Strap on your style
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A few pics from NAMM 2018

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kimonostereo View Post
    Hi Pete! Do you know which color variant of St. Vincent can get an ebony fingerboard?

On the original mini-bucker HHH version:
    -Stealth Black - Ebony - Matte Black
    -Polaris White - Figured Roasted Maple/Ebony - White
    Tobacco Burst - Figured Roasted Maple/Rosewood - Parchment
    St. Vincent Blue - Figured Roasted Maple/Rosewood - White

On the new HH version (probably launching much later this year)

-Stealth Black Maple/Ebony Black
    -Charcoal Sparkle Figured Roasted Maple/Ebony Black
    -Sea Breeze Figured Roasted Maple/Ebony Parchment
    Blue Dawn Figured Roasted Maple/Rosewood White

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Honestly I'm surprised that they didn't cut a few of them last year when the axed a bunch of paint colors across the lineup, got rid of the MM90 & piezo options, etc.

Thanks for all the pics, Pete! Really love the roasted necks on the Cutlass!
    Yes, the necks on the Cutlass looked and felt awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    Pete,

Do the new JP 6ís come with roasted necks as well?
    No, this was a change to the "Modern Classics" line that came with a noticeable price increase. The JP6 will continue to come with the same figured maple neck.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kimonostereo View Post
    Hey Pete, is the St.Vincent HH in Blue Dawn available with the ebony fingerboard?
    No, the Blue Dawn comes with a rosewood board

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    They don't have the L3 in Firemist Purple?

Thanks for sharing these pics! The 2018 Lineup looks awesome.
    They do have the L3 in Firemist Purple and I will get pics of it uploaded on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pott View Post
    None of the new amazing colors available on the AL HH. No Blue Dawn, no Sparkle, no Firemist Purple.
    JPs only being loaded is disappointing too for those not fan of the shields.

That new JP15 looks insanely good.
    I'm sure that when the time is right the AL will get an amazing color.

I do understand the JP shields not being for everyone, but if more people had ordered JPs with dot inlays then the option might have stayed.
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

Pete , any idea what street price is for „figured” Cutlass line - you have mentioned the significant price increase ?
    Dunno if you are allowed to post prices here , just wanted to know if they are under 2k USD or more .
    Thanx
    Ex-guitar player .

User Info Menu

Hi Pete, do you have the Neck Specs on the new JP6?
    2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2014-MAJESTY ARCTIC DREAM
    2015-JP15 BLUEBERRY BURST (#57-300)
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR

User Info Menu

A little birdy told me - and didn’t say to keep it in confidence - that rosewood necks (not fretboards) are a thing of the past.

And I don’t see anything in the current lineup with rosewood necks...

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kestrou View Post
    A little birdy told me - and didn’t say to keep it in confidence - that rosewood necks (not fretboards) are a thing of the past.

Kevin
    What about the AL HH?
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Maybe they will switch to wenge like on the blue st Vincent BFR

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kestrou View Post

Kevin
    The HH Al still comes with an all rosewood neck
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by look_at_her View Post
    Pete , any idea what street price is for „figured” Cutlass line - you have mentioned the significant price increase ?
    Dunno if you are allowed to post prices here , just wanted to know if they are under 2k USD or more .
    Thanx
    The street price on the Cutlass with figured roasted maple neck starts at 1,999

Quote Originally Posted by RAIN27 View Post
    Hi Pete, do you have the Neck Specs on the new JP6?
    I'm a bit confused by your question as there is no new model JP this year, just some new colors & hardware. The JP6 has essentially had the same neck dimensions since 2001, and remains figured maple with a rosewood fretboard.
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    Maybe they will switch to wenge like on the blue st Vincent BFR
    Wenge is great!
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

2k is a heck of an up charge for a roasted neck. Have they abandoned the idea of modern classics having a more competitive price point - I remember they were about 1500 street at launch?
    Or was that price not sustainable for profitability?
    Will the non figured unroasted line be available still or is it that way as standard now?
    Last edited by TrapperJ; 01-29-2018 at 05:38 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    2k is a heck of an up charge for a roasted neck. Have they abandoned the idea of modern classics having a more competitive price point - I remember they were about 1500 street at launch?
    Or was that price not sustainable for profitability?
    You're right Trapper , they were 1,5k street... I hoped for 1,8k price range , that would be awesome .
    But , on the other hand , imagine another brand hi-end St4@t style guitar : haven't seen any under 2k usd .
    I am definitely going to purchase Cutlass this year . Amen !
    Ex-guitar player .

User Info Menu

I saw a picture of a white Cutlass with a rosewood fingerboard. I believe it was an HSS. Canít wait for the SSS pics. I had an HSS but I missed the bridge single coil, so that white SSS is on my radar. In a NAMM video I saw the Cutlass being played...it looked like it was nicely broken in, but it couldíve been just the random lighter spots of the rosewood coupled with the darker headstock. It looked beautiful. That and the cream colored Luke are so very tempting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by look_at_her View Post
    You're right Trapper , they were 1,5k street... I hoped for 1,8k price range , that would be awesome .
    But , on the other hand , imagine another brand hi-end St4@t style guitar : haven't seen any under 2k usd .
    I am definitely going to purchase Cutlass this year . Amen !
    True, its still not as expensive as a Suhr, and especially a Tom Anderson. I'd like to get an HSS to go with my SSS, but a Valentine will likely come first. Its just a shame about the hike in price - i'd be interested to know if its just a market position decision or its an increase in cost to make, or if really 1500 just wasn't sustainable

User Info Menu

Are they much cheaper in the US? In the UK a Cutlass is only £200 less than a Suhr Classic Pro. Both lovely guitars in different ways. Hard pressed to choose one.
    Last edited by Alistair Taylor; 01-29-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!