BFR June

Thread: JP7 bridge pickup's hotbar

User Info Menu

JP7 bridge pickup's hotbar

I met a JP7 in guitar shop and find it was made in 2008. What's strange is the hotbar of bridge pickup is close to bridge rather than neck. Is there any special specification? Or it was modified by its previous owner.
    Thanks in advance

User Info Menu

If that is an original D-sonic pickup in the bridge then it should be oriented with the bar closer to the bridge on a 7 string - this is what DiMarzio recommends for lower tunings (like a 7-string low B)

JP preferred the sound of the D-sonic with the bar towards the neck on the 6-string model which is why they are oriented in a different fashion.

On the newer Crunch Lab pickup both the 6 and 7 string have the bar in the same orientation, towards the neck.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    If that is an original D-sonic pickup in the bridge then it should be oriented with the bar closer to the bridge on a 7 string - this is what DiMarzio recommends for lower tunings (like a 7-string low B)

JP preferred the sound of the D-sonic with the bar towards the neck on the 6-string model which is why they are oriented in a different fashion.

On the newer Crunch Lab pickup both the 6 and 7 string have the bar in the same orientation, towards the neck.
    Thank you so much.
    Another question here: Which neck pickup is used when it comes to D-sonic for bridge pickup?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supernova217 View Post
    Thank you so much.
    Another question here: Which neck pickup is used when it comes to D-sonic for bridge pickup?
    You are very welcome!

The original custom-wound neck pickup was used with both the original custom-wound bridge pickup and the subsequent D-Sonic bridge pickup (on both the 6 and 7 string models).
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band