Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A few pics from NAMM 2018

All fair points. I love my balls (and my ernies too - boom!) but i have other brands. Suhr is one i'm gonna buy from eventually myself. Got a few more ernies to get first- Valentine, HSS Cutlass, (and i also do need a jazzmaster too...) You can never have too many guitars i say. EBMM customer service is great, its just a shame UK can't deal direct with US because anytime i've bene in touch they have been ace, but i understand you have to have a distribution network to manage the international side.

I think one truism of any business is that you're never gonna please everybody or be able to cater to everybody.

The UK should have a huge EBMM market considering the quality, but its not there yet. I think its growing since the new models came out though. There are a few shops in the UK that keep a nice stock of 10-15 guitars, but they are not the big chains stores like PMT. the Midlands is particualrly poorly served. You can order them in the Midlands, but you can't try much.
    PMT in notts has 4 guitars. Majesty, Luke, Silo, an ASS.
    Go down to Regent Sounds in London, or Project Music in Exeter, wayyyy more choice to try - but its a long drive.
    I hope one of the single owner dealers in the Midlands might become an EBMM dealer at some point. There's some really good independents round here where EBMM would fit well i think.

Anyway, thats all off topic.

Pete - did they have a firemist HSS cutlass at the show?

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post

Pete - did they have a firemist HSS cutlass at the show?

There is a Firemist Silver available on the Cutlass and StingRay but I don't remember if there was an HSS at the show. The Firemist Purple and Firemist Gold are not available on the cutlass or ray.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    There is a Firemist Silver available on the Cutlass and StingRay but I don't remember if there was an HSS at the show. The Firemist Purple and Firemist Gold are not available on the cutlass or ray.
    OK, thanks Pete. If you happen to come across a picture let me know? The Firemist silver looks blue-ish to me - bit like Ice Blue toned down. How would you describe it?

That's pretty accurate, a very light silver-blue. Here's what I've got
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

That's good then - i dig it like that. That's confirmed it for me - that finish in HSS with the roasted neck. It will be mine. It might even jump the queue ahead of the valentine...

Can't decide : Firemist Silver or White - by the way , Pete , have you got any pictures of white/roasted maple combo ? Is white plain "white" or more like ivory/yellowish ???
    One thing for sure : SSS all the way !
    2007 Rad Red LUKE
    2008 Tobacco Burst Axis
    2013 Bodhi Blue LIII hss

Quote Originally Posted by look_at_her View Post
    Can't decide : Firemist Silver or White - by the way , Pete , have you got any pictures of white/roasted maple combo ? Is white plain "white" or more like ivory/yellowish ???
    One thing for sure : SSS all the way !
    I don't have any pics but the color on the order sheet is definitely Ivory White
    Visit the all new

There was a picture of the white on Guitar World

Blog Entries
    clarification.... If nobody and I mean nobody buys them that means the customer is not interested...you try to find something that will and we bust our backs to do so. I will remind you kids of a few things...this is an honest forum with no corporate bs...if you come at me direct thats the answer you will get. Simple some of my favorite guitars that we did nobody cared.

Also from the old days I will remind you that you guys and gals are what we call the cayenne pepper. If we rely solely on the most passionate and informed we will go broke....the market is so big and we are fighting for a tiny chunk.

John Suhr is a dear friend and also a tremendous builder. He is slow in fixing my deluxe reverbs though...hahahah Inside joke.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

That's a good point to remember - As the Cayenne Peppers we are the superfan minority really. Not many folk are gonna buy the way we do.
    BP, in the market, who do you see as your most direct competitor - the brands that you're really duking it out with for shelf space? Is it Fender and Gibson, or is more the Suhrs and Andersons? Or do you see it as one giant royal rumble?

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    There was a picture of the white on Guitar World
    Thanks , found it , but have another question @Pete :
    Do white ones come with rosewood boards only or can be ordered with all-mapple neck ?
    2007 Rad Red LUKE
    2008 Tobacco Burst Axis
    2013 Bodhi Blue LIII hss

Blog Entries
    sort of inbetween we make a lot more than suhr and anderson and not nearly as many as fender or gibson...fun fact Tom Anderson took guitar lessons from Ernie Ball..my pops...both fine people and great builders
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by look_at_her View Post
    Thanks , found it , but have another question @Pete :
    Do white ones come with rosewood boards only or can be ordered with all-mapple neck ?
    Ivory White comes with a Rosewood fretboard only
    Visit the all new

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    That's pretty accurate, a very light silver-blue. Here's what I've got
    I bet that finish looks incredible in person....!!!!
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!

Thanks for the info Pete , looks like Firemist Silver is calling my name
    2007 Rad Red LUKE
    2008 Tobacco Burst Axis
    2013 Bodhi Blue LIII hss