Ernie Ball CRNR Jimmy Page
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music Man blog 2018 Guitars just posted!

User Info Menu

Such a shame about the St Vincent necks. The all-rosewwod was a big draw, to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by St_G View Post
    Such a shame about the St Vincent necks. The all-rosewwod was a big draw, to me.
    That'll mean you just grab em used.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Yes. I was very much looking forward to buying one brand new, as a celebration of paying off my student loans. It's a dumb thing to be bummed about, but I am. Oh well. I've still got 17 months of payments, so maybe EB will course correct before it becomes an issue.

I mean, it's not a CITES thing, is it? Those are still rosewood fretboards...

User Info Menu

Yes. I was very much looking forward to buying one brand new, as a celebration of paying off my student loans. It's a dumb thing to be bummed about, but I am. Oh well. I've still got 17 months of payments, so maybe EB will course correct before it becomes an issue.

There is always the chance of finding a NOS later on when you got some dough, always think positive man.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    That isn't updated. The Cutlass in the blog picture is Firemist Blue and a video talked about a stealth black Cutlass with black hardware.
    Stealth black can be seen here
    L&M @ NAMM 2018: Ernie Ball Music Man Cutlass RS Guitar - YouTube

Cheers, Michael

User Info Menu

Jason Richardson signature? Jp8?
    my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

my 1st EP 'Sonic Sketches' is out now (instrumental prog metal)

User Info Menu

The baked/torrefied maple is quite a bit denser and harder than regular maple, which somewhat removes the "advantage" of having a rosewood neck. And I can kinda imagine that getting pieces of rosewood the size needed for a whole neck can be harder than just getting in fretboard blanks.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Is the roasted maple neck finished with only oil and wax?