Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh, Why?! (frustrated w/EBMM rant)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Guys you have to realize that we gave the trade all the information this weekend. Contrary to popular belief NAMM is for the wholesale buyers. Hard to believe but many dealers complained that we were telling the public first and the dealers last. It's also hard to please everyone...especially here. Also you have to understand that if a guitar I mentioned as a tease on my facebook page didnt happen there is a good reason....some reasons are not public...but usually it wasnt ready in time is the best explanation.

We are fighting every day. Thank god for strings...they keep Music Man going. We are trying to find the best combination of instruments and price points so it will stand alone. The backorder situation is crazy...over 9 months for a Majesty. We have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in automation, payroll and new Haas machines. We have replaced our production management....Im sorry if we discontinue a product you have your heart set on....as I've said if there are a bunch of orders for something it doesnt get discontinued

Open and transparent...I hope this is an example....
    +1 (honest for sure)

JPXI Sledge
    JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    JPXVI 7 Black Lava
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost (on order)
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    MONARCHY MAJESTY 7 Black Knight (on order)
    NOMAC MAJESTY (#11) Timeworn Matte Silver

Blog Entries
    As I said before we are making decisions that are backed by consumer demand, distributor input, dealer input and financial analysis. Notice would be a good thing but with the pipeline what it is that is sometimes impractical.

Have all of you searched the dealer stock or what is in the on order pipeline? Have you contacted customer service to assist you in locating the instrument (S) you had your heart set on?

Here is what I will do....if you are serious about what you want I will try to find one for you. I will expect that you will purchase it because you have been so disappointed and critical of us....Try to separate the dream of someday not being able to buy a new one from the anger that we pulled the rug out from under you at the cash register. Please post on this thread what you wish to buy.

I played a Reflex yesterday. Told Derek "This is my favorite failure"
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by spychocyco View Post
    Ö

The lesson I've learned over the years with so many getting away, is if it's one you really must have in your collection, find a way to get it now. That's why I made my starry night happen last year (and even with it, I couldn't get a piezo because that option had been discontinued on the ASS). There's no guarantee you'll be able to get it later.
    +1 on this, but also I've noticed that almost all the guitars I've really put effort into finding, I've eventually found them on the used market. YMMV.
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2012 - Albert Lee SSS - White Pearl
    2014 - Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow (Reflex mod) - Black Cherry Burst
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

Here is what I will do....if you are serious about what you want I will try to find one for you. I will expect that you will purchase it because you have been so disappointed and critical of us....Try to separate the dream of someday not being able to buy a new one from the anger that we pulled the rug out from under you at the cash register. Please post on this thread what you wish to buy.

"

What other company would do this for their players. I really hope everyone looking for discontinued stuff is able to take up the offer. Canít think of anywhere else where the CEO would personally source for you.
    Last edited by TrapperJ; 02-02-2018 at 10:32 AM.

I have never dealt with a company as open and transparent as EBMM. The simple fact is that NAMM is the time when most of these things are announced. If they give a heads up that something is going to be discontinued, then some dealers may figure "well lets just stop advertising it now". Also, most dealers know that NAMM is coming, and are anticipating that as the time they will place large orders. Another thing is that especially with this many changes, everything is already well in progress BEFORE NAMM, so that they can start taking orders immediately. They also had to make the demo guitars that they brought to NAMM.

My ONLY real gripe is that Blue Dawn is only available on the St. Vincent 2H.....
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    The simple fact is that NAMM is the time when most of these things are announced.
    +1. If they had announced it 3 months before NAMM, this thread would have been made 3 months ago. They have to announce discontinuations sometime.
    EBMM Stingray 4 HH Stealth Pearl
    EBMM Bongo 5 HH Stealth Black
    SBMM SUB 4
    Oscar Schmidt Acoustic

Ceo offering to find your dream guitar himself. Artist, for whom the guitar was designed, extremely kind and helpful on Facebook fan group(and in real life). How can one beat this?
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

As I said before we are making decisions that are backed by consumer demand, distributor input, dealer input and financial analysis. Notice would be a good thing but with the pipeline what it is that is sometimes impractical.

Have all of you searched the dealer stock or what is in the on order pipeline? Have you contacted customer service to assist you in locating the instrument (S) you had your heart set on?

EPIC!!

PS. Is there anything I can do for an Aluminium Top JPXI? Just kidding, but you know what they say, ask and thou shalt receive =D

JPXI Sledge
    JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    JPXVI 7 Black Lava
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost (on order)
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    MONARCHY MAJESTY 7 Black Knight (on order)
    NOMAC MAJESTY (#11) Timeworn Matte Silver

Thanks for making the Reflex/25th, BP. It's my favorite too. I hope it will someday make a comeback or maybe see the chambered body on some different models.

Also, this is why I love this forum so much. The CEO going out of his way to find a user a guitar is amazing.
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2012 - Albert Lee SSS - White Pearl
    2014 - Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow (Reflex mod) - Black Cherry Burst
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

I sure hope Kinjin comes back to see this and takes up BP on the VERY kind offer to find his dream guitar. What an awesome place - and an awesome company.
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

BP rocks!
    EBMM Rocks!

Life is short, if there's something you really want, you'll find a way to get it.
    If it's on your 'someday' list, well.... someday never comes....

*my 'someday' list is pretty long, and I'm OK with that...
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone. BP I appreciate everything you and EBMM do and love the guitars and basses you all make, I understand it was a business decision, as I said I just wish there'd been some notice, like the last time you all were going to discontinue different colors and options across a bunch of the product line.

I have indeed contacted customer support, As of an hour ago, Billy@EBMM replied via email stating "Unfortunately, no dealers have that in stock."

Attempting to purchase an Albert Lee in Pink Burst SSS with tremolo with matching headstock. Thanks again BP!

Regards,
    -Joe
    Last edited by Kinjin; 02-02-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: edited to specify trem
    BFR Axis Quilt Amethyst Burst 12/17/2008
    JP Majesty Arctic Dream 04/17/2014
    Stingray 4H Pacific Blue Burst 09/04/2014
    Albert Lee SSS Pacific Blue Burst 09/22/2015
    JP7 Mystic Dream 01/30/2017

....I played a Reflex yesterday. Told Derek "This is my favorite failure"
    I still don't understand that one. My 25th is the best guitar I've ever played or owned. Next best is my AL.
    It just baffles me that hit a grand slam and nobody was there to notice.
    Go figure. :/
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

....I played a Reflex yesterday. Told Derek "This is my favorite failure"

Yup, my 25th is the best I've ever played too. The way it feels, the way it plays, the way it sustains, the resonance, the sound, the range of tones. Out of the park. It's the guitar equivalent of Marty McFly playing Johnny B.Goode - folks just weren't ready for it yet!
    2009 Musicman 25th Anniversary, maple neck and trem.
    2008 PRS Custom 22 Soapbar
    Squier Classic Vibe Thinline Tele
    1974 Fender Stratocaster - I bought it new!
    Crafter SA Hybrid
    Ibanez TM71T
    Dr Z Maz 38 Snr NR 2 X 10

Thanks BP. Blueberry Quilt Luke 2 BFR please, ideally new in case, not demo stock (I'm a fussy bugger about dings and scraches). One problem, it has to get to the UK! I've been through every dealer in the UK and those I know in Europe and none has one. Pro Music Tools have a few different NOS BFRs but not the Blueberry Quilt.

Did find a flame top offered at Project Music in the UK, but that was presold when I got in touch with the dealer. I've trawled the US dealers over the last week, as well as Reverb and eBay, and the only guitar that matches is in Japan, but the price they're asking, once you factor in 25% UK import tax, is £6000! I was quoted £2950 from my dealer in December which is what I've budgeted for.

If you can find one, great, I'll take it. If not, no worries, thanks for trying. I'll just have to trawl the second hand market and see if a mint one turns up. You never know!
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!