Ernie Ball Cables

Thread: Morse Starry Night Y2D vs. 20th Anni Silhouette

User Info Menu

Morse Starry Night Y2D vs. 20th Anni Silhouette

Very different guitars, but i might try to snag one of these. Does anyone have any information on one or both?

How does the Starry Night compare to a standard Y2D (playing and tone)?

How does the 20th Anni Silhouette compare to a standard silhouette or gold roller (playing and tone)?

I wish I could try both, but I'd be hemorrhaging money through shipping costs. Price of the two is pretty close.

Thanks!

(Btw, ngd Lukeiii Bfr)
    2014 Silhouette, White hss BFR Roasted Maple Neck
    2014 Steve Morse All-Roasted Maple Neptune Blue PDN Neck on a Morse Y2D Purple Sunset Burst body (Thanks to Kestrou)
    2017 Luke III BFR Blueberry Burst
    Gold Roller PDN Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

I have both a standard Morse Starry Night and a Y2D Starry Night morse. They are both, in my opinion, excellent examples of the line. I vastly prefer ebony fretboards and stainless frets to the normal alternatives, so these have quickly become my #1 and #2 guitars. As far as the silhouette, I've had a couple, but they never fit for me. They are very nice guitars, but the Morse just has something special about it.
    BFR Axis Super Sport Purple #12/27
    BFR Majesty Fuchsia Sparkle #4/74
    BFR Morse Tahitian Blue #62/69
    Majesty Monarchy Royal Purple
    PDN Starry Night Steve Morse Y2D

Like The Wet Dark on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/thewetdark/
    Follow us on Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/thewetdark

User Info Menu

I love the silhouettes. I am loving my BFR Luke iii as well.

My only reservation with Morses at this point is that since they do not have a contoured edge where your forearm is placed, fast down picking becomes rather strenuous. I love my Morse. They are my favorite necks.
    2014 Silhouette, White hss BFR Roasted Maple Neck
    2014 Steve Morse All-Roasted Maple Neptune Blue PDN Neck on a Morse Y2D Purple Sunset Burst body (Thanks to Kestrou)
    2017 Luke III BFR Blueberry Burst
    Gold Roller PDN Rosewood Neck