Ernie Ball CRNR Slash
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ugh, Why?! (frustrated w/EBMM rant)

Some seriously amazing offers and company information in this thread.

Good luck to those searching.
    And to those building and running things looking out for those searching
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

Blog Entries
    am searching...will get back to you..Jay Dawg what are you wanting? thanks
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

It is KBaim! Very kind offer. BTW, I still have your demo CD from years ago when I bought my first Luke 2 and you sent it so I could hear the tones!
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    am searching...will get back to you..Jay Dawg what are you wanting? thanks
    There were 3 I was planning on purchasing this year. 2 you technically still make but were changed. A JP6 in mystic dream w/piezo. I actually found 3 still available. I like the chrome hardware and tuners pre 2018. The next is a Stingray 4H in black with a maple fretboard. I’m not opposed to the new one with the roasted neck as I love those and the last and probably my biggest priority is the Game Changer HSH with piezo and tremolo bridge. I bought another one last year to replace my first one that I had to sell a few years back. When the 30th Anniversary Stingray 5 was announced, I returned it to order the 30th Anniversary but planned on buying another one this year.

I appreciate all you guys do BP and also appreciate the offer. The entire reason why I want to get my store opened is to sell EBMM guitars and basses more than any other brand. I understand why you guys are having to do what you’re doing. My frustration lies more with the stores I have visited not having product knowledge and having an attitude of the customer already knows what they want. All we need to do is ring up their sale. To me, that is lazy and no way to build a customer relationship. I think it was in February, a customer was checking out a Classic. He didn’t know a lot about it so I educated him and told him about EBMM. As a result, he ended up buying the Classic. Then in September, same situation. I went to buy my Bongo 5HH in barolo metallic purple and roasted neck. Another guy is playing an Old Smoothie. Salesman again can’t answer questions. I did and the guy bought the Old Smoothie. How many other people just at that store were potential future customers of EBMM? Seeing that pisses me off and now hopefully, if I am able to come on as a dealer, I can sell more guitars and basses for EBMM and help grow the brand.

BP, again I really do appreciate all you and everyone at the company does. I also understand everything you are saying but because you may have someone saving up for a year in some cases to buy an EBMM guitar or bass, and as far as they know, the instrument will be available after they have saved up. Why not in that final month when orders can be placed for the current model year instruments and or finishes a post be made and dealers informed that says, “Hey, we are thinking of discontinuing this color on this instrument or we are thinking of discontinuing this model so if anyone wants one, orders for them need to be placed by X date.” That way, those that are saving up can place an order, pay a deposit and then have 5 or 6 months to save up for it knowing it may be going away.

If there are reasons that you can’t, then I understand but it is just an idea I thought I would share.

@JayDawg if you’re looking for a Game Changer HSH w/ piezo, give Dan at Dan’s Guitars in Honolulu Hawaii a call he has one that is new old stock. I played it today along with one of the reserve St. Vincent’s and Steve Morse.

They’re closed on a Sunday’s but open the rest of the week. *(808) 942-2900‬ If you call let him know that Scott Y. sent you.
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2014 - Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow (Reflex mod) - Black Cherry Burst
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst
    2017 - St. Vincent - Stealth Black

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

Is that the black one?

I need to get some strings. Maybe I'll stop by on Monday and take a photo of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kimonostereo View Post
    @JayDawg if you’re looking for a Game Changer HSH w/ piezo, give Dan at Dan’s Guitars in Honolulu Hawaii a call he has one that is new old stock.
    "Jeff Porcaro's equipment speaks for itself"

Silhouette HSH
    Ernie Ball Strings

Quote Originally Posted by Eilif View Post
    Is that the black one?

I need to get some strings. Maybe I'll stop by on Monday and take a photo of it.
    Yep! That's the one. Check out that St. Vincent while you're there! First time playing one and now I'm kinda thinking I should get one…
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2014 - Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow (Reflex mod) - Black Cherry Burst
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst
    2017 - St. Vincent - Stealth Black

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    BP, again I really do appreciate all you and everyone at the company does. I also understand everything you are saying but because you may have someone saving up for a year in some cases to buy an EBMM guitar or bass, and as far as they know, the instrument will be available after they have saved up. Why not in that final month when orders can be placed for the current model year instruments and or finishes a post be made and dealers informed that says, “Hey, we are thinking of discontinuing this color on this instrument or we are thinking of discontinuing this model so if anyone wants one, orders for them need to be placed by X date.” That way, those that are saving up can place an order, pay a deposit and then have 5 or 6 months to save up for it knowing it may be going away.
    +1 (at least)

JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    MAJESTY Polar Noir
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost (on order)
    MAJESTY Iced Crimson
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    MONARCHY MAJESTY 7 Black Knight
    NOMAC MAJESTY #11 Timeworn Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kimonostereo View Post
    @JayDawg if you’re looking for a Game Changer HSH w/ piezo, give Dan at Dan’s Guitars in Honolulu Hawaii a call he has one that is new old stock. I played it today along with one of the reserve St. Vincent’s and Steve Morse.

They’re closed on a Sunday’s but open the rest of the week. *(808) 942-2900‬ If you call let him know that Scott Y. sent you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilif View Post
    Is that the black one?

Our island bros stepping up!
    Hey J!
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    Thanks for all of the responses, everyone. BP I appreciate everything you and EBMM do and love the guitars and basses you all make, I understand it was a business decision, as I said I just wish there'd been some notice, like the last time you all were going to discontinue different colors and options across a bunch of the product line.

I have indeed contacted customer support, As of an hour ago, Billy@EBMM replied via email stating "Unfortunately, no dealers have that in stock."

Attempting to purchase an Albert Lee in Pink Burst SSS with tremolo with matching headstock. Thanks again BP!

Regards,
    -Joe
    I will have one of those without matching headstock in stock soon.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I’ll give the store in Hawaii a call after work tomorrow. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    there has to be a deadline there is never a good way to do this stuff...what baffles me is that this forum has become so focused on unintended slights and not one post about the amazing stuff that replaced it....
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

The Vincent HH and a 2018 Ray 4 HH are in my sights!
    2010 Stingray 5 HS White/Tort/Rw
    2011 Stingray 4 H 3 Band EQ Vintage Sunburst/Black/Mp w/flame/birdseye figuring
    2011 Big Al 5 SSS Vintage Sunburst/Tort/Rw
    2011 Sterling 5 HS Tobacco Burst/Black/Rw
    2011 Stingray 5 Classic Natural/Black/Birdseye Mp
    2012 Bongo 5 HH Tangerine Pearl/Black
    2013 Bongo 5 HS Sky Blue/Vintage White Pearl
    2013 Stingray 5 HH Honeyburst/White/Mp
    2014 Albert Lee HH Vintage Sunburst/Tort/ALL Rw!
    2016 Stingray HH Guitar Black/Black/Rw

When I eventually learn to play bass I want a 2018 stingray. That sunburst with 2 pickups - that’s the one
    I’m a little guy so the weight reduction appeals greatly.
    Trem valentine is next up tho

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    there has to be a deadline there is never a good way to do this stuff...what baffles me is that this forum has become so focused on unintended slights and not one post about the amazing stuff that replaced it....
    If the Luke 25th is still a possibility, even if distant, I could be persuaded to wait and go that route instead. The purple is nice but I'm of the firm belief all Lukes should be blue! Carbon Blue on my old Luke 2 and Neptune Blue on my III PDN!
    Last edited by Alistair Taylor; 02-05-2018 at 05:24 AM.
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!