Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albert Lee HH Pickups ... what should I sell for?

Albert Lee HH Pickups ... what should I sell for?

I have the pickups from my 2013 Albert Lee HH I want to sell ... just the pickups, not the pickguard or wiring assembly. I know these cannot be had without buying the guitar, so what should I expect to get for them? Or should I just set em up on a auction and see what happens??

Honest thoughts appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Twang Banger View Post
    I have the pickups from my 2013 Albert Lee HH I want to sell ... just the pickups, not the pickguard or wiring assembly. I know these cannot be had without buying the guitar, so what should I expect to get for them? Or should I just set em up on a auction and see what happens??

Honest thoughts appreciated!

Personally, I would hang onto them. Weíve seen it too many times where the owner of an Axis or HHAL sells the stock pickups because they are happy with the new pickups then somewhere down the road they want to go back to the original pickups and canít find a set anywhere.
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty316 View Post
    Personally, I would hang onto them. We’ve seen it too many times where the owner of an Axis or HHAL sells the stock pickups because they are happy with the new pickups then somewhere down the road they want to go back to the original pickups and can’t find a set anywhere.
    Not exactly the question I was asking but thanks for your opinion.

Do you still have the Al HH? If you are ever planning on selling it, definitely hold onto those. As you know, most EBMM fans really like the instruments stock.

The bigger issue is that they are really unknown quantities. They are made specifically for that instrument, so like the Dimarzio IBZ pickups, on the secondary market it's very hard to get any people interested.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

It's really hard to say, I've seen them go all over the map for pricing.

Maybe I'll take a wild stab in the $350+ range and see if someone is interested ... then if not, hang onto them. Thanks for everyone's input.

BTW, I do still have the AL HH, it has Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups in it. I like them a lot more but I also understand the value/original pickups argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Twang Banger View Post
    Maybe I'll take a wild stab in the $350+ range and see if someone is interested ... then if not, hang onto them. Thanks for everyone's input.

BTW, I do still have the AL HH, it has Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups in it. I like them a lot more but I also understand the value/original pickups argument.
    Last few sets Iíve seen on eBay went for around $200....
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen sets go for 150 and I'd offer 200 to get an extra set. Just in case. But 350... NEEEH.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL MM90
    Sparkle Turquoise

Why would you expect a set of used dimarzio pickups to go for $350? Even though they are "custom wound" for the Albert Lee, that's not something people are beating down the doors for. NEW, covered Dimarzio pickups typically retail at 90-100.

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Why would you expect a set of used dimarzio pickups to go for $350? Even though they are "custom wound" for the Albert Lee, that's not something people are beating down the doors for. NEW, covered Dimarzio pickups typically retail at 90-100.
    Excuse me for speculating that demand may far outreach supply for a product that can only generally be obtained by purchasing a $1500-plus guitar, in a market where some people simply have to have what they want.

Sheesh ... whatever, buddy ... it was just speculation that someone might be interested in paying a premium for them due to scarcity.

Last edited by Twang Banger; 11-01-2017 at 08:05 PM.

They're only worth what someone else is willing to pay for them...
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!

Put them up at whatever price you see fit. You never know, you may get your asking price.

Sorry if I came off as harsh. It's unfortunately just the reality of pickups. Your best bet would be to post them for sale here, which is where you are most likely to find someone with an AL looking to put it back to stock, and most willing to pay your asking price.

If you were say selling an original Stingray pickup, now that you could get a bunch for.

if you are no hurry to sell them, somebody might take 'em at a quiet point in the market @ $350 but I think you'll be waiting a long time. At the end of the day, they are the same pickups as used in many EBMM models (Axis, ASS, Reflex HH, 25th Anniversary), so look at those prices. $300 is top, $200 more common, I've seen individual pickus go for $60.
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.