Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mutual Admiration Society

Mutual Admiration Society

Hey everyone, check it out:

Favored Nations' inaugural release with Mascot will be the debut by Sterling Ball's new band, Mutual Admiration Society, which sees Ball teaming with drummer John Ferraro and keyboardist Jim Cox. Produced by the band, the record was mixed by Rich Mouser and engineered by Bill "The Sonic Doctor" Evans (Flying Colors, Galactic Cowboys, Neal Morse), whose ground-breaking mix technology, Harmonic Phrase Analysis, allows mixes to be created with unequalled transparency and detail. Special guests on the album include Steve Morse, Steve Lukather, Steve Vai, Albert Lee, John Petrucci, and session legend Jay Graydon.

Sterling Ball , "When John Ferraro, Jim Cox and I set out the make this record, it was a passion project to celebrate our love for music and guitar. It's since grown to an incredible project featuring some of the greatest guitarists in the world, and more importantly life-long friends."

Steve Vai teams up with Mascot for Favored Nations Records

Last edited by dibart77; 11-30-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Awesome!
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Nice.
    Congrats Sterling.

NAMM live show?
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

Excellent!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Congrats Sterling! Looking forward to hearing it.

Nice! Let's hear it!
    Balls..... everywhere!

I can’t wait to check it out.

Gooooooood deal!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

I am thrilled for this
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette

Blog Entries
    Hey Jack Williams has heard it.

I did my first a few years ago and did it very quickly and maybe was even a little cautious that I had no business making a cd. THis one was very organic. John Ferraro and I went into the studio to make a record just the two of us. I sort of chop around on a lot of different instruments Uke Mando Acoustic and electric guitars stand up bass 4 string bass 6 string baritone and 6 string bass.

We were doing fine and then we brought Jim Cox in to join us. The tracks were really fun and I think pretty good. This time around I challenged myself to be the beast I cold be and not cut corners. Steve Morse heard one of the tracks that didnt have guitar yet and asked if he could add the guitars. The rest is history....I did not ask one guest. Most found out about the project from each other and not me.

I hope you kids like it....it comes out on jan 19

Steve Vai had a very large catalog and lots of submissions...I am honored that he thought enough of the project to make it his first release through Mascot.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Congrats BP! Very cool!
    SBMM JV60 S/N SG34682 w/flame roasted maple neck/DuBaldo's split HB polished frets; DiMarzio PAF 36th Bridge pup neck; DiMarzio AT-1 bridge; Graphtec saddles; Schaller locking tuners
    Vox VT20+
    Zoom G3X
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

Here's a video on the project:

Sterling Ball, John Ferraro and Jim Cox present The Mutual Admiration Society - YouTube

And you can listen to a sample (or stream the whole song if you are a Spotify user) of Sugar Shack, which is the track that Steve Vai played on:

Sugar Shack (feat. Steve Vai) by Sterling Ball on Spotify

Sugar Shack?
    Wonder if it was that cool place to hang as a teen in the SF valley back in the 70's.
    i think on magnolia and whittset?
    I remember dancing there to a lot of Bowie.
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

The last 4 CDs I bought were SMBs and Flying colors. This I need 2 copies of. and the BluRay.
    This is grammy material here.
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette

Blog Entries
    I don’t know if you are kidding norm but we really all gave this our all
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.