EBMM Stingray bass blue

Thread: Steve Morse Standard Pickguard question

User Info Menu

Steve Morse Standard Pickguard question

I recently got a morse standard, and while I really like it, I believe I would like it a lot more if it was set up for three pickups, ala his Y2D. Is there anyplace to get a new pick guard that will fit the standard, but with the pickup/control layout of the Y2D?

User Info Menu

I am not knowledgeable about whether the Y2D pickguard would fit the standard Morse, but EBMM customer service would be able to answer that question for you and possibly sell you a blank pickguard if that is the case. If not, Pickguard Heaven ( Pickguard Heaven: Pickguards for Every Guitar ) would be worth a try.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

You can get a replacement pickguard. But a less expensive solution might be to just ignore the neck single and simply replace the 3-way lever with a 5-way and wire it up like the Y2D. Then you can remove the "add bridge" toggle, or use it for a coil split or something (this is what I currently do).

Gives you a more intuitive control layout, with the option of the extra pickup if you ever want it.

User Info Menu

That's exactly what's getting done to mine right now. I'm haven't the three way switch made into a coil tap. Can't wait to get it back from the shop .
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    2015 PDN Steve Morse Y2D
    Depurple burst y2d
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling AX40D
    and a bunch of guitars I don't really play anymore

User Info Menu

Steve Morse Standard Pickguard question-image-jpgWell I'm trying this for right now. Push button on/off switches

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    You can get a replacement pickguard. But a less expensive solution might be to just ignore the neck single and simply replace the 3-way lever with a 5-way and wire it up like the Y2D. Then you can remove the "add bridge" toggle, or use it for a coil split or something (this is what I currently do).

Gives you a more intuitive control layout, with the option of the extra pickup if you ever want it.
    Do you have a wiring diagram for that?

User Info Menu

You can use the Y2D wiring diagram (email the CS folks - in my sig), but you have to marry it with the Morse wiring diagram for the 3-way. And if you want to use the toggle for the coil split, that also changes things a bit.

User Info Menu

I like the idea of the push button switch I feel like mine is always in the way

User Info Menu

Hi! Is it regular switch i can buy in every electric shop? I have morse model and i have same problems...

User Info Menu

Is which a regular switch? The 5-way lever? You need a super switch, or something with multiple sets of poles.

Easiest is just to call Music Man and buy it from them directly. But you can get something similar from other vendors.