Ernie Ball CRNR Mike Dirnt
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A few pics from NAMM 2018

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    True, its still not as expensive as a Suhr, and especially a Tom Anderson. I'd like to get an HSS to go with my SSS, but a Valentine will likely come first. Its just a shame about the hike in price - i'd be interested to know if its just a market position decision or its an increase in cost to make, or if really 1500 just wasn't sustainable
    There was an increase on all instruments across the board. With the Cutlass and StingRay also getting an upgrade to figured roasted maple it made the price change on them a bit more significant.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Here are some new from SBMM pics (see page 1)
    Update #1
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

Have you got some pics of the Luke sterling ?
    Thanks!!
    MM axis semi hollow Piezo
    LAG ARKANE 1000 2012

Bugera T50

www.facebook.com/opale43

Update #1
    Thanks for all the pictures pete!

Quote Originally Posted by dav View Post
    Have you got some pics of the Luke sterling ?
    Thanks!!
    For some reason the photos of the bottom row disappeared along with 50,000 text messages (maybe due to faulty cell-phone setup?). We are doing our best to locate the missing photos.
    Visit the all new

For some reason the photos of the bottom row disappeared along with 50,000 text messages (maybe due to faulty cell-phone setup?). We are doing our best to locate the missing photos.
    I bet they show up when you go back to GMT on your cell phone... but only when it chooses to do so on its own.
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty316 View Post
    I bet they show up when you go back to GMT on your cell phone... but only when it chooses to do so on its own.
    Yeah that was a trip, glad I didn't need to use the alarm clock feature! On Sunday my phone stayed at GMT all the way from CA to CT, when I was finally able to get it back to Eastern Time.
    Visit the all new

Blog Entries
    1. We dont discontinue guitars. The public does. We have never discontinued a model with a large order back log

2. Please dont that the euro vs usa prices.

3. The Modern classics were introduced with forward pricing and also to give early adopters a pricing advantage. We cannot survive making a $1500 street guitar in California.

4. We offered so many new features and colors and once again 80% is critical. We try everything and make what we can get orders for.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    1. We dont discontinue guitars. The public does. We have never discontinued a model with a large order back log

2. Please dont that the euro vs usa prices.

3. The Modern classics were introduced with forward pricing and also to give early adopters a pricing advantage. We cannot survive making a $1500 street guitar in California.

4. We offered so many new features and colors and once again 80% is critical. We try everything and make what we can get orders for.
    Thanks for the clarifications.
    Its worth noting, despite the critiques, pretty much everyone here is planning on plunging their hand in their wallet to buy one of these - including me (once i've finished paying off the St Vincent BFR anyway). Passion brings critics, but it brings open wallets too
    Kudos on the new range
    Last edited by TrapperJ; 01-29-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Does that mean a Luke 2 BFR can still be ordered? If it can’t, it’s been discontinued, surely? Not really getting what you’re saying regarding customers causing a guitar to be discontinued. Sure, if it isn’t selling at all then you make the call, but that’s still a cal that comes from the company, not the customer. It’s rather disingenuous to say the public made you do it!

Re non US prices, it's relevant for people that don't live in the US. Don't see the problem. Don't think anyone is criticising the pricing that I've seen.
    Last edited by Alistair Taylor; 01-29-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!

So, still no Jason Richardson signature model? And still no JP8?
    my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

my 1st EP 'Sonic Sketches' is out now (instrumental prog metal)

Quote Originally Posted by TheShreddinHand View Post
    Are the JP BFRs (quilt and flame maple top) discontinued as well?

The JP6’s and JP7’s will still have BFR options.
    The finishes for them are:
    Ruby Burst Flame
    Koa (my personal favorite)
    Balboa Burst Quilt
    Trans Black Quilt

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post

#1 .... AMEN. Truth as always from BP.

#3, no doubt.

#4, NO other company breaks it's back like EBMM to satisfy it's customer/fan base. I have FULLY seen that from the other side of the curtain.

humbled to be an EBMM owner and PROSELYTIZER again.
    "Top pros 15 - Talkbass 0"

Quote Originally Posted by Psychicpet View Post

#4, NO other company breaks it's back like EBMM to satisfy it's customer/fan base. I have FULLY seen that from the other side of the curtain.
    They're a great company, no doubt, and I get why BP is often defensive as I'm a business owner myself, but all the high end companies bend over backwards for their customers. Slightly off topic but, outwith EBMM, I've only dealt with Suhr and cannot fault them in any way either. After 3 years, my carve top Standard developed delamination round the neck pocket and I contacted them for a price to correct it. Was delighted and amazed that they told me to drop it off at my dealer and they'd ship it over to the US form the UK, refinish it and ship it back at no cost. So, yes, there are other great companies out there. I know many here are utterly loyal to EBMM to the exclusion of all others but there are other choices.

Keep doing what you do well but no need to be critical of the buyers. I'm just trying to clarify if I can have the Luke 2 BFR I've been saving over a year for! Bit frustrating that neither the dealer nor the UK distributor was given any form of notice it was being discontinued only a month before it happened. Had they been given notice, I'd have put down a deposit and ordered one last month and not waited! Heck, if word got out, you might have found an influx of orders that would have changed your mind!
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!