Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I managed to get the last Meet & Greet ticket for DT

Quote Originally Posted by kbaim View Post
    Pretty sure i just saw guitar on EBAY

That'd make a great plot twist for this thread!
    EBMM JP6 MYSTIC DREAM
    SBMM JP100D RRB *SOLD*
    SBMM JP70D PWH

What I sound like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkWv0VUa23Y

Faris, congrats on your achievement of seeing TWO shows, and I am very happy that you were able to meet the DT guys and get your gear autographed safe and sound. I think it's really cool that you'll always have something special to remember them by. You are very blessed to have such good friends to help you as well.

Interestingly enough, we must be on some kind of DT wavelength because since my last post I discovered that Dream Theater will be in Chicago on Nov 3 and I went all out for the meet and greet as well. I figure I may have mere seconds to ask a question to the guys (your description pretty much is what I guessed), so I am debating on what I even want to ask, if anything.

I have also decided that I am going to forgo taking any guitar parts to sign for various reasons - basically, none of my friends will go with me (yeah thanks guys, I go to all your stuff) - and just ask them to sign a CD Sleeve or something else very small that will be easy to pocket.

I'll report back after the show. I just hope I can survive my day job in between now and then!
    Last edited by fjk1138; 10-11-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    Majesty Monarchy - Imperial Blue
    Schecter C1-XXX
    Schecter Diamond Series Bass
    Gretsch Duo Jet

Quote Originally Posted by fjk1138 View Post
    Faris, congrats on your achievement of seeing TWO shows, and I am very happy that you were able to meet the DT guys and get your gear autographed safe and sound. I think it's really cool that you'll always have something special to remember them by. You are very blessed to have such good friends to help you as well.
    Thanks man! Yeah I have the best of friends all over the country. Help doesn't come without a little $$$ though but my God was it worth it.

Interestingly enough, we must be on some kind of DT wavelength because since my last post I discovered that Dream Theater will be in Chicago on Nov 3 and I went all out for the meet and greet as well. I figure I may have mere seconds to ask a question to the guys (your description pretty much is what I guessed), so I am debating on what I even want to ask, if anything.
    First of all Congratulations! Best decision of my life.

Second. Let me give you a couple of things you can try to make the meet & greet more memorable. These things I thought about after the meet which I kind of regret not trying:

1. If you're bringing your guitar ask the guys if you can bring your guitar in the photoshoot.

2. Before taking the photo try asking the guys to do a pose of your preference like fists up or something. All of the meet photos look more or less the same.

3. Don't hesitate to stop a couple more seconds for each members to talk to them. The line was fast during my meet so everyone only talked while signing & then immediately move on to the next guy.

I actually asked JR how was Malaysia but he was busy talking to MM and didn't hear me. So make sure you get their attention first!

You're paying a huge amount for such small time so make it stand out from the others. Trust me it's worth it to try stuff there if it works out. Having JP write on my guitar puts a smile on my face everytime I look back at the meet.

I have also decided that I am going to forgo taking any guitar parts to sign for various reasons - basically, none of my friends will go with me (yeah thanks guys, I go to all your stuff) - and just ask them to sign a CD Sleeve or something else very small that will be easy to pocket.

I'll report back after the show. I just hope I can survive my day job in between now and then!
    Aww too bad man. I hope something works out for you. But you can try though bringing something that stands out if you dont bring your guitar. Something huge but easy to carry like a flag or a poster or a XXXXL shirt with a DT logo that you can frame later. Try to think of something while surviving now until the show!

P/s: Survey the venue for any lockers you can use to store your stuff. You'll get a goodie bag so might as well bring something a bit bigger than your pockets.

I wish all the best for you.
    Last edited by faris; 10-12-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    EBMM JP6 MYSTIC DREAM
    SBMM JP100D RRB *SOLD*
    SBMM JP70D PWH

Photo update!

I got my guitar back yesterday and it was in perfect shape (Thanks buddy!)

So yeah what SM wrote to JP, JP wrote to me backplate was a special gift Pete Dubaldo gave me when I bought the guitar from him.

I managed to get the last Meet & Greet ticket for DT-img_20171014_113551_806-jpg

I managed to get the last Meet & Greet ticket for DT-img_20171013_233851_850-jpg
    EBMM JP6 MYSTIC DREAM
    SBMM JP100D RRB *SOLD*
    SBMM JP70D PWH

VERY nice!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

Hi.

I'm the creator of the "day on the tour" video, and I'm glad it was of help to you. That was why I created it in the first place because I saw people having some odd expectations of what the meet and greet could be. Especially the "no handshake" rule can throw people off a bit, but germs and stuff is in abundance on tour

I had my sig on my backplate, but I forgot to cure it with something so it'd set, so I've already rubbed it off. Oh well. Next time I meet JP, I guess
    EBMM JP6 + EBMM Majesty 7 AD
    Mesa Boogie JP-2C + 2x12 Recto horizontal speaker.

Question Question

Quote Originally Posted by noxon View Post
    Hi.

I'm the creator of the "day on the tour" video, and I'm glad it was of help to you. That was why I created it in the first place because I saw people having some odd expectations of what the meet and greet could be. Especially the "no handshake" rule can throw people off a bit, but germs and stuff is in abundance on tour

I had my sig on my backplate, but I forgot to cure it with something so it'd set, so I've already rubbed it off. Oh well. Next time I meet JP, I guess
    Hey, got my JP6 back plate signed by DT and I am wondering if you had any ideas on how to make it permanent ? Appreciate the help..
    Proud owner - JP6 Mystic Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Left_RG View Post
    Hey, got my JP6 back plate signed by DT and I am wondering if you had any ideas on how to make it permanent ? Appreciate the help..
    Either get a clear spray paint and coat the entire backplate with it - or get some film to cover it up. Both will work fine.
    EBMM JP6 + EBMM Majesty 7 AD
    Mesa Boogie JP-2C + 2x12 Recto horizontal speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by noxon View Post
    Either get a clear spray paint and coat the entire backplate with it - or get some film to cover it up. Both will work fine.

Most importantly, get another back plate so the signed one can sit on a shelf.

But, even sitting there, Sharpie permanent marker fades over time...

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!