EBMM Stingray bass green
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ugh, Why?! (frustrated w/EBMM rant)

Blog Entries
    I like blue too!.

In order to innovate and try new things we have to cycle out slower or non sellers....on the r and d project lest are 16 new instruments and we cant introduce them because we cant make them
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Blog Entries
    OK here it is on the Luke 2. From AJ in customer service. Tough to get beat up over a guitar that we cancelled that not a soul on the planet wanted or bought in 18 months.

"The Luke 3 really put the Luke 2 out of business. We did 5 total last year, no blueberry quilt.

There's nothing coming through the pipeline at all. The last time we shipped any Blueberry Luke 2 was 2016. One to Willcutt Guitars (they don't have it) and one to Music Info in Poland. "
    Two requests, please
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Thanks for trying, anyway. Appreciate it, I really do. Now I have to wonder if that Japanese one is worth the mark up!
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I like blue too!.

In order to innovate and try new things we have to cycle out slower or non sellers....on the r and d project lest are 16 new instruments and we cant introduce them because we cant make them
    Is that because they need a different manufacturing setup? or is it because if the back orders for the current catalogue?
    These insights are great btw.

Only 5 luke 2's last year?
    Welp.

God rest their lovely souls then
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

Quote Originally Posted by kbaim View Post
    Only 5 luke 2's last year?
    Welp.

God rest their lovely souls then
    No joke! Case closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not surprised - I back to backed a Luke and a luke 3 recently and I would have bought the luke 3 if I was buying. Nothing wrong with the luke really, just the 3 has something more

I'm the opposite. Had both and much prefer the Luke 2. The EMGs were part of Luke's sound through the years I grew up loving his playing, through the Valley Arts years and into the Luke 1 and 2. They cut through the grease far more potently than the Transitions. Guess it's the second hand market now! Or go back to my hunt for a Valley Arts Lukather but those are like gold dust. Been looking for one for 20 years now!
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!

Agreed re. EMG being a huge part of Luke's sound for literally decades, at least since c. 1980. I can hear them on the "Turn Back" album from 1981, and they've been on every Toto album ever since until recently.

I have a love/hate relationship with active pickups, and although the Luke 2 was my first guitar, I don't have one now and would likely also choose the Luke 3 over one with EMGs (sorry, Keith!).

Having said that, if I wanted the EMGs, I think a Silhouette Special with the EMG SLV/SLV/85 set would be the next best thing to the Luke 2. For me, it would be better, as I much prefer the Silhouette neck to the Luke neck. Maybe one day I'll go this route.

As for blue, I love it! I'd get all my guitars in Pacific Blue Burst if I could, and Neptune Blue was just impossible to resist. My first EBMM was Blue Pearl. I guess I'm in the minority.
    "Jeff Porcaro's equipment speaks for itself"

Silhouette HSH
    Ernie Ball Strings

Sorry but I think I had one customer that was interested in a Luke 2 after LIII came out.
    The success with LIII is huge and people who still likes the old Lukather sound is free to mount EMGs on there LIII.
    It’s a really few people that is buying EMGs at all now.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I think the Luke (2) has a slightly smaller body than the Luke III.
    Luke 2: 12-3/16" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 36-7/16" long (31.0 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 92.6 cm long)
    Luke III: 12-1/2" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 36-15/16" long (31.75 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 93.8 cm long)

Making both at the same time is not just as simple as changing electronics sadly. If it was, it would have not been as much as an issue. But, money talks, and the Luke III harpooned the Luke 2. Steve Lukather moved on from the Luke 1, and now he's moved on from the Luke 2.

It's an artist guitar, and the artist's tastes can change over the years. Look at how many JP model guitars there have been, and how many incremental changes have been made to the original JP model since it first came out.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Any news on the Albert Lee SSS in pink burst with tremolo and matching headstock?
    BFR Axis Quilt Amethyst Burst 12/17/2008
    JP Majesty Arctic Dream 04/17/2014
    Stingray 4H Pacific Blue Burst 09/04/2014
    Axis Super Sport Semi Hollow w/Piezo Black Cherry Burst 09/08/2015
    Albert Lee SSS Pacific Blue Burst 09/22/2015
    JP7 Mystic Dream 01/30/2017

Not that I'm anybody, but I must say this is one of the best threads I've read here! Seeing folks come together and being helpful as possible. Sterling, I've seen posts from you from time to time, and I'm sure you get frustrated with some of the posts. I must admit that your posts in this thread have been insightful, transparent as you can be, and most of all helpful!!! I hope that Kinjin finds his Pinkburst Albert Lee. I hope to add one to my collection as I love Purple and Pink translucent guitars. I have my sights set on a Pink EBMM that is elsewhere. I hope the tax return arrives in time. Take care all......
    My Children
    Music Man JP6 Sky Blue
    SBMM AX40D (GC Exclusive) Officially purple but looks pink
    Peavey Wolfgang (Custom Shop) Dark Blue Flame Top, Rosewood fretboard
    Fender American (All Rosewood Neck) Daphne Blue, w/Custom Shop Fat 50's

Quote Originally Posted by beamer128 View Post
    Not that I'm anybody, but I must say this is one of the best threads I've read here! Seeing folks come together and being helpful as possible. Sterling, I've seen posts from you from time to time, and I'm sure you get frustrated with some of the posts. I must admit that your posts in this thread have been insightful, transparent as you can be, and most of all helpful!!! I hope that Kinjin finds his Pinkburst Albert Lee. I hope to add one to my collection as I love Purple and Pink translucent guitars. I have my sights set on a Pink EBMM that is elsewhere. I hope the tax return arrives in time. Take care all......
    +1!!

JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    MAJESTY Polar Noir
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost (on order)
    MAJESTY Iced Crimson
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    MONARCHY MAJESTY 7 Black Knight
    NOMAC MAJESTY #11 Timeworn Matte Silver

Blog Entries
    none anywhere....once again nobody bought pretty much any pink burst in two years
    Two requests, please
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks