Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Axis being phase out?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Indio, CA
    Posts
    12,561
    Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    I believe that every EBMM guitar made is either:

    a) ordered by a dealer, because the dealer's customer asks the dealer to order that guitar
    b) ordered by a dealer without a particular customer in mind, to hang in the store or stock in their warehouse
    c) made for an EBMM artist
    d) made for a trade show (like NAMM or the Philly/Dallas guitar shows) -- usually a pretty cool one off
    e) made for an employee or friend of EBMM
    f) a prototype new model or new color combo -- usually go to an artist or get chopped

    The key is: EBMM does NOT say "ok, next week we are going to do a run of 50 red Majesty Monarchy's for our warehouse in anticipation of sales", whereas other manufacturers do that and then keep them all in a big warehouse waiting (hoping) a dealer will order it.

    EBMM DOES say, "next week we'll make the next XX guitars on our backlog."

    Casey, did I get that right?



    That seems pretty spot on to me.

    I can say pretty definitely that the Axis is not going anywhere. It will keep chugging along like all other models in our lineup. As a matter of fact, part of what we want to do is get the word out on non sigs like Axis and Silhouette models, get them in new hands, different audiences, that kind of thing.

    Signatures already do so much for us as a company, but we really want to support the non sigs to get them on that same level. That's one of our focuses right now.
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Albert Lee MM90 piezo "Silver Surfer"
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow natural flame piezo
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H
    White Cutlass Bass roasted neck

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyBall View Post
    That seems pretty spot on to me.

    I can say pretty definitely that the Axis is not going anywhere. It will keep chugging along like all other models in our lineup. As a matter of fact, part of what we want to do is get the word out on non sigs like Axis and Silhouette models, get them in new hands, different audiences, that kind of thing.

    Signatures already do so much for us as a company, but we really want to support the non sigs to get them on that same level. That's one of our focuses right now.
    Great news!!! I was a little worried about the Silo and Silo Special - those are great guitars (as is the Axis)
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 SSH Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM JP6 (Mystic Dream Fully Loaded)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)

    www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks, Casey. There is much love for the Axis here on the forum, so that's a relief.

    2015 Luke III - BFR - Blackburst
    2014 Luke - BFR - Koa
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR (Pinkbert) with Sustainiac and Gravity Storm
    2013 Luke III - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky) with pink video game button killswitch
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    371
    Regardless, something HAS happened in the marketplace with these. Perhaps they've been missing from marketing for so long, people assumed they were gone. Hence, a downward spiral?

    Pete, that Koa AXIS.... *drool*

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    9,363
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeller View Post
    Great news!!! I was a little worried about the Silo and Silo Special - those are great guitars (as is the Axis)
    Agreed Mike.

    Glenn |B)
    1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    3. Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/01]
    4. Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/11] BFR

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,175
    Perhaps some more exciting finish choices and options like roasted necks etc might spike some interest. I have a Silo Spec in blue dawn with a gray pearlized pickguard. That guitar, (and I am sure your Fuschia Sparkle) and some of the models Jeff has are so exciting I can't imagine people not drolling !!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 SSH Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM JP6 (Mystic Dream Fully Loaded)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)

    www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Indio, CA
    Posts
    12,561
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeller View Post
    Perhaps some more exciting finish choices and options like roasted necks etc might spike some interest. I have a Silo Spec in blue dawn with a gray pearlized pickguard. That guitar, (and I am sure your Fuschia Sparkle) and some of the models Jeff has are so exciting I can't imagine people not drolling !!!
    Its hard to argue with that, we've done it so much in the past making either one offs or specials or PDNs or DDs or whatever. But really we have so many models with so many color options that it can be a burden on the logistics of manufacturing and sales, and not just for us, keeping it easier for the retail guys is important too. Expressing that our guitars sound better, perform reliably, and advertise the ergonomic considerations we put into our guitars (ie truss rod wheel, 5 bolt neck, trem system, short headstock for airline travel, etc) is what should drive people to us.
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Albert Lee MM90 piezo "Silver Surfer"
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow natural flame piezo
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H
    White Cutlass Bass roasted neck

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyBall View Post
    Its hard to argue with that, we've done it so much in the past making either one offs or specials or PDNs or DDs or whatever. But really we have so many models with so many color options that it can be a burden on the logistics of manufacturing and sales, and not just for us, keeping it easier for the retail guys is important too. Expressing that our guitars sound better, perform reliably, and advertise the ergonomic considerations we put into our guitars (ie truss rod wheel, 5 bolt neck, trem system, short headstock for airline travel, etc) is what should drive people to us.

    Yeah, I can't even imagine what you good people do there to keep it all straight. Whatever, we are grateful and proud on this end of it!!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 SSH Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM JP6 (Mystic Dream Fully Loaded)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)

    www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NW Burbs - Chicago
    Posts
    329
    If your looking... Willcutt guitars has a handful of Axis models to choose from.

    Axis

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    52
    Glad to hear the Silhouette Special is not being phased out. It's my favourite guitar of all time.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    338
    Here in the uk my local stores are desperately short of EBMM guitars, I think a few demo instruments would build up interest in them because everyone who tried my silo special with rosewood neck absolutely loves it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Paradigm