Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody had problems with 10s on a L3?

Quote Originally Posted by steevo View Post
    It shouldn't drift out at all, my silhouette special is rock solid even with heavy trem use. It's worth experimenting with it a bit more.
    Yup, you were right! Cleaned up the saddles and nut and applied a new drop of lubricant... that took care of the last little bit of drift. Plays like a dream now, and rock solid tuning! Best setup I've had for it so far, so in the end time was well spent.

I've set it up so it has a tiny amount of float with 3 springs. Pretty much with the trem plate parallel to the body, like a Floyd. Now that the trem plate is lifted a hair off the body that works well for gentle chord/note shakes, and the occasional larger dip. That's my new "default" config for this guitar.

But it also means I can just drop in a 4th spring with no problem to fix the bridge, if I need to play a lot of double stops on a recording. Without having to mess with action or intonation.

Awesome, now I can finally begin to love this instrument again
    1997 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2011 - Reflex - Hardtail - White
    2016 - LIII BFR - HSS - Blueberry Burst Quilt
    2017 - Cutlass - SSS - Vintage Turquoise

Quote Originally Posted by KasperFauerby View Post
    Yup, you were right! Cleaned up the saddles and nut and applied a new drop of lubricant... that took care of the last little bit of drift. Plays like a dream now, and rock solid tuning! Best setup I've had for it so far, so in the end time was well spent.

I've set it up so it has a tiny amount of float with 3 springs. Pretty much with the trem plate parallel to the body, like a Floyd. Now that the trem plate is lifted a hair off the body that works well for gentle chord/note shakes, and the occasional larger dip. That's my new "default" config for this guitar.

But it also means I can just drop in a 4th spring with no problem to fix the bridge, if I need to play a lot of double stops on a recording. Without having to mess with action or intonation.

Awesome, now I can finally begin to love this instrument again
    Superb news mate, I learnt off the forum that the trem could stick, even after 25 years of playing and setting up my own instruments I had learnt something new, I'm just glad I could pass that info on to someone else.
    Now go and play the hell out of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar