Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Steve Morse 30th Anniversary New Model

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Yeah, it's a wild top and it has an appropriately figured neck to go with it. I need one of these.

Full-size link https://dubaldomusic.com/wp-content/...DSC1497-sq.jpg

Thumbnail
    I keep quoting your posts because we can't have enough pictures of this guitar with the major suckage top .

This guitar reminds me of Nigel Tufnel in Spinal Tap showing off his guitars (an LP specifically) and after describing the sustain (hilarious) telling the guy "don't touch it". And then the guy says "I'm just looking at it" and Nigel says...."don't even look at it". LOL.
    LUKE 1 Pearl Red S/N 95987 DOB 5-10-95
    SBMM JV60 S/N SG34682 w/flame roasted maple neck/DuBaldo's split HB polished frets; DiMarzio PAF 36th Bridge pup neck; DiMarzio AT-1 bridge; Graphtec saddles; Schaller locking tuners

Vox VT20+
    Zoom G3X
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

Wow, great pictures, Pete. What a fantastic guitar, Kevin.

2015 Luke III - BFR - Blackburst
    2014 Luke - BFR - Koa
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR (Pinkbert) with Sustainiac and Gravity Storm
    2013 Luke III - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky) with pink video game button killswitch
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless

Wow! That is perfect! I may have missed this, but does it have a 3-way or 5-way switch?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Yeah, it's a wild top and it has an appropriately figured neck to go with it. I need one of these.

Full-size link https://dubaldomusic.com/wp-content/...DSC1497-sq.jpg

Thumbnail
    Outstanding and I'd be interested if I had any $$, but that's way out of my league price wise.

Glenn |B)
    1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    3. Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/01]
    4. Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/11] BFR

Oh boy - oh boy - oh boy!

The only bad part is Iím gigging in Dallas this weekend and am already there - while the guitar is currently en route from Pete to me and will arrive at my office tomorrow, when Iím gone...

Just a couple more days of holding my breath until I get to touch it!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

Quote Originally Posted by kestrou View Post
    Oh boy - oh boy - oh boy!

The only bad part is Iím gigging in Dallas this weekend and am already there - while the guitar is currently en route from Pete to me and will arrive at my office tomorrow, when Iím gone...

Just a couple more days of holding my breath until I get to touch it!

Kevin
    What's the office address again????????

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Glenn |B)
    1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    3. Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/01]
    4. Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/11] BFR

Morse 30th Ann Pickups and Switching

Hey folks - sorry if this has been covered elsewhere... I'm still trying to hunt down specs on the pickups and switching on the new 30th Ann HH Morse model that I just got. I also have a Darklord, so I'm curious how they compare to the standard DiMarzio Morse PUs.

I could just pull the cover plate off and start poking around with a multimeter, but I'd prefer to get the "official" specs somehow. Can't seem to find them on the interwebs.

Thanks!

The Happy Couple

Oh, and here's a photo of the happy couple to accompany my request for info on the blue one. Steve Morse 30th Anniversary New Model-morsessm-jpg

Wow! Congrats John!

Hey- what can you tell us about the switching?

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Wow! Congrats John!

Hey- what can you tell us about the switching?
    That was the topic of my original post (which seems to have gone missing - must have done something wrong when posting). I'm trying to get specs on the new Music Man HH pickups and the switching. It's a 3 way switch and it *seems* like it's a straight up Neck/Both/Bridge configuration, but I can't find any detailed info on either the pickups or the switching beyond the standard EBMM promo stuff when the model was announced about it having 500K pots etc.

I'm temped to take the back cover off and poke around with a multimeter, but I'd rather get the official story from the EBMM folks (or anyone else who knows the answer). A standard 3-way LP type wiring seems WAY too simple for a Morse .
    Last edited by JohnS; 10-15-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Sorry John, it was moderated, requiring intervention (since you're a new poster). Just let it through.

Interesting- 3 way. Ok. Well since the official 30th is still in the tweaking stage, it makes sense that they'd forgo the combinations with the single coil configuration.

Steve Morse 30th Anniversary New Model-morsehhguts-jpg
    There you have it folks. About as simple as could be. 3-way switch, volume pot, tone pot. End of story. I keep looking for the rest of it but it's not there.

So, I know the version that Steve was playing had some kind of pre-amp in it, only because he told me. Couldn't tell you if it was a 3 way or a 5 way in his prototype.

He did say that they were still working on it so that may not be the final configuration.
    Last edited by BUC; 10-15-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    "Do you want me to start this song too slow or too fast?"

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6, Steve Morse, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    4 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Yamaha S90XS, Hammond XK-3c

5-way in the prototype with some cool stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    5-way in the prototype with some cool stuff going on.
    If you can share (and didn't sign an NDA) please do. Even if it's not final and just a working prototype, I'd love to know what Steve is using as far as switching/pickups/preamp.