Ernie Ball Cables
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello! Valentine or not?

User Info Menu

I bought it it's incredible lighter then my tele!

Last edited by m4ssi; 01-20-2018 at 10:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Congrats! Love mine.

User Info Menu

incredible finishes, really nice instrument!! the bridge pu sounds amazing!!

User Info Menu

I tell you. These newer EBMM models are outta control. The Valentine, Cutlass and Reflex are just ridiculously perfect modern instruments. Everything else I pick up just doesn't compare. There are other great guitar companies out there, but these guitars are unreal.

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17)

User Info Menu

you right! i'm very happy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    Fact is if you ever buy a MM... You'll most likely buy more than one. And, sooner or later, lose any interest for other brands.
    Amen... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    I tell you. These newer EBMM models are outta control. The Valentine, Cutlass and Reflex are just ridiculously perfect modern instruments. Everything else I pick up just doesn't compare. There are other great guitar companies out there, but these guitars are unreal.
    I agree. There is just soooo much here and they all have their own flavor. I have 7 and have not come close to scratching all my EBMM itches. I have zero desire for any other brand since I bought my first EBMM. I like lookin at some of the other makers guitars and finishes but they aren’t getting my money. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

The only other brand that I was checking out was Xotic. A couple of the SSS models look pretty stellar, but about a hefty hike above a Cutlass, which I absolutely adore.

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17)

User Info Menu

Do you know Daniel Donato? sometimes he plays the music man valentine satin, i would like to know wich changes he did on his Valentine
    Music Man Cutlass RS HSS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m4ssi View Post
    Do you know Daniel Donato? sometimes he plays the music man valentine satin, i would like to know wich changes he did on his Valentine

love Daniels playing and tone!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m4ssi View Post
    Daniel's "Valentine" is pretty different. We had the chance to visit with him about it at a show he played in Nashville last year. He came off as a very genuine guy.

He didn't play that guitar in either of the shows we saw. It's a Valentine body, but he has double humbuckers, and a couple of mini toggle switches which he didn't get into exactly what they do. Some combo of coil splits and series/parallel options, I'd guess. (I don't know if he has the push/push tone in that guitar for coil splits.) He said they (he and EBMM together) are using the Valentine model as a platform for experimentation with different pickups and electronics. Sounds interesting for future things...
    ---------------
    2018 Valentine in Three-tone Burst
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

thanks man!!
    Music Man Cutlass RS HSS

User Info Menu

After a few months of use.....i have to say: the Valentine is perfect for my music, extremely comfortable, the battery's life is very long and of course, the sound is amazing. I'm very happy with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    Fact is if you ever buy a MM... You'll most likely buy more than one. And, sooner or later, lose any interest for other brands.
    you right Jason ehehe and now i'm interested in the albert lee HH
    Music Man Cutlass RS HSS

User Info Menu

Dude, the HH is mega!
    I now need a valentine tho
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

Does the Stering model have the same pickups are the American verison?