Ernie Ball CRNR Jimmy Page
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Sterling Albert Lee!

Angry Inferior Product

Well.... I see a lot of happy folks with their new Sterling Albert Lee's so far on here. I'm wondering if all of you have really checked your guitars out or if I just got the lemon? The biggest issue is the bushings for the 2 point bridge. On one side the wood has already broken away and was lodged between the tremolo back plate and the block. The other side is over drilled in diameter and is already cracking like the other. IT also appears there was some sort of glue used to piece it all back together. I have never seen holes drilled completely through into the tremolo cavity to begin with. IF you bought one of these guitars you should take a look to see if your fixing to have problems. Shorter bushings are needed for sure. The other issue is the jack plate. They didn't get it centered and one of the four screw holes is barely into the wood and will not tighten. I can't believe Music Man nor Sterling would want their names associated with this kind of work. Mine is going back and I'm not sure I will try again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sterling Albert Lee!-img_0396-jpg   Sterling Albert Lee!-img_0398-jpg  

Have you tried contacting Sterling to discuss this? I usually give companies a chance to rectify an issue before complaining online.

Complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Have you tried contacting Sterling to discuss this? I usually give companies a chance to rectify an issue before complaining online.
    Wasn’t aware I was complaining? Simply sharing what I encountered and yes I have already reached out to both those links you shared with no response yet.

Thanks for your reply though.

I think you definitely got a lemon. I’d send it back and ask for a replacement, but if the replacement was bad too then I’d be very concerned and be after some more answer. Good luck
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Albert Lee SSS - 3tsb
    Cutlas SSS - Vintage Turquoise
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green
    FSR 50s Strat - Jetstream Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Wasn’t aware I was complaining? Simply sharing what I encountered and yes I have already reached out to both those links you shared with no response yet.
    Sorry, "publicly venting".

Look, I'd be really upset too. But contact Sterling (not Music Man or Ernie Ball - Sterling is a separate, company that licenses the designs) and and follow that through. I've seen many stories here of them making issues right. Some guitars have issues ... no doubt. But that's what customer service department is there for.

Thanks Trapper J

Yep, it's a sorry example of craftsmanship at best. I just hope others are not going to have issues due to the design and installation of the bridge bushings, but after seeing a couple of others now it don't look good.

Flip

beej

So is that why you keep attaching both Music Man and Ernie Ball's contact info??? I just wanted to alert others out there who don't have the luther experience

Hi Flip,

I have EB/MM's contact info in my signature as a reference for folks that need it (as this is the official Music Man forum). Sterling, however, is a separate company - I don't have their contact info. Someone here can probably point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Yep, it's a sorry example of craftsmanship at best. I just hope others are not going to have issues due to the design and installation of the bridge bushings, but after seeing a couple of others now it don't look good.

Flip
    Home | Sterling by Music Man

Here’s a contact page with a phone number. I’m sorry your guitar isn’t as you hoped it was. Give SBMM a chance to address your issues.
    SBMM Cutlass Seafoam Green
    SBMM Albert Lee - Daphne Blue
    SBMM Valentine JV60 Trans Buttermilk
    *Modded with Railhammer Humcutter P90's

Looks like at the bottom the holes are so big that they aren't supporting the bushings at all.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck