Ernie Ball CRNR Mike Dirnt
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh, Why?! (frustrated w/EBMM rant)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post

What sucks is there has been no official "press release", announcement or notification on these forums, nor on FB, etc akin to what they did last time when options were being discontinued and so on. Again, just really frustrated; it's not as if there are a ton of color options available for it- hell, Pink Burst is still the one and only color shown on the EBMM website.

My precise beef right now, but about the discontinuation if the Luke 2 in all forms as of NAMM, with zero warning. Even a little indication would have helped. I was holding off ordering it to see if the Luke 25th Anniversary rumour was true, a rumour that originated from BP’s own Facebook page. That didn’t appear at NAMM and now I can’t order the Luke 2 BFR I wanted! They really need to be more open and transparent. Things like this just annoy long term customers. I can understand being secretive about new products but not about cancelling old ones.
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    So, all set to pull the trigger on purchasing an Albert Lee SSS in pinkburst with matching headstock...
    maybe Iīm wrong but didnīt the matching headstock option has been discontinued already last year or so?
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: The BlueScream, Shelter50

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    maybe Iīm wrong but didnīt the matching headstock option has been discontinued already last year or so?
    You could/can get a matching headstock, just looked on the website, though with a maple fretboard I would not want one.

Oh, almost forgot, the "El Cheapo" new finish is awesome. If I did not have a new BFR coming in the next couple weeks I would ordering, again every body has different tastes.

Though I would love for it to be a hardtail!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Oh, almost forgot, the "El Cheapo" new finish is awesome. If I did not have a new BFR coming in the next couple weeks I would ordering, again every body has different tastes.

Though I would love for it to be a hardtail!
    It's ready and en route!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Blog Entries
    Guys you have to realize that we gave the trade all the information this weekend. Contrary to popular belief NAMM is for the wholesale buyers. Hard to believe but many dealers complained that we were telling the public first and the dealers last. It's also hard to please everyone...especially here. Also you have to understand that if a guitar I mentioned as a tease on my facebook page didnt happen there is a good reason....some reasons are not public...but usually it wasnt ready in time is the best explanation.

We are fighting every day. Thank god for strings...they keep Music Man going. We are trying to find the best combination of instruments and price points so it will stand alone. The backorder situation is crazy...over 9 months for a Majesty. We have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in automation, payroll and new Haas machines. We have replaced our production management....Im sorry if we discontinue a product you have your heart set on....as I've said if there are a bunch of orders for something it doesnt get discontinued

Open and transparent...I hope this is an example....
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Thanks as always for chatting with us BP. I'm always happy that you come around and chime in.

Some folks seem to think that business decisions are made without thought when often there are a lot of reasons we just aren't privy to knowing. All I know is that EBMM has been making my favorite guitars and I'm always excited to see what's coming next.
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2014 - Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow (Reflex mod) - Black Cherry Burst
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst
    2017 - St. Vincent - Stealth Black

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

I feel the frustration too. All 3 instruments that I was going to buy this year for myself were either discontinued or changed. I wanted to buy another Game Changer but it was discontinued. I was going to buy another JP 6 in mystic dream. It was changed to now have black hardware. And I was going to get a Stingray 4H in black with a maple neck and fretboard. I love roasted necks and really like the changes made to the new Stingrays but wish the roasted necks were an option and not standard. So now my only hope of getting those instruments to how I want them is going to be the used market.

I understand the not releasing info on new stuff but I really wish there was advanced warning given on things being discontinued and price changes. Due to the increase in price on every guitar and bass, it has now made it even harder to get other EBMM guitars and basses. I also wanted to get 2 Cutlass basses but with the jump in price, I'm going to have to look at maybe only purchasing 1 or 2 new EBMM guitars and/or basses this year and then go used for all of the other ones, which I hate doing. I understand their reasons for doing everything but am just bummed all my purchase plans this year and the future have been effected.

Don't forget you can always call EBMM and they can see if any of their distributor stores have new old stock. I've done this twice. Sometimes you get lucky. Give them a call.
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2014 - Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow (Reflex mod) - Black Cherry Burst
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst
    2017 - St. Vincent - Stealth Black

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

MM is a company that has to make profits and cannot pnease every single one if us at all times. Read what BP said : 9 months for a Majesty... Imagine if they had a custom shop where you could order this model with that neck in that colour... MM rules.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Guys you have to realize that we gave the trade all the information this weekend. Contrary to popular belief NAMM is for the wholesale buyers. Hard to believe but many dealers complained that we were telling the public first and the dealers last. It's also hard to please everyone...especially here. Also you have to understand that if a guitar I mentioned as a tease on my facebook page didnt happen there is a good reason....some reasons are not public...but usually it wasnt ready in time is the best explanation.

We are fighting every day. Thank god for strings...they keep Music Man going. We are trying to find the best combination of instruments and price points so it will stand alone. The backorder situation is crazy...over 9 months for a Majesty. We have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in automation, payroll and new Haas machines. We have replaced our production management....Im sorry if we discontinue a product you have your heart set on....as I've said if there are a bunch of orders for something it doesnt get discontinued

Great input, thanks BP. I've seen you guys go from strength to strength since I bought my first Ray, and now you are absolutely killing it with new guitars/basses and new options.

I'm glad I bought a Big Al 5 SSS...it is one of the best basses I own, apart from my Classic 5 Ray. The fact they aren't made now makes it kinda cool.

Good things can't always last forever. Enjoy all the super cool new options guys, I know I will!
    2010 Stingray 5 HS White/Tort/Rw
    2011 Stingray 4 H 3 Band EQ Vintage Sunburst/Black/Mp w/flame/birdseye figuring
    2011 Big Al 5 SSS Vintage Sunburst/Tort/Rw
    2011 Sterling 5 HS Tobacco Burst/Black/Rw
    2011 Stingray 5 Classic Natural/Black/Birdseye Mp
    2012 Bongo 5 HH Tangerine Pearl/Black
    2013 Bongo 5 HS Sky Blue/Vintage White Pearl
    2013 Stingray 5 HH Honeyburst/White/Mp
    2014 Albert Lee HH Vintage Sunburst/Tort/ALL Rw!
    2016 Stingray HH Guitar Black/Black/Rw

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post

The explanation is really appreciated but it might be worth considering the upshot of these posts when other models are due to be discontinued. A little warning could go a long way to alleviate disappointment. Meanwhile, back to the drawing board for me.
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!

PM'd you Alistair

Just part of the deal. I don't know how many guitars I really wanted that I've missed over the years, usually because they went out of production before I could put together the money to buy them. I've managed to actually nab a few of those on the used market. Others, I've never found the one that was just right for me. If you've got a grail, you'll find it eventually. I found one last summer after 25-plus years of searching -- exactly the one that I wanted way back in my poor college days in pristine condition. They're out there.

It's a business, and EBMM isn't the only one with this issue. I was shopping for a different guitar brand at one point last year and ended up not buying one because the model that I liked didn't come in a finish and configuration that I wanted (without going to a $4k custom, which wasn't in the budget).

The lesson I've learned over the years with so many getting away, is if it's one you really must have in your collection, find a way to get it now. That's why I made my starry night happen last year (and even with it, I couldn't get a piezo because that option had been discontinued on the ASS). There's no guarantee you'll be able to get it later.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

This happens with all kinds of consumer goods. I can't count the number of times I've waited to buy something, only to find that it was discontinued.