Mariposa Green

Thread: Roasted maple

User Info Menu

Roasted maple

What are you guys/gals using to clean your roasted maple necks a boards with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Either:

1. EBMM Wonder wipes fret board conditioner for both the neck and fret board - then I use the Birchwood-Casey Gunstock Oil and BC Gunstock Wax on the neck (not fret board)

2. Murphy's Oil soap in a spray bottle for both neck and fret board (especially if the fret board is especially dirty)with paper towels for cleaning. Then the Birchwood-Casey as in #1 above.

Both methods work fine. Some also do #1 without the oil and wax step and just use wonder wipes.
    EBMM BFR Morse Dark Lord Tahitian Blue w/SD Pearly Gates pups S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    EBMM AL HT Trans Walnut Rosewood Neck S/N G77991 DOB 9/16/16
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

I one of mine just a few days ago. I typically use either the EBMM Wonder Wipes on the fretboard or Music Nomad F1 oil, depending on how dry it may be.

The back of the neck gets an occasional treatment with 0000 steel wool, then the BC gunstock oil, followed by a quick wax.

This roasted neck has "pop"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roasted maple-pjd-bfr-neck-jpg  
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

I used Dunlop lemon oil after I emailed CS.

They said "For the fretboard we recommend using our Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes Fretboard Conditioner. You can use any high grade lemon oil on the back of the neck and the fretboard though."
    JP15 Quilt Sahara Burst #G59089 (Built 02 Nov 15')
    JPX BFR Quilt Trans Black #G53644 (Built 01 July 11')

Progressive Metal Band: Metanoia
    www.facebook.com/wearemetanoiaband
    www.instagram.com/wearemetanoia/

User Info Menu

Thanks guys I appreciate the help!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    I one of mine just a few days ago. I typically use either the EBMM Wonder Wipes on the fretboard or Music Nomad F1 oil, depending on how dry it may be.

The back of the neck gets an occasional treatment with 0000 steel wool, then the BC gunstock oil, followed by a quick wax.

This roasted neck has "pop"
    Thats jus ..... sexy!