Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your dream Music Man?

Silhouette Special, roasted maple neck, rosewood board, stainless frets, BFR tonewood cocktail body (alder, mahogany tone block, maple top), Neptune Blue (which was 2014 PDN run), morse-style clear pickguard, HSS with noiseless singles.

I'll call it the Jetlagged Baby Special. Hello from the state of Massachusets, BTW.
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Silhouette Special, roasted maple neck, rosewood board, stainless frets, BFR tonewood cocktail body (alder, mahogany tone block, maple top), Neptune Blue (which was 2014 PDN run), morse-style clear pickguard, HSS with noiseless singles.

I'll call it the Jetlagged Baby Special. Hello from the state of Massachusets, BTW.
    Welcome to America, Kevin! What you've described certainly sounds like something which would catch my eye, as I have a soft spot for blue guitars.
    ---------------
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH Starry Night (DOB 12/29/2016)
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon (DOB 11/29/2016)
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo (DOB 9/11/2014)
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo (DOB 5/22/2012)
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo (DOB 11/7/2006)

EBMM came out with my dream guitar this year.

I'm looking at you - Purple Monarchy Majesty.

Funny, I could only ever picture myself buying 2 models of guitar in purple and they are both made by MM. The Majesty and the Axis. The Axis pulls the color off really well too.

What is your dream Music Man?-purpleaxisr-jpg
    2014 Majesty - Polar Noir

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    Welcome to America, Kevin! What you've described certainly sounds like something which would catch my eye, as I have a soft spot for blue guitars.
    Thanks. Always good to be back! Ten days in MA, then drive to Buffalo via Saratoga, quick hop to Toronto to hang with beej, then back to Buffalo for a few weeks by lake Erie, hopefully swimming, with plenty of IPA, rootbeer, Sahlen's hotdogs, beef on weck. I love my summers!
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

My dream JP is already in Production but not in the Orientation I am use to .. A JP15 Lefty .. My Oh My, I am drooling just thinking about it.. And That is my dream EBMM.
    Proud owner - JP6 Mystic Dream

Majesty original (basswood wings) HSH with full Gamechanger electronics (i.e. ability to configure pickup wirings).

Any color finish as long as the hardware is chrome.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    Majesty original (basswood wings) HSH with full Gamechanger electronics (i.e. ability to configure pickup wirings).
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought it did in-fact have the full Gamechanger in it. It's just that it was only being used for switching and the rest is not in use.
    2014 Majesty - Polar Noir

Mine would be a HSS 25th anniversary with a roasted maple neck and the l3 preamp/boost system.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Thanks. Always good to be back! Ten days in MA, then drive to Buffalo via Saratoga, quick hop to Toronto to hang with beej, then back to Buffalo for a few weeks by lake Erie, hopefully swimming, with plenty of IPA, rootbeer, Sahlen's hotdogs, beef on weck. I love my summers!
    Sounds like a wonderful chance to relax. I assume there's some guitar playing mixed in there. And give some other, non-IPA beers a chance!
    ---------------
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH Starry Night (DOB 12/29/2016)
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon (DOB 11/29/2016)
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo (DOB 9/11/2014)
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo (DOB 5/22/2012)
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo (DOB 11/7/2006)

Here's an idea: purple (think Axis type trans purple) on a JP15 quilt top, but with a 25th Anniversary style chambered body and a series/parallel switch
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Albert Lee MM90 piezo "Silver Surfer"
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow natural flame piezo
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H
    White Cutlass Bass roasted neck

Quote Originally Posted by bhull View Post
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought it did in-fact have the full Gamechanger in it. It's just that it was only being used for switching and the rest is not in use.
    Perhaps, but you know what I mean! I would like to be able to access its full capabilities. Run each humbucker's coils in parallel instead of series, tap the outer single coils instead of the inner ones, that sort of thing.

I doubt JP would want these things, but we are dreaming here!

A modification to my dream: a Reflex Gamechanger with a through neck made of mahogany. That might actually be even better because it already contains basswood and has the chambering. And it is already black with chrome hardware.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

I just wish the hardtail Axis would go back into production in a wide array of colors. It is already the rock machine that can't be beat.

My music on iTunes, CDBaby and Amazon

Happily Own

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)

Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyBall View Post
    This thread has potential!

That neck through AL in the vault was actually something I was daydreaming about before I had realized they made an AL with lots of LP qualities! Need to get a new nut for it and set it back up.

TBH I'd like to design my own MM. An Axis is like a tele mixed with an LP, I'd like to take that design inspiration and mix a tele with an SG.
    Do it! Do it! Do it!
    '08 Silhouette Special - Carbon Blue Pearl
    '16 Cutlass - Ivory White
    '14 Axis Super Sport Semi-hollow - Honey Burst

Red Star Guitars
    www.redstarguitars.com

If I could design a new MM model, it would have an offset mahogany body (cross between a reverse Firebird and a Jazzmaster), dual humbuckers with a 3-way toggle and push/pull pot for coil tapping, hardtail bridge (TOM variant), maple neck with 1 11/16" width and a F-A-T-T-E-R 'C' profile, maple fretboard, Cutlass headstock shape, locking tuners, compensated nut, med-jumbo frets.

I think the MM headstock would look outstanding on an offset guitar. I know others make offset guitars that are cool, like Suhr, Grosh, Fano etc, but I think MM could come up with a fairly unique body shape and we all know the neck is going to be the best in the industry.
    '08 Silhouette Special - Carbon Blue Pearl
    '16 Cutlass - Ivory White
    '14 Axis Super Sport Semi-hollow - Honey Burst

Red Star Guitars
    www.redstarguitars.com

One of the "cool" MM's in lefty:
    Morse
    Valentine
    And of course the non-existant Bongo guitar