Straps 2020
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Show me your Silo!

User Info Menu

As promised a few weeks back, here are a few glamour shots of my July '20 BFR... a real honest to goodness masterpiece of sparkling beauty! .

Note: I have no idea why this site alters the orientation of some images and not others, a couple of these are rotated 90 degrees, which is not how they were taken etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show me your Silo!-image0-jpg   Show me your Silo!-image1-jpg   Show me your Silo!-image2-jpg   Show me your Silo!-image3-jpg   Show me your Silo!-image4-jpg  

Albert Lee HH
    Silhouette BFR July '20
    Cutlass SSS
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP

User Info Menu

Nice, very nice, thanx for sharing.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Very coool!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobyte View Post
    As promised a few weeks back, here are a few glamour shots of my July '20 BFR... a real honest to goodness masterpiece of sparkling beauty! .

Note: I have no idea why this site alters the orientation of some images and not others, a couple of these are rotated 90 degrees, which is not how they were taken etc.
    Beautiful. What are the pickups?
    G.A.S. = Git A Sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitapik View Post
    Beautiful. What are the pickups?
    Thanks folks, it hard to not look at all the time! lol

For pickups it's got a Super Distortion in the bridge, The Chopper in the middle and a Super 2 in the neck... all classic DiMarzios. It's basically an HHH. Switching is different as well, positions 1-3 are neck, middle, bridge and 4-5 are all 3 pickups in series and bridge/neck in series. It's kind of a sparkly beast!

Albert Lee HH
    Silhouette BFR July '20
    Cutlass SSS
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP

User Info Menu

My Albert Lee Black Sugar has the dark and I need to state that I like that especially too. This would be a decent choice, however, they've been making it part of the BFR's lately, to a great extent. Everything we can do it trust it'll be offered once more.

User Info Menu

Thanks folks, it hard to not look at all the time! lol

For pickups it's got a Super Distortion in the bridge, The Chopper in the middle and a Super 2 in the neck... all classic DiMarzios. It's basically an HHH. Switching is different as well, positions 1-3 are neck, middle, bridge and 4-5 are all 3 pickups in series and bridge/neck in series. It's kind of a sparkly beast!
    Powerful beast!
    G.A.S. = Git A Sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitapik View Post
    Powerful beast!
    Exactly, I've already recorded some parts for a friends album with it and the result has been pretty gritty!

Must say going back through the thread a bit, I'm i tiny bit jealous of your '94 silo, being a fan of JW myself (I've had the Barnstorm album on in rotation this year, just a feel good album in not so feel good times) that would be pretty nifty to have in the arsenal... and very cool looking obviously!
    Last edited by Cenobyte; 09-25-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Albert Lee HH
    Silhouette BFR July '20
    Cutlass SSS
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP

User Info Menu

Exactly, I've already recorded some parts for a friends album with it and the result has been pretty gritty!

Must say going back through the thread a bit, I'm i tiny bit jealous of your '94 silo, being a fan of JW myself (I've had the Barnstorm album on in rotation this year, just a feel good album in not so feel good times) that would be pretty nifty to have in the arsenal... and very cool looking obviously!
    Thanks. It’s a beautiful guitar in every way.

I mentioned that I’d had a couple of pickguards made for swapping out, when I bought it. I had a power setup similar to yours in mind, for the HSH guard.

But this Tele setup is unique and sounds so good...I just haven’t messed with it. So I go to papa LP when I want to tear down some skyscrapers.
    G.A.S. = Git A Sound

User Info Menu

My Albert Lee Black Sugar has the midnight and I need to state that I like that particularly too. This would be a pleasant choice, however they've been making it part of the BFR's as of late, to a great extent. Everything we can do it trust it'll be offered once more.

User Info Menu

Show me your Silo!-mminfull-jpgShow me your Silo!-mmbody-jpgShow me your Silo!-mmhead-jpgShow me your Silo!-mmneck-jpgShow me your Silo!-mmbackside-jpg

Meet Rose guys... I've had her since around 2011. She was on the floor, in her case, being looked over. Plugged her in and was amazed by the sounds. I don't know how a brand new Music Man Silhouette Special anniversary got there, 4 years after being made. But you won't hear me complaining. I used to gig her, but now I wish I made her my casequeen. The serial is G34567. Can anyone tell me more about the model, were there many made? Cheers, lots of sweet pictures in this thread...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pmusicman View Post
    Show me your Silo!-mminfull-jpgShow me your Silo!-mmbody-jpgShow me your Silo!-mmhead-jpgShow me your Silo!-mmneck-jpgShow me your Silo!-mmbackside-jpg

Meet Rose guys... I've had her since around 2011. She was on the floor, in her case, being looked over. Plugged her in and was amazed by the sounds. I don't know how a brand new Music Man Silhouette Special anniversary got there, 4 years after being made. But you won't hear me complaining. I used to gig her, but now I wish I made her my casequeen. The serial is G34567. Can anyone tell me more about the model, were there many made? Cheers, lots of sweet pictures in this thread...
    Welcome and congrats, those are one of BP's favorites!!!
    You can get info from there with your serial number:

Serial Number Database | Ernie Ball Music Man

Serial # G34567
    Manufactured January 26th, 2007
    Build Code 560-80-21-00-TG-CR
    Model 20th Anniversary Silhouette Tremolo

Ernie Ball/Music Man 20th Anniversary Silhouette | Guitar World

Hope that helps. Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Thanks Glenn, found out some new specs, absolutely beautiful. Watching the BP Music Man experience video now... How awesome the place where these are made. Music Man guitars are truly something special. I share the ''room full of guitars, no money''. Worth it!

Regards,

Pete

User Info Menu

Silo BFR Video, sounds awesome!!!

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Glenn |B)