn and I find myselt hitting it quite often by accident lowering the volume. I'm thinking if it had a little more resistance it would help. Any ideas?

This may help the bit you are looking for starts at 7 minutes.

5 things you didn&#39;t know about your Fender Strat - YouTube