Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Music Man Cutlass HSS humbucker

Music Man Cutlass HSS humbucker

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Cutlass HSS with a chrome humbucker cover instead of the white? Thinking of pulling the trigger on one but donít really like the white humbucker and really donít want to swap the pickup to get that option. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Veets987 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Cutlass HSS with a chrome humbucker cover instead of the white? Thinking of pulling the trigger on one but donít really like the white humbucker and really donít want to swap the pickup to get that option. Thanks!
    Iím afraid note. But you wouldnít need to swap the pickup, just pull the cover off and put a chrome one on in its place. Just make sure to measure whether it isnít fóspaced before you buy a new cover

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    Iím afraid note. But you wouldnít need to swap the pickup, just pull the cover off and put a chrome one on in its place. Just make sure to measure whether it isnít fóspaced before you buy a new cover
    Thanks for the reply! Thatís what I was afraid of. I donít have any experience taking Off a humbucker and replacing it with a new one. I wouldnít want to risk destroying the pickup.

It's a Music Man-made pickup, it may or may not be standard sizing and the cover may or may not be removeable. I would suggest that tomorrow you pick up the phone and call Music Man Customer Service and ask them if the cover is removeable and what the dimensions are.
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    It's a Music Man-made pickup, it may or may not be standard sizing and the cover may or may not be removeable. I would suggest that tomorrow you pick up the phone and call Music Man Customer Service and ask them if the cover is removeable and what the dimensions are.
    Thanks! Yea Iím going to give them a call tomorrow. Really hoping this is a option or possible. Here is a picture of exactly what Iím wanting minus the piezo.

http://forums.ernieball.com/attachme...3&d=1437614326

Another thing to keep in mind with this is that metal covers on pickups need to be properly soldered on and waxed to avoid issues with feedback. Also, some people have claimed that it has some impact on sound.

Only my personal experience, but I haven't had any issues with feedback due to not waxing or soldering covers on. I may have gotten lucky though. However, Seymour Duncan says I'm doing to wrong, so I'd follow him over me
    Easy, Breezy, Beautiful Covered Humbuckers | Seymour Duncan
    Last edited by TrapperJ; 11-27-2017 at 10:23 AM.

You won't be able to get the roasted maple neck either. I love this guitar as well though.