Not electric until you plug it in

Thread: Luke III trim pots (5)

User Info Menu

Luke III trim pots (5)

Hi

Just got a Luke III HH in Bodhi Blue. It's my 2nd one, as I've been kicking myself for a while for selling one I bought couple years ago.

I removed the control cover to adjust the boost on the push-push switch, and was surprised to see 5 trim pots instead of the normal 2 pots for comp and boost that I had on my 1st Luke. The additional 3 trim pots are labeled bass, treble, and mix, so I presume they are an EQ for the boost circuit??

I haven't see a spec sheet on the EBMM website for the Luke III that shows the 3 additional pots. Also, it looks like the pots' adjustment slots are kind of mangled, have to contact the seller about that since they listed the guitar as mint condition in their description (doesn't seem to affect their adjustibility). I wonder if replacements are available?

Luke III trim pots (5)-luke-iii-trim-pots-640x480-jpg
    Last edited by sandmannn69; 12-26-2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: add picture
    Music Man Axis Tribute
    Music Man Luke III

Fractal Audio AxeFX 3

User Info Menu

Whoa, never have heard that they tweaked the circuit like that. Interesting.
    Looks like the previous owner used a phillips head screwdriver that was too big (damn guitar players, haha).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Whoa, never have heard that they tweaked the circuit like that. Interesting.
    Looks like the previous owner used a phillips head screwdriver that was too big (damn guitar players, haha).
    Yes, I think that's what he did. Guess he figured I wouldn't be looking under the control cover. He said it was mint (obviously not), but don't want to return it-just replace the pots.
    Music Man Axis Tribute
    Music Man Luke III

Fractal Audio AxeFX 3

User Info Menu

Ah, found the answer in post #3 of this thread Luke III Starry Night HSS

Looks like the extra 3 trim pots do not affect the sound at all on the Luke. Guess that explains why the previous owner must have went crazy turning them trying to detect a difference (with the wrong tool).
    Music Man Axis Tribute
    Music Man Luke III

Fractal Audio AxeFX 3