Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is your dream Music Man?

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    Perhaps, but you know what I mean! I would like to be able to access its full capabilities. Run each humbucker's coils in parallel instead of series, tap the outer single coils instead of the inner ones, that sort of thing.

I doubt JP would want these things, but we are dreaming here!
    How would we access the full Game Changer without the use of the USB or MIDI port we see on the Reflex?

Just wondering.

If I were to guess...these things were all part of going outside the box with the Majesty, and JP decided to stick with the basics on the pickup configuration.

Just spitballing here....might be totally off the mark....just love talking about this stuff.
    2014 Majesty - Polar Noir

I'd love to see the 25th/Reflex with quilt tops in different colors return in HH and SSH versions as well as one with the semi-hollow M cutouts. What a beast that would be!
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2012 - Albert Lee SSS - White Pearl
    2014 - Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow (Reflex mod) - Black Cherry Burst
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

Quote Originally Posted by kimonostereo View Post
    I'd love to see the 25th/Reflex with quilt tops in different colors return in HH and SSH versions as well as one with the semi-hollow M cutouts. What a beast that would be!
    +1 The tops were so great on the 25th. Granted, I have no idea about the demand from retailers, but I thought the Reflex would be great with fancier tops.

Quote Originally Posted by bhull View Post
    How would we access the full Game Changer without the use of the USB or MIDI port we see on the Reflex?

Just wondering.

If I were to guess...these things were all part of going outside the box with the Majesty, and JP decided to stick with the basics on the pickup configuration.

Just spitballing here....might be totally off the mark....just love talking about this stuff.
    If I had to guess, it had more to do with size and weight of the majesty. The GC has a bigger body and weighs more than an Axis, so I'm guessing it would have been a problem keeping the majesty's size, shape, and weight the same with the GC configuration inside.
    “You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” - Keith Richards

'14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Mesa Boogie Mark V 25
    Suhr Corso
    Black Star HT-1
    Bad Cat 2x12

Start with the JPX....remove the 5-way switch and replace with a black 3-way switch (like on every other JP). Then, don't chamber the body and offer that baby with as many sick quilt top finishes, sparkle finishes, etc. I'd buy one for every tuning I could!

(Honestly....if just the 5-way was replaced with the 3-way I would buy another JPX right now). I absolutely adored the jumbo frets on that guitar, the ebony board, black hardware, and first time we saw the slimmer horns.

For me when that 5-way was in the neck position it was constantly in the way of my picking hand when playing leads. The 3-way is never in my way and never had an issue with it.

Can we get JP to agree to the pickup selector switch?!

That teal semi-hollow ASS with roasted maple that was for sale on here a while back comes pretty close for me. Unfortunately, I was waaaay over my guitar budget for the year.

I don't know that I have a "dream" EBMM, but I do have a list of ones that I hope to one day own. I've never been that big on the mix, match and design thing. I could probably come up with a few, but after a week-long business trip, I don't have the brain power right now. Maybe at some point this weekend.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1996 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

Simplicity

My ideal EBMM would just be a plain Black Axis Super Sport Trem
    with matching Black headstock with a maple neck ,cream knobs and binding.
    I used to own a Black EVH Wolfgang obviously without the matching headstock
    but couldn't live with the Floyd Rose and no tone control but it looked really classy.
    So as you can tell I'm not really a fan of all the fancy flame and quilt tops.

Ok dream....and it will sound crazy but hey I have access to meds...(I'm an RN). A Steve Morse with a P90 in the neck, piezo and the same trem as the JPs. Oh yeah roasted maple neck....

reflex.pearl blue mm90 neck,hb bridge..reflex wiring.trem,rosewood board,solid saddles....perfection.....plz make one for me,bp.

Black burst flame top Luke III BFR in HSS config with many cuing headstock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is absolutely NO doubt that my favorite EBMM would be a purple EBMM Monarchy Magesty 7.

Or one of the Axis VH models.
    "DreamTheaterRules" in all the other forums

With Peavey releasing the HP2 (Wolfgang) at Summer NAMM, it really makes me think about the potential of a carved top Axis.
    Hey, who would have thought EBMM would do a semi-hollow?!?

BFR HHAL would be amazing, mahogany body with a maple top in pinkburst. I'm 50/50 on a rosewood neck or roasted maple.
    -the 3HB orange one that they showed as a prototype would do here as well)

HSS Silo Spec in Buttercream with a tort pickguard and a roasted maple neck would be amazing. (The did a run for the German Market a few years ago)

An open roasted maple neck run like the "return of the rosewood" run would be nice.

I would like the chance to order a PDN Honeyroasted or PDN Neptune blue again. Either of those on a BFR L3 (HH) or Axis would be a nice addition to the addiction.

I'll take Employee pricing on a JP15... easier on my wallet and prob easier than adding a ton of options to the production line... what do you think Casey? Doesn't hurt to try
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

The next perfect guitar for me would a Johny Hiland signature EBMM Tele style guitar with all the fix'ins... this yet to be made EBMM is far overdue!!!! IMO

Similar to Cutless style only Tele Style but top end like the JP's

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Silhouette Special, roasted maple neck, rosewood board, stainless frets, BFR tonewood cocktail body (alder, mahogany tone block, maple top), Neptune Blue (which was 2014 PDN run), morse-style clear pickguard, HSS with noiseless singles.
    Almost, but: Silhouette Special, vintage bridge, roasted maple wax/oil neck, rosewood fretboard, stainless frets, white perloid pickguard, HSS with noiseless singles, blueberry burst quilt or black burst quilt.
    2/22/05 EBMM Sub1 X12770 oil/wax neck, cinnamon body, HSS w/5 way

My JP15 Blueberry Burst, but neck thru.
    '15 JP15 BBB | '14 PDN JP6 | '10 JP6 Mystic Dream | '13 JP70 (w/CL/LF)
    '13 LP Traditional | '13 EPi LP | '10 LP Classic | 89' LP Std
    '16 Amer Strat HSS
    Mark IV | RA-100 | (2) 2x12 Recto Slant
    Dunlop Limited Wah | EBMM Volume
    GCP/GCX | EVH Phase & Flange | Dreamscape | Archer | Nova Drive | G-Major 2