Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for some advice on MM Jp6

Hi Spud =) By 'profile' is it by any chance meant the 'shape' of the neck? As in a C-shape, D-shape, V-shape etc.?

I'm not an expert and guitar 'terms' sometimes can be slightly confusing. The reference on the numbers above was primarily because Jayded said he was looking for info regarding the neck width.

JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    JPXVI 7 Black Lava
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    MONARCHY MAJESTY 7 Black Knight (pending)
    NOMAC MAJESTY #11 Timeworn Matte Silver

- Top Money Paid for a specific JP15 BUCKEYE BURL 6-String model released in Japan -

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    Hi Spud =) By 'profile' is it by any chance meant the 'shape' of the neck? As in a C-shape, D-shape, V-shape etc.?

I'm not an expert and guitar 'terms' sometimes can be slightly confusing. The reference on the numbers above was primarily because Jayded said he was looking for info regarding the neck width.
    Ha I get confused by terms too. Neck and fretboard spring to mind lol.
    Yeah the profile is the C shape D shape W shape (just joking on the last one).

Width is pretty much important to me - smallish hands mean that I cannot play a baseball bat neck.
    I find the Albert/Silo/Axis/EVH width and profile give me no problems.

(I don't cramp up on my 74 Les Paul either - but hardly play that now)
    The JP6 neck has a very flat profile - which caused me some problem in my left fretting forearm - ironically I contracted tennis elbow in my right arm which I'm glad to say has 99% cleared up with exercise.

As I say, I'm in the minority and not everybody will get the cramps. I used to play 2 x 45 min sets and found that I couldn't play it all night.
    Last edited by Spudmurphy; 12-07-2017 at 06:32 AM.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;Fender BJ 15W;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

I have found out that 'baseball bat' necks don't suit me either. Not in terms of fingers' length, but too much material gives a slight sense of discomfort. I understand however that the the very flat C-shape profile the JP line has can be for a specified audience as well.

Really glad to hear you are back to shape =)

Hand & arm injuries can be very frustrating for instrument players =(

JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    JPXVI 7 Black Lava
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    MONARCHY MAJESTY 7 Black Knight (pending)
    NOMAC MAJESTY #11 Timeworn Matte Silver

- Top Money Paid for a specific JP15 BUCKEYE BURL 6-String model released in Japan -