Music Man April BFR
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Luke 2 discontinued?!

NAMM just happened, so it is probably going to take a bit for the website to be updated to reflect the pretty sizable lineup changes.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    NAMM just happened, so it is probably going to take a bit for the website to be updated to reflect the pretty sizable lineup changes.
    Maybe. The Game Changer was off the site last week when it was discontinued, though.
    ---------------
    2018 Valentine in Three-tone Burst
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo

What? GC is discontinued? So does that mean support and app development will cease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also need to realize the BFR stuff from NAMM has not been announced, could be a Luke 25 coming still. What was released from NAMM is the base stuff with the changes to the base.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmckinney View Post
    What? GC is discontinued? So does that mean support and app development will cease?
    I don't expect to see any improvements under the circumstances. Unfortunate side effect of a fine instrument that needs software and doesn't maintain critical mass in sales.

I'd been contemplating adding an HH model to the stable, but this pretty well makes the decision for me between that and the AL HH. (I'd really like to have an AL pinkburst - never thought I'd say that when I first saw both the body and color - but I've missed the boat on that, it seems.)
    ---------------
    2018 Valentine in Three-tone Burst
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo

Alistair - see post from BP in the thread Kinjin started

Aww man!
    I'm bummed that the Luke 2 has been discontinued...Lucky I picked up a PDN late last year which has become my 4th Luke, and my 2nd Luke2.
    I still prefer the Luke 1/2 model over the LIII, even though there's not much in it.
    1993 LUKE I Pearl Blue DOB: 15/12/93
    1998 LUKE II Luke Blue DOB: 05/10/98 Signed by Lucious
    2012 LUKE II PDN Classic Honey Burst DOB: 31/08/12
    2013 LIII HH Bodhi Blue DOB: 17/09/13

Fractal MFC101
    Matrix GT1000FX
    Marshall 4x12 & 2x12

So the Luke II is gone. The only site I still see them for sale is Musicians Friend in Luke blue. Will there be anymore future Luke's with a sharper V profile (instead of the current more rounded neck) and Emgs (either the early sa or sl combo)?
    2011 Candy Red Luke II
    LUKE I Reissue red

That would depend on what Steve Lukather plays. They are artist models after all. He's moved on from the Luke 2, and the Luke III was designed to his current preferences.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

I see a healthy supply of Luke IIs on the used market. So it's not like they're unobtanium.

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    I see a healthy supply of Luke IIs on the used market. So it's not like they're unobtanium.
    Standard Luke 2s are easy to get, but BFRs seem to be like gold dust. I've spent the last month scouring every outlet I can think of in Europe and the US, and even used Google to contact Japan, Australia etc, and nothing. Just putting this last post up in case anyone knows of a Blueberry Burst Luke 2 BFR anywhere, either flame or quilt. If not, I'm going the John McGuire route instead.

And I just looked into that Japanese one and it's listed on eBay but it's no longer listed on their site. So I can't find any out in the wild!
    Last edited by Alistair Taylor; 04-16-2018 at 04:20 AM.
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Taylor View Post
    Standard Luke 2s are easy to get, but BFRs seem to be like gold dust. I've spent the last month scouring every outlet I can think of in Europe and the US, and even used Google to contact Japan, Australia etc, and nothing. Just putting this last post up in case anyone knows of a Blueberry Burst Luke 2 BFR anywhere, either flame or quilt. If not, I'm going the John McGuire route instead.

And I just looked into that Japanese one and it's listed on eBay but it's no longer listed on their site. So I can't find any out in the wild!
    check this page in Italy
    LUKE BFR in - Mercatino Musicale

Saw that Bahama Blue burst and have contacted them but I’ve also come across and absolutely mint, case queen, EVH in trans gold as well. Really torn now!!!
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!

1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    3. Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/01]
    4. Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/11] BFR

1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    3. Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/01]
    4. Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/11] BFR