Music Man Modern Classics
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaw-dropping Tahitian Quilt Morse

User Info Menu

Are these Dimarzios? I thought these were MM pickups. Which might explain the lack of wires where the coils connect.

Best bet is to contact MM directly. This isn't a standard model, and there's not a lot of info out there about it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Are these Dimarzios? I thought these were MM pickups. Which might explain the lack of wires where the coils connect.

Best bet is to contact MM directly. This isn't a standard model, and there's not a lot of info out there about it.
    Here's the description from Pete's website:

This Steve Morse model features an HH pickup configuration with newly designed Music Man humbuckers & 250k pots, a larger profile roasted maple neck with an ultra-light satin poly finish, rosewood fretboard with stainless steel frets, and a reverse headstock. The body is gloss African mahogany with upgraded quilt maple top in Tahitian Blue finish. Limited to 69 pieces worldwide, these guitars include an autographed backplate and a numbered certificate of authenticity.

What a stunning beauty!
    Congrats to the future owner!
    Last edited by guertzi; 10-27-2017 at 01:49 AM.

EBMM L III Starry Night - DOB: Dec 16, 2016
    Tommy's Special Guitars Strat, custom made
    Line 6 Helix LT
    Headrush FRFR- 108 Active Monitor
    Boss Katana 100 1x 12" Combo
    Line6 Relay G30 Wireless Guitar System
    Ernie Ball RPS Super Slinky Strings 0.09- 0.42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guertzi View Post
    Here's the description from Pete's website:

This Steve Morse model features an HH pickup configuration with newly designed Music Man humbuckers & 500k pots, a larger profile roasted maple neck with an ultra-light satin poly finish, rosewood fretboard with stainless steel frets, and a reverse headstock. The body is gloss African mahogany with upgraded quilt maple top in Tahitian Blue finish. Limited to 69 pieces worldwide, these guitars include an autographed backplate and a numbered certificate of authenticity.

What a stunning beauty!
    Congrats to the future owner!
    guertzi - thanks for the copy/paste above!

I was originally a little scared when I saw that it had an "ultra-light satin-poly finish" on the neck - but it bears a STRONG resemblance to oil/wax because it's so thin. I think they just waved the closed can of poly over the neck and called it good - which is what I wanted!

Yup - african mahogany body - WHOO HOO!!!!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guertzi View Post
    Limited to 69 pieces worldwide,
    69 ????

Why 69 ? It is a strange choice. Or peharps 69 means something

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fbecir View Post
    69 ????

There were 70 of the first run Dark Lords - maybe they started with that number and a bug got in the finish of one?

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

69 ????

It means that dealers (worldwide) ordered a combined total of 69 pieces for this BFR Morse, just like there were 74 of the Fuchsia Sparkle Majesty models ordered. In this series of BFR instruments offered at NAMM 2017 Ernie Ball is only building the quantity that get ordered (unlike some of the other runs promoted as a certain number of pieces, such as the NOMAC guitar)
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

69 ????

My understanding is that all the BFRs in the current series were made in the quantity that was ordered during the limited order window (which was during winter NAMM), so that just means that eligible dealers ordered that many of that model. Iím sure Pete will clarify if thatís incorrect, but I think thatís the case.
    ---------------
    2018 Valentine in Three-tone Burst
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

WillyD is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Hey guys,

The pickups in the Morse BFR HH are Dimarzio and the Pots are 250k. We tried a couple of different versions before going with this configuration.

Sorry for any confusion.
    "he played like he was in jail- behind a few bars & couldn't find the key"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillyD View Post
    Hey guys,

The pickups in the Morse BFR HH are Dimarzio and the Pots are 250k. We tried a couple of different versions before going with this configuration.

Sorry for any confusion.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

- I have adjusted the specs listed for our inventory to match
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillyD View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry for any confusion.
    Hi

Thanks for the confirmation

Can you tell us more about the pickups ? Are they 4 conductors (for coil splitting) ? And from a specs and tonal perspective how to they differ from the regular DM Morse model ?

Many thanks in advance for your answer

User Info Menu

Thats Beautiful Pete !!!!! wow
    JP15 in Sahara Burst DOB 10/May/2016
    JPXI in Onyx Black DOB 30/October/2013
    JP7 2007LE in Blue Dawn DOB 03/July/2007
    JP6 in Lava Pearl DOB 06/October/2009
    Silhouette in Blue Pearl DOB 05/April/2011
    JP7 in Red Pearl Burst DOB 12/August/2003
    BFR JP6 in Trans Black DOB 05/May/2011

www.youtube.com/dhalif

User Info Menu

Here are some silent vids of these (trying out a new camera & a new youtube channel). If they come out well enough we will do as many vids as we can!
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

Evidently you can only put one video per reply, so here's the second Morse BFR video

Visit the all new

User Info Menu

I really like these.

User Info Menu

After buying a Steve Morse blue / purple "quilt" Y2D (with a Floyd Rose) at the London International Guitar Show on Sunday last, I had a look at the EBMM website and spotted this Steve Morse Tahitian Blue and almost had an instant wardrobe malfunction Even my wife commented on how gorgeous it is and she has zero interest in guitars.

I've started guitar lessons recently after 40+ years of being able to do little more than strum a few chords and I'm building up a bit of a guitar collection. The MM Steve Morse I bought is beautiful - I've always wanted one since seeing Steve Morse use one in the time he's played with Deep Purple and Flying Colors. I've no idea how the Tahitian Blue will play but it's the most stunning guitar finish I've ever seen. IMO, whoever designed it deserves a medal for services to guitar aesthetics....