Music Man Modern Classics
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Albert Lee - photos

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    These three use to belong to my old forum member GrumpuOldMan (John).

The first one is a Gunmetal very rare color for an AL.

Glenn |B)
    That white one looks awfully familiar

User Info Menu

That shot reminded me of some pics I found on the web years ago...
    I have no idea who these belong to but I've always been fascinated with them...

Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

The top two images, belong to deceased member MBGreene, he was a great guy, I got to meet him a number of times.

He started the ALOC.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    The top two images, belong to deceased member MBGreene, he was a great guy, I got to meet him a number of times.

He started the ALOC.

Glenn |B)
    Greenie did? Huh. I always thought it was started by Spud. Learn something new every day!
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    Greenie did? Huh. I always thought it was started by Spud. Learn something new every day!
    oh it was something we joshed about ... it's such a long time ago, that I don't remember who "started it"? He did start the "process" of saying de coder ring and special handshake. I got to name him the Commander In Chief, and he named me his Sergeant at Arms and whenever guys bought an Albert and posted we would always (and still try to do so), welcome them to the ALOC. So the actual "formation" is a bit hazy, but I believe it was Mr Greene
    I remember photoshopping a decoder ring that dear old Mike later used as his profile pic. Nice guy - miss him.

So where's my photos?

Coming right up
    (a week of a trapped sciatic nerve has left me a bit out of sorts -clambering under the car too much lol)
    Watch this space!
    Last edited by Spudmurphy; 07-03-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

So p bucket was playing up pretty bad, so for the first time, I'm gonna try another photo client....

Thanks for posting all the photos ... I hope that there are more to come?

Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Great pics Spudly!
    Hope you feel better soon...I'm all stiff n sore from working on Mrs. Bebops STI yesterday... this getting old business is a double-edged sword. It's scary and it hurts, but it sure beats the alternative...

Anyway, what's the story with the duct tape Van Halen job on the back there????
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Oh well - another trip to the physio therapist tomorrow!!

The tape ? Wot doesn't everybody do that ????

I was depping in a band whilst the guitarist recovered from a broken hand. The LEAL was my weapon of choice. After a few gigs I noticed some fine scratching on the back. I buffed them out and covered the whole back of the guitar in masking tape. To add some "substance" to the tape I added the gaffa tape then decided to have a laugh by adding a second colour a la EVH ! - a very poor attempt lol

It's due to come off soon!

My leg is that bad, my DMC 12 can have the garage to "herself" !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    I -will- add a pink burst to the harem someday... definitely on the list.
    That maple neck looks perfect on the mint green HH !!
    I saw Albert (and his son Wayne) play in Cardiff last Thursday (alas no photos but search Earl Haigh, Whitchurch, Cardiff on FB and there's quite a few!.

... of course he played his pinkburst!

User Info Menu

I'm really happy with the response to this thread. It has brought back many memories and the realisation that there is a lot of people out there who love this guitar.Ironically somebody on Facebook said something along the lines of "Hey, have you seen the thread on the Ernie ball forum on the Albert Lee guitar"!!!! We've had a lot of views so far, so now.....

I declare my thread open to whatever photos you feel would be relevant to this thread
    - "LET'S MAKE THIS ALBERT LEE THREAD ONE TO REMEMBER" ??

Thanks to everybody who has responded, this forum is such a great place, and The ALOC is The Owners Club to be in
    - and let's not give up on Casey showing us the vault?
    Last edited by Spudmurphy; 07-05-2017 at 09:17 AM.

User Info Menu

Hello, my name is Xjbebop, and I am addicted to Music Man Albert Lee guitars...
    I was checking few things on Reverb yesterday and stumbled upon a new listing for another AL that I just couldn't resist. Bartered a bit with the seller and sealed the deal....
    Will post pics & specs once it's in my greedy little paws...
    It's true, I am helpless against them.
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fbecir View Post
    The AL is made for playing live, so light and so cool !

As a bonus, you have my beautiful face
    We are so blessed :-)
    "What is understood need not be discussed"

User Info Menu

I like this it's for sale on reverb, but the seller is out of his mind about the amount his is asking for it in my opinion.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Hello, my name is Xjbebop, and I am addicted to Music Man Albert Lee guitars...
    I was checking few things on Reverb yesterday and stumbled upon a new listing for another AL that I just couldn't resist. Bartered a bit with the seller and sealed the deal....
    Will post pics & specs once it's in my greedy little paws...
    It's true, I am helpless against them.
    WHAT?? WHICH ONE?? Did I miss something???

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Unhappy

You can buy this one : I'm very reasonable!

Albert Lee - photos-19577262_10155423546928058_9035264366966705504_o-jpg
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold