Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh, Why?! (frustrated w/EBMM rant)

Thumbs down Ugh, Why?! (frustrated w/EBMM rant)

So, all set to pull the trigger on purchasing an Albert Lee SSS in pinkburst with matching headstock... annnnd EBMM has told my dealer that Pink Burst is no longer available, only finish available going forward is Tobacco Burst as of NAMM.

Well, I guess I'm not buying a new Albert Lee!

Very frustrated right now, this really blows.
    BFR Axis Quilt Amethyst Burst 12/17/2008
    JP Majesty Arctic Dream 04/17/2014
    Stingray 4H Pacific Blue Burst 09/04/2014
    Axis Super Sport Semi Hollow w/Piezo Black Cherry Burst 09/08/2015
    Albert Lee SSS Pacific Blue Burst 09/22/2015
    JP7 Mystic Dream 01/30/2017

Unfortunately ... that's what happens when options change. From that perspective. EBMM is no different than other companies who have to make the same calls.

Perhaps you can find one in stock somewhere? If you email MM, they can direct you to someone with one. There are lots out there in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Unfortunately ... that's what happens when options change. From that perspective. EBMM is no different than other companies who have to make the same calls.

Perhaps you can find one in stock somewhere? If you email MM, they can direct you to someone with one. There are lots out there in the wild.
    Tried that, they responded asking for my Zip code to see if there were any near me, which I replied to, and I've gotten no response.

What sucks is there has been no official "press release", announcement or notification on these forums, nor on FB, etc akin to what they did last time when options were being discontinued and so on. Again, just really frustrated; it's not as if there are a ton of color options available for it- hell, Pink Burst is still the one and only color shown on the EBMM website.
    BFR Axis Quilt Amethyst Burst 12/17/2008
    JP Majesty Arctic Dream 04/17/2014
    Stingray 4H Pacific Blue Burst 09/04/2014
    Axis Super Sport Semi Hollow w/Piezo Black Cherry Burst 09/08/2015
    Albert Lee SSS Pacific Blue Burst 09/22/2015
    JP7 Mystic Dream 01/30/2017

NAMM *just* ended. I'm sure it's been all hands on deck getting ready for that. You're going to have to give them a wee bit of time to respond and get the site updated.

I think that all MM I own now are discontinued models (Axis Sport, Al MM90, 25th Anniversary, EVH and piezo equipped super sport)

It shows that my taste are very different from the rest of crowd some models were already discontinued when I got them.

That being said you can always find a second hand AL in pink burst. The model is just discontinued so check quickly couple of key dealers I’m sure you will find your holy grail
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

Wow, I’m surprised. Thought that would stay forever with it being Alberts signature colour

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    NAMM *just* ended. I'm sure it's been all hands on deck getting ready for that. You're going to have to give them a wee bit of time to respond and get the site updated.
    There is pinkburst stock out there already - I think you will be able to track one down (And possibly get a deal as it will be NOS) the thrill is in the chase.

Pinkburst is a beautiful colour my BFR AL was like an pink lollipop of beauty. Stunning colour but change is a good thing, also whilst they need to make instruments for artists if stuff doesn't sell then time to change it up...

This group of knucklheads will help you find one if you're super-serious - I know of 2 in the UK new for sale.
    86934 - This EVH was completed on August 29th, 1995. Trans Red.
    G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    Wow, I’m surprised. Thought that would stay forever with it being Alberts signature colour
    The original ALs were pinkburst, but then the colour was discontinued.

It was offered again years later (after the BFR run) and looks like it wasn't a big enough seller to keep. So that's twice it's been offered.

It’s never been one I’ve liked personally. Reds and pinks don’t really float my boat. Now,that blue one with 2 MM90,well now we are talking.
    Kinjin- call customer service - they can tell you if any dealers have one in stock and will put you in the right direction

Here is one I found with a quick Ebay search. Didn't really look any further.

MUSIC MAN Albert Lee Pink Burst electric guitar | eBay
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

I’ve seen em for sale. Better get it soon, I’ve found once they’re gone it’s a long wait sometimes to find one.
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple (HSS, Floyd)
    '11 JP6 Pearl White (Loaded)
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 PDN Axis Honey Burst
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset (Floyd)
    '12 JPX Barolo

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    yup... had all intentions of adding one of those some day. Thank goodness for the used market I guess....
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!

The fantastic and original pinkburst being replaced by "el cheapo" sunburst...I'll never understand the market.

And as for the used market... the pinkburst don't pop-up that often!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

So much about discontinued color
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

I have one of the last SSS pink burst on order to the music store located in Sweden, not sure when it will arrive.
    My mail is
    Mathias@mug.se

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk