EBMM Stingray bass pink

Thread: Evh Sunburst 1991 serial #80850

User Info Menu

Evh Sunburst 1991 serial #80850

So I'm still searching for this guitar, the reason I joined the forum years ago. I still check everyday any possible post pertaining to my baby that I sold, and never got over. Make a story short I was a little kid , saved all my money to buy the most incredible guitar at age 13. Lotta scratch for a kid. I'm 40. I sold it like a fool and It never leaves my mind. I screwed up bad. I want it back. I loved it. Music man as you know make such incredible instruments, also the sentimental value is unimaginable. So guys, just throwing it out there again. Haven't been on here for a while , maybe someone has some info. Van Halen model 1991 serial #80850 sunburst

Thanks in advance. Giacomo

Ps. I'll trade you a holy grail Marshall 1967 200 watt major for it
    Axis "tribute" Solid Gold
    Marshal plexi 1987 x Modded
    Thd Bivalve
    Marshall cabs
    Garbage strats , a pile of them
    2005 Les Paul Premium Plus
    A bunch of Danelectro's
    1967 200 watt Marshall major

User Info Menu

Good luck with your search.
    BTW, there are a few good unofficial Facebook groups that would probably be worth your time; try posting your serial number and a picture over there as well. "Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars" (7k members), "EBMM EVH Van Halen Guitars" (2k members) and "EBMM, Peavey, EVH WolfGang- Owners ,Players, and Enthusiasts" (1.6k members).

User Info Menu

Thanks dude
    Thd Bivalve
    Marshall cabs
    A bunch of Danelectro's

User Info Menu

While we're reminiscing, I've always hoped that my old 2000 Axis in emerald green would show back up somewhere online. I bought it in 2002 or 2003 on Ebay for $650, and a few months later I snagged an original Music Man G&G hardcase for it for like $30 on Ebay.

Telltale sign is the dull pick scratches on the top. Serial G09710.
    Evh Sunburst 1991 serial #80850-3568-jpgEvh Sunburst 1991 serial #80850-3567-jpg

User Info Menu

Personally, I would just find a different one. EBMM guitars are so consistent. Chances are good you could find one that plays just as great. Sure it wouldn't be THAT one, but sometimes you just need to learn from mistakes, and not give up the second one you get.

Unless of course you already have an armada of EVH EBMMS and none of them is as good as that one was.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

I totally agree. I have an axis. This is purely sentimental. Besides I think every guitar regardless of the manufacturer has its own feel. This one was special.
    Thd Bivalve
    Marshall cabs
    A bunch of Danelectro's

User Info Menu

I’ll keep my eyes open for you ....where was it sold ?

User Info Menu

I typed in evh and 80850 in google - man you really want it back :-) your search is all over the place. good luck man and I hope it hasnīt ended up in japan or so, where you couldnīt read the language.
    Mick
    EVH transblack 1995 slightly faded
    Silhouette transteal 1994 (updated with a compensated nut!)

Mickīs Guitar Center
    Landshut/Germany
    www.facebook.com/MicksGuitarCenter
    "We offer extremly high quality & extremly low prices! - Pick one!"

User Info Menu

I sold it from New Jersey on eBay to a guy named Rudy Chavez, in ranch cucamonga california. I was dumb and young and didn't hold onto any of his info. And I cannot find him.
    Thd Bivalve
    Marshall cabs
    A bunch of Danelectro's

User Info Menu

It just seems strange that such a rare guitar wouldn't be anywhere in cyberspace. Or on this forum. I expect anyone that has an evh ebmm to show it off.
    Thd Bivalve
    Marshall cabs
    A bunch of Danelectro's

User Info Menu

Maybe it's been destroyed? Or stolen? I don't care if someone nicked it and is hiding it, just inbox me and I'll keep my mouth shut and buy it back. It's just so odd that it's impossible to find. This is a piece of history and also a very hi end guitar. People don't just buy them and treat them like firewood. It's my goal to get it back. I feel like I sold out, a real loss. Strange right? But I'm a guitar player. And that was my baby.
    Thd Bivalve
    Marshall cabs
    A bunch of Danelectro's