Flat Ribbon
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Show me your Silo!

User Info Menu

I love orange on the Silos and ALs. Looks great!
    2008 LE Silhouette Special SSS
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo

User Info Menu

Another shot of the 2020 July BFR, Silo!!!!

Introducing Mr. Bling for 2020.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

1989 Silo with Burns Trisonic Pickups

Hello everyone,
    here is my self-made Brian May Silo hack.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show me your Silo!-img_5080-jpg   Show me your Silo!-img_5081-jpg  

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Hello everyone,
    here is my self-made Brian May Silo hack.
    Welcome, funky. So, what do the switches do?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Welcome, funky. So, what do the switches do?

Glenn |B)
    Hello Glenn,

those are three-way switches. On, Off and On out of phase.

Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show me your Silo!-widi_rs_01-bg-gif  

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Hello Glenn,

those are three-way switches. On, Off and On out of phase.

Andy
    Nice Andy thanx.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Sweetwater Pacific Blue Sparkle Exclusive run :O

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Sweetwater Pacific Blue Sparkle Exclusive run :O

Glenn |B)
    Beautiful Silo!
    G.A.S. = Git A Sound

User Info Menu

2013 Silo Special and 1994 Silo Hardtail:

G.A.S. = Git A Sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitapik View Post
    2013 Silo Special and 1994 Silo Hardtail:

Very nice! Diggin the '94. 1 of the 2 made for Joe Walsh?
    1959 Gibson Melody Maker
    Vintage Sunburst
    1986 MIJ Squier Tele Blonde
    1994 PRS McCarty Tortoise Shell
    2016 EBMM Cutlass Black
    2018 Warmoth Tele Purple Quilt/Ash Rosewood Neck Ebony Board

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SilosRock View Post
    Very nice! Diggin the '94. 1 of the 2 made for Joe Walsh?
    Yep. DJ turned me on to it. Wonderful guitar. I had some plates made for an SSS and HSH setup, but these Barden “Danny Gatton” pickups are excellent. The lack of a metal plate for the bridge pickup to sit on tones down the Tele vibe a little...but it’s there all the same and really does sound excellent. Unique to the guitar.
    The Special is just that. Took out the Silent circuit and put in Areas and a Tyler Secret humbucker. Standard Strat switch and setup. I love that guitar.
    Last edited by gitapik; 09-24-2020 at 06:46 AM.
    G.A.S. = Git A Sound

User Info Menu

Yep. DJ turned me on to it. Wonderful guitar. I had some plates made for an SSS and HSH setup, but these Barden “Danny Gatton” pickups are excellent. The lack of a metal plate for the bridge pickup to sit on tones down the Tele vibe a little...but it’s there all the same and really does sound excellent.
    That's awesome! Those Barden pups are special.

I've been on a Tele kick lately. Recently sold my '91 that I was converting to a Tele-style setup but G.A.S got the best of me...off it went. I told myself I'd never part ways with her but im sure you know how that goes. Enjoy my friend!
    1959 Gibson Melody Maker
    Vintage Sunburst
    2016 EBMM Cutlass Black

User Info Menu

That's awesome! Those Barden pups are special.

I've been on a Tele kick lately. Recently sold my '91 that I was converting to a Tele-style setup but G.A.S got the best of me...off it went. I told myself I'd never part ways with her but im sure you know how that goes. Enjoy my friend!
    I know exactly how that goes. My longtime goto 57 AVRI Strat sat in its case for years after I bought the Silo Special. I sold it to a dad who gave it to his son as a graduation present. Son was elated. Sent me a video of himself playing it. Very cool.

Id love a nice Tele. Heard someone playing one through a Whammy pedal. Blew me away.
    G.A.S. = Git A Sound

User Info Menu

I know exactly how that goes. My longtime goto ‘57 AVRI Strat sat in its case for years after I bought the Silo Special. I sold it to a dad who gave it to his son as a graduation present. Son was elated. Sent me a video of himself playing it. Very cool.

I’d love a nice Tele. Heard someone playing one through a Whammy pedal. Blew me away.
    Once you hold an EBMM in your hands, we're all done for haha. Will always have one or more in the stable.

I love hearing stories like that... There's something satisfying knowing the guitfiddle you once cherished, gets in the right hands and continues to inspire.
    1959 Gibson Melody Maker
    Vintage Sunburst
    2016 EBMM Cutlass Black

User Info Menu

Once you hold an EBMM in your hands, we're all done for haha. Will always have one or more in the stable.

I love hearing stories like that... There's something satisfying knowing the guitfiddle you once cherished, gets in the right hands and continues to inspire.
    I love the compact body/neck/headstock designs of the EBMM guitars.

Yeah...I'm not one for mothballing things that could be seriously enjoyed.

Curious: how did you know the Silo was one of the two builds for Walsh? My past post...? Reverb?
    G.A.S. = Git A Sound