Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Valentine mods, Here`s mine.....

Any Valentine mods, Here`s mine.....-4145d40e-50dd-4900-83e1-4bf8e2fa84a2-jpg

Iíve been playing with the idea of getting it refinished in Sonic Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercharlie View Post

Is that a standard transparent ash body? Looks pretty cool and different to me.

Wow, that looks nice like that, what finish is it, or is it stripped?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVV View Post
    Wow, that looks nice like that, what finish is it, or is it stripped?
    Standard satin finish. The only changes are the knobs, and removing the pickguard.

Wow!!! With grain like that I would leave it. If you do decide to get it finished it would be a crime to hide that very cool grain. Make it a trans finish if anything so the grain is visible. Just my .02.
    EBMM JP15 BFR Blueberry Burst S/N G58375
    SBMM JV60 S/N SG34682 w/flame roasted maple neck/DuBaldo's split HB polished frets; DiMarzio PAF 36th Bridge pup neck; DiMarzio AT-1 bridge; Graphtec saddles; Schaller locking tuners

Vox VT20+
    Zoom G3X
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

I need to post some pics of mine. I just put a set of Railhammer Humcutters in my JV60. Sounds great! Iím also contemplating changing the paint color to Pelham Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyEVH5150 View Post
    I need to post some pics of mine. I just put a set of Railhammer Humcutters in my JV60. Sounds great! I’m also contemplating changing the paint color to Pelham Blue.
    How do the Railhammers compare? I have no interest in changing my pickups, but I’m interested to hear why you prefer them.
    Last edited by mistercharlie; 10-19-2017 at 01:36 PM.

How do the Railhammers compare? I have no interested in changing my pickups, but I’m interested to hear why you prefer them.
    I didn’t get along with the stock “tele” pickup. I wanted to bridge the gap between tele spank and humbucker growl. I took a chance in the Railhammers, and I am well pleased.

These have great response. They are very dynamic. They are very adaptive pickups. I can clean them up and get tele style tones. They respond well to volume and tone adjustments. They take gain well. Honestly, they take the Valentine design, meant to adapt to multiple styles easily, and opens it up. The guitar tech that installed them told me he was insanely jealous of me for putting those pickups in that guitar. He wants a set now.

I’d recommend the humcutters to anyone, especially if you want tele, P90 and humbuckers in one bundle.

Last edited by TonyEVH5150; 10-18-2017 at 08:04 PM.

I have always wanted to try Railhammers. I'm wondering how the stock bridge pickup would work in the neck position?

I never really loved the tortoise pick guard on my trans maroon Valentine, so I had a new one made and swapped out the switch tip. The new one is cream, with a cream switch tip, and it suits me much better this way, while having a classic look to my eye.

Any Valentine mods, Here`s mine.....-img_2132_sm-jpg
    ---------------
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH Starry Night (DOB 12/29/2016)
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon (DOB 11/29/2016)
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo (DOB 9/11/2014)
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo (DOB 5/22/2012)
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo (DOB 11/7/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    I never really loved the tortoise pick guard on my trans maroon Valentine, so I had a new one made and swapped out the switch tip. The new one is cream, with a cream switch tip, and it suits me much better this way, while having a classic look to my eye.

Any Valentine mods, Here`s mine.....-img_2132_sm-jpg
    Looks awesome! Good taste.

That looks fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by TonyEVH5150 View Post
    I didnít get along with the stock ďteleĒ pickup. I wanted to bridge the gap between tele spank and humbucker growl. I took a chance in the Railhammers, and I am well pleased.

These have great response. They are very dynamic. They are very adaptive pickups. I can clean them up and get tele style tones. They respond well to volume and tone adjustments. They take gain well. Honestly, they take the Valentine design, meant to adapt to multiple styles easily, and opens it up. The guitar tech that installed them told me he was insanely jealous of me for putting those pickups in that guitar. He wants a set now.

Iíd recommend the humcutters to anyone, especially if you want tele, P90 and humbuckers in one bundle.
    Excellent response, Tony.

2015 Luke III - BFR - Blackburst
    2014 Luke - BFR - Koa
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR (Pinkbert) with Sustainiac and Gravity Storm
    2013 Luke III - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky) with pink video game button killswitch
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless