Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: I know I'm late to the party, but St. Vincent is amazing....

I know I'm late to the party, but St. Vincent is amazing....

A friend told me I should check her out and her self titled album is amazing. No wonder EBMM gave her a signature guitar. I know these forums are a shredder's paradise, but seriously, her songwriting is amazing!

My music on iTunes, CDBaby and Amazon

Happily Own

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)

Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)

When I bought my EBMM St. Vincent, in St. Vincent Blue, about a month ago, I had no idea who she was or anything. I figured she must be some kind of guitar genius. Even Steve Vai carries on about her incredible approach to guitar. I just bought the guitar because it caught my eye [attaching pix of mine].

While I'm not understanding her guitar genius, and maybe it's just me [I'm not seeing it], I have since become a fan of her songwriting and own all of her albums, including the one she did with David Byrne. Like me, she went to music school for a few years, wondered what a degree would do for her drive to be a rock musician, and left.

I'd describe her music as what it might be like if Laurie Anderson and Captain Beefheart had a baby, then hired Siouxsie and the Banshees as daycare, with Adrian Belew as a wet nurse.

I recommend all of her albums. Her music videos are innovative, too. She's done some interviews that can be found on YouTube; she's interesting, fun, and very creative.

I also recommend the EBMM St. Vincent guitar. Feels great to play. She mixed the "St. Vincent Blue" color herself for the first release. And although I already have 14 guitars, I'd like to have the St. Vincent in black.

I know I'm late to the party, but St. Vincent is amazing....-01-copy-jpgI know I'm late to the party, but St. Vincent is amazing....-02-copy-jpgI know I'm late to the party, but St. Vincent is amazing....-03-copy-jpgI know I'm late to the party, but St. Vincent is amazing....-04-copy-jpgI know I'm late to the party, but St. Vincent is amazing....-05-copy-jpg

Sadly guys, I must admit that I'm yet to find the way to fully appreciate her music.

That aside, I think it is just fantastic that MM chose her.

At first she is a lady and that's much too rare in the "signature business".

Then, she seems too have been deeply involved in the design and making of her model. MM and her released a formidable and original instrument that truly reflects her music and personality.

Ps
    With all due respect, I'll add that she's way more attractive than John, Albert, Luke and Steve...
    (You still remain my heroes, gentlemen!)
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 07-30-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL MM90
    Sparkle Turquoise

I dunno man, I think Albert is definitely the best looking. If I can look as good at his age, then I'm winning

I've been listening to her for a while, I listen to a lot of alternative music and they play her stuff. She is talented and knowing she was playing the AL HH before getting her own guitar didn't surprise me at all.

Glenn |B)
    1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    3. Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/01]
    4. Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/11] BFR

Sure, her music isn't for everybody, but either is Dream Theater or Steve Morse guitar instrumentals. To each his/her own. I instantly dug it, but I also love music that 20 years ago I couldn't have fathomed listening to. My tastes have changed in huge ways and I think for the better.

My music on iTunes, CDBaby and Amazon

Happily Own

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)

Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)

I was just thinking that Annie is actually the only EBMM signature artist that I haven't gotten to meet. She's apparently quite personable despite the sort of inaccessible artsy image that has been cultivated for her. Sterling and her have apparently really hit it off over BBQ.
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Albert Lee MM90 piezo "Silver Surfer"
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow natural flame piezo
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H
    White Cutlass Bass roasted neck

I enjoyed some of her earlier stuff when she was still Annie Clark....
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!