Ernie Ball Paradigm
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Music Man Cutlass HSS humbucker

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3

    Music Man Cutlass HSS humbucker

    Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Cutlass HSS with a chrome humbucker cover instead of the white? Thinking of pulling the trigger on one but donít really like the white humbucker and really donít want to swap the pickup to get that option. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Veets987 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Cutlass HSS with a chrome humbucker cover instead of the white? Thinking of pulling the trigger on one but donít really like the white humbucker and really donít want to swap the pickup to get that option. Thanks!
    Iím afraid note. But you wouldnít need to swap the pickup, just pull the cover off and put a chrome one on in its place. Just make sure to measure whether it isnít fóspaced before you buy a new cover

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    Iím afraid note. But you wouldnít need to swap the pickup, just pull the cover off and put a chrome one on in its place. Just make sure to measure whether it isnít fóspaced before you buy a new cover
    Thanks for the reply! Thatís what I was afraid of. I donít have any experience taking Off a humbucker and replacing it with a new one. I wouldnít want to risk destroying the pickup.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    5,068
    It's a Music Man-made pickup, it may or may not be standard sizing and the cover may or may not be removeable. I would suggest that tomorrow you pick up the phone and call Music Man Customer Service and ask them if the cover is removeable and what the dimensions are.
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

    Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

    Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

    I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    It's a Music Man-made pickup, it may or may not be standard sizing and the cover may or may not be removeable. I would suggest that tomorrow you pick up the phone and call Music Man Customer Service and ask them if the cover is removeable and what the dimensions are.
    Thanks! Yea Iím going to give them a call tomorrow. Really hoping this is a option or possible. Here is a picture of exactly what Iím wanting minus the piezo.

    http://forums.ernieball.com/attachme...3&d=1437614326

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    19
    Another thing to keep in mind with this is that metal covers on pickups need to be properly soldered on and waxed to avoid issues with feedback. Also, some people have claimed that it has some impact on sound.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    372
    Only my personal experience, but I haven't had any issues with feedback due to not waxing or soldering covers on. I may have gotten lucky though. However, Seymour Duncan says I'm doing to wrong, so I'd follow him over me
    Easy, Breezy, Beautiful Covered Humbuckers | Seymour Duncan
    Last edited by TrapperJ; 11-27-2017 at 10:23 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    26
    You won't be able to get the roasted maple neck either. I love this guitar as well though.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Paradigm