Strap Blocks
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Show me your Silo!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nice pair of Silo's Axis Sport!!!! Was that second one an original Silo Special?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Hi Glenn, yes the red one is an early version of the special.

User Info Menu

Figured by the old bridge design, looks pretty funky though, nice job!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

One of the most beautiful 20th I've ever seen.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Natural is very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sport View Post

User Info Menu

2006, Egyptian Smoke HSH. Non-stock pups (DP201 Al DeMeola - neck/FS-1 - mid/DP-200 Steve Morse - bridge). Graphtech saddles (to be replaced with Highwood Vintage). Says, and looks to be in excellent condition (posted 15 HD photos). should be here by Sat. Also just received a Sterling Silo3 SUB in very good condition with Hipshot locking tuners and a Fender gig bag for $200. Will dissect it tomorrow to determine what upgrades to make.Show me your Silo!-2006-silo_2-jpg
    2005 EBMM Axis Super Sport Rosewood/Rosewood Hardtail
    2006 EBMM Silhouette - Egyptian Smoke - HSH - Maple/RW - FOR SALE
    2017 EBMM Silhouette - White HSH - Maple/RW neck

2019 SbMM Albert Lee - Trans Walnut - HSH Mod - ever changing
    2017 SbMM LK100D LUKE - Black Metallic - Stock - Dimarzio Transition pups
    2019 SbMM Axis - Black - Dimarzio Air Norton/AT-1 pickups
    2015 SbMM Silo3 SUB - Black/Maple HSS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kingdoublecut View Post
    2006, Egyptian Smoke HSH. Non-stock pups (DP201 Al DeMeola - neck/FS-1 - mid/DP-200 Steve Morse - bridge). Graphtech saddles (to be replaced with Highwood Vintage). Says, and looks to be in excellent condition (posted 15 HD photos). should be here by Sat. Also just received a Sterling Silo3 SUB in very good condition with Hipshot locking tuners and a Fender gig bag for $200. Will dissect it tomorrow to determine what upgrades to make.
    Show me your Silo!-2006-silo_2-jpg
    Congrats, Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Show me your Silo!-b945961c-2262-4610-998f-5ef3b8b47bce-jpg

My old Autumn Red Burst Silo Special. Why did I sell it?

Autumn Burst iCloud Link
    Last edited by brion; 11-13-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    2001 Silhouette Special HSS Blue Pearl

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brion View Post

Show me your Silo!-b945961c-2262-4610-998f-5ef3b8b47bce-jpg

My old Autumn Red Burst Silo Special. Why did I sell it?
    We all do silly things sometimes. Sorry man just keep an eye out, or try contact whomever you sold it to, see if they are still happy with it, you never know.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Glenn,
    Thanks for the inspiration. I just came back into the fold with a 2001 SS in Blue Pearl and rosewood board, I’m loving it, but need to take some pics for this thread. Now I’m Gassing for an AL SSS Trem...it never ends.

User Info Menu

Glenn,
    Thanks for the inspiration. I just came back into the fold with a 2001 SS in Blue Pearl and rosewood board, I’m loving it, but need to take some pics for this thread. Now I’m Gassing for an AL SSS Trem...it never ends.
    NP can't wait to see it!!! Yah the AL in my opinion is a must have. I love both the Silo Specials and the AL's, though I'd recommend the MM90's if you can score one, my favorite pickups by far.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Glenn,
    I asked in the AL Picture thread for a comparison between the Silo and AL neck profiles, but haven’t had any feed back yet. I played a couple of ALs at a GC many years ago, but just cannot recall much except they were bigger than the Luke that I tried at the same time. I also recall the sales dude remarked how small the AL looked on my 6'4” profile LOL. Can you shed any light on the neck profile as compared to the Silo?

As far as the MM90 AL, I have a love hate relationship with P90 pickups. I have had several P90 equipped guitars, currently have a PRS soap bar and a Hamer Newport that has Phat Cat Pickups (P90 in a Humbucker size). I dig the Newport, but it has a lot going on as a hollow body carved from a block of mahogany with a spruce top and a Bigsby in a groovy orange sparkle finish. It is a keeper. The PRS will eventually go bye bye. I would definitely have to put an MM90 AL through its paces before I committed to buy one, but I’d be very comfortable buying an SSS model sight unseen...
    Thank you,
    Brion
    Last edited by brion; 11-14-2020 at 05:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Glenn,
    I asked in the AL Picture thread for a comparison between the Silo and AL neck profiles, but haven’t had any feed back yet. I played a couple of ALs at a GC many years ago, but just cannot recall much except they were bigger than the Luke that I tried at the same time. I also recall the sales dude remarked how small the AL looked on my 6'4” profile LOL. Can you shed any light on the neck profile as compared to the Silo?

As far as the MM90 AL, I have a love hate relationship with P90 pickups. I have had several P90 equipped guitars, currently have a PRS soap bar and a Hamer Newport that has Phat Cat Pickups (P90 in a Humbucker size). I dig the Newport, but it has a lot going on as a hollow body carved from a block of mahogany with a spruce top and a Bigsby in a groovy orange sparkle finish. It is a keeper. The PRS will eventually go bye bye. I would definitely have to put an MM90 AL through its paces before I committed to buy one, but I’d be very comfortable buying an SSS model sight unseen...
    Thank you,
    Brion
    Hey Brion, I'd love too give you a comparison, but to me there isn't much difference, I'm a pretty bad (can barely play) player. I wish I could be of more help, I'm sure there are others here who might be able to help you out.

I hear you on the P90's (MM90's) you either love them or hate them from what I hear, I myself love em, but that's me. The SSS model is the model that AL himself seems to play the most, so it's gotta be good.

Good luck, Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 11-14-2020 at 07:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you Glenn. I’m thinking that the neck profile is similar as Al did play a silhouette before the AL model was conceived. I just sold an amp so I’m closer to grabbing an AL. Once the amp makes it to its new home I’ll pursue an AL, I have my eye on one.