Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal

Thread: NGD - JP15 - 7: guess she's a keeper

User Info Menu

NGD - JP15 - 7: guess she's a keeper

Finally got o spend some quality tome today with my new JP15-7. It's top quality as expected. The neck gave me some trouble first and I'd been on the fence given that it's very much on the thin side (I deleted my initial thread abut this).

I made some adjustments and the strings are actually quite a bit lower now. Made it feel much better already. Plugged it n for the first time tonight and it sounds really nice. Very balanced, levels and overall tone should play nicely together with my other guitars. Impressed by the piezo. Will check that in a few days over a PA. Also really impressed with the trem system - certainly can keep up with my Floyd Rose equipped stuff. Not sure yet if I'll go the tremor-no route or something else that would allow dropped tunings on the fly.

I dialed back the boost to only a very minor increase in gain. Not a fan of that feature still. I tried the guitar also without battery and it's silent. I wonder if there is a simple way to bypass this?

Lesson learned about string gauges: D'Addario doesn't have a 10-56 set - and the 10-59 set I had doesn't fit! At least I wasn't able to get the 59er B string through the Schaller locking tuner...

Loosening the trim arm a bit helped with better access to the controls. I'm getting used to the pickup selector switch and it's not as much in the way as I had thought it might. The volume control is in a weird spot still for me and the knob feels too small somehow still.

Put on a set of Schaller strap locks - worked well with the longer screws. Rock solid. Waiting for a Levy strap to come in the mail that looked as if it might work well with this. I debated DiMarzio clips since I used them other guitars but saw the concerns that many folks here have about the tight case and how that can ding things up. Certainly has happened on another guitar I have. Might be just right with the weight distribution also - though given that it is a 7-string mahogany body instrument, it's not heavy at all. Comes in at just around 8lb.

Ok, time to go to sleep and put her away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NGD - JP15 - 7: guess she's a keeper-img_3243-jpg   NGD - JP15 - 7: guess she's a keeper-img_3244-jpg  

User Info Menu

Ive got a tremolo-no on order for my 15-7 for the same reason. That guitar is a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Having a blast with the new JP. Did my first attempts at recording a few bits and pieces tonight. Oh, and the green Levy strap came today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NGD - JP15 - 7: guess she's a keeper-59fe3e88-4967-466b-be7e-6180f46e55a9-jpg  

User Info Menu

So pretty!!!
    JP15 in Sahara Burst DOB 10/May/2016
    JPXI in Onyx Black DOB 30/October/2013
    JP7 2007LE in Blue Dawn DOB 03/July/2007
    JP6 in Lava Pearl DOB 06/October/2009
    Silhouette in Blue Pearl DOB 05/April/2011
    JP7 in Red Pearl Burst DOB 12/August/2003
    BFR JP6 in Trans Black DOB 05/May/2011

www.youtube.com/dhalif

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7enderbender View Post
    Having a blast with the new JP. Did my first attempts at recording a few bits and pieces tonight. Oh, and the green Levy strap came today.
    Emerald Dragaon!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

Despite my initial reluctance regarding the neck shape my latest problem now is that I want to add the 6-string version of this to the stable. Have people seen the blue JP15s? GAS can't be cured I guess.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7enderbender View Post
    Lesson learned about string gauges: D'Addario doesn't have a 10-56 set - and the 10-59 set I had doesn't fit! At least I wasn't able to get the 59er B string through the Schaller locking tuner...
    That's odd, I use their 10-59 and didn't have any problem on my BFR.
    '05 JP6 Desert Gold matching headstock, inlays, piezo
    '06 Silhouette 20th Anniversary (trem, rosewood)
    '06 Bongo Stealth 4HH
    '14 JP7 BFR Rosewood trans black quilt