Everlast

Thread: Loose wire in AL SSS

User Info Menu

Loose wire in AL SSS

I changed pick guards on my 2004 MM AL SSS. In the process I noticed a yellow wire coming off if the silent circuit that does not appear connected to anything. However, it looks as though it is supposed to be (tip of it looks like it was once soldered to something). If you can instruct me on where/what this needs to be soldered to, that'd be great!

Thank you.

Loose wire in AL SSS-mm-al-yellow-wire-2-jpgLoose wire in AL SSS-mm-al-yellow-wire-1-jpg

User Info Menu

The yellow wire will turn off the Silent Circuit when grounded. You don't really need it at all, since it cancels itself out in the in-between positions.

So you can either wire it to a terminal on the other side of the switch (which isn't connected to anything else), or just put a little piece of insulated tape over it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    The yellow wire will turn off the Silent Circuit when grounded. You don't really need it at all, since it cancels itself out in the in-between positions.

So you can either wire it to a terminal on the other side of the switch (which isn't connected to anything else), or just put a little piece of insulated tape over it.
    thank you!!!