Ernie Ball Paradigm
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Sterling Neptune Blue?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NW Burbs - Chicago
    Posts
    361

    Sterling Neptune Blue?

    Iím curious if anyone has more details on this Neptune Blue run on the Sterling side of the business... what models offered, etc.

    Part of me is a little annoyed that there is now a Neptune Blue release from the Sterling side of the fence (diluting the exclusivity of the color) after I made purchases/investments during the Ď14 PDN run. Not trying to torpedo or troll here, just venting.

    Flash

    AXIS | 2012 | TRIBUTE | Purple
    AXIS | 2012 | PDN | Honeyburst
    AXIS | 2014 | PDN | BFR | Neptune Blue
    AXIS | 2014 | PDN | MM90 | Neptune Blue

    AXIS | 2016 | PDN | Starry Night
    AXIS | 2014 | Honey Burst | All Rosewood Neck

    SILO | 1996 | Trans Teal | Floyd Rose | Recessed Neckplate
    SILO Special | 2012 | PDN | Trem | Honeyburst
    20TH Anny SILO #1 | Hardtail
    20TH Anny SILO #2 | Hardtail

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Colorado
    Posts
    1,840
    I just signed on as a Sterling by Music Man dealer for my new store. I ordered a JP 150 in Neptune Blue that should be here on Wednesday. I am excited to see it in person too. When I get it in, I can post some pics if you like.

    The models available in Neptune Blue are
    JP 150
    JP 157

    Ray 34
    Ray 35
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/JRalston/7d65a184-4304-464d-9f3a-c83a9712dbe8_zps69d1fb3d.jpg
    Stingray Classic 4H D.O.B. 07/09/10 Breast Cancer Awareness Bass Shell Pink
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 12/28/10 Black Sugar BFR Roasted Neck
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 03/26/14 Candy Apple Red All Rosewood Neck
    Stingray 5H D.O.B. 06/25/13 Black
    30th Anniversary Stingray 5H D.O.B. 02/28/17 Transparent Buttercream
    Bongo 5HH D.O.B. 03/16/17 Barolo Metallic Purple w/ Roasted Maple Neck

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Colorado
    Posts
    1,840
    Here ya go.

    Sterling Neptune Blue?-76515ed4-7abd-47d5-ab82-abd47a2c800e-jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/JRalston/7d65a184-4304-464d-9f3a-c83a9712dbe8_zps69d1fb3d.jpg
    Stingray Classic 4H D.O.B. 07/09/10 Breast Cancer Awareness Bass Shell Pink
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 12/28/10 Black Sugar BFR Roasted Neck
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 03/26/14 Candy Apple Red All Rosewood Neck
    Stingray 5H D.O.B. 06/25/13 Black
    30th Anniversary Stingray 5H D.O.B. 02/28/17 Transparent Buttercream
    Bongo 5HH D.O.B. 03/16/17 Barolo Metallic Purple w/ Roasted Maple Neck

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I’m curious if anyone has more details on this Neptune Blue run on the Sterling side of the business... what models offered, etc.

    Part of me is a little annoyed that there is now a Neptune Blue release from the Sterling side of the fence (diluting the exclusivity of the color) after I made purchases/investments during the ‘14 PDN run. Not trying to torpedo or troll here, just venting.
    guys your welcome here Log into Facebook | Facebook



    Dream Theater - The Enemy Inside (Instrumental Cover) sterling jp157 - YouTube

    Beyond The Mirror - Andres Nunez - YouTube

    2017 Sterling JP150 Neptune Blue - YouTube
    Last edited by Nhoj; 02-14-2018 at 03:34 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    7

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    7

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    464
    Does that neck have some figuring? Looks like it may from this pic. Most of the JP150 necks I've seen are pretty plain.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    Here ya go.

    Sterling Neptune Blue?-76515ed4-7abd-47d5-ab82-abd47a2c800e-jpg
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

    http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Central Connecticut (Manchester) USA
    Posts
    9,175
    Quote Originally Posted by spychocyco View Post
    Does that neck have some figuring? Looks like it may from this pic. Most of the JP150 necks I've seen are pretty plain.
    They are typically roasted maple with no figuring. We have been lucky enough to have a few "happy accidents" where the JP150 and JP157 arrived with birdseye fretboards.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Central Connecticut (Manchester) USA
    Posts
    9,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Iím curious if anyone has more details on this Neptune Blue run on the Sterling side of the business... what models offered, etc.

    Part of me is a little annoyed that there is now a Neptune Blue release from the Sterling side of the fence (diluting the exclusivity of the color) after I made purchases/investments during the Ď14 PDN run. Not trying to torpedo or troll here, just venting.
    The 2014 Neptune Blue package was so popular on the USA instruments that in 2017 SBMM received permission to use a similar color (with the same name) on the JP150/157 and the Ray. There are some minor differences in the colors between the two manufacturers, and the USA version came with African Mahogany bodys, highly figured roasted maple necks, and stainless steel frets. The SBMM version does not have those changes, just the same name for the color. You can no longer order this color on a new MusicMan, so the exclusivity of the "Neptune Blue Package" is still there.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    They are typically roasted maple with no figuring. We have been lucky enough to have a few "happy accidents" where the JP150 and JP157 arrived with birdseye fretboards.
    My SB4 bass was one of those happy accidents, sort of. It has one little lonely birdseye on the neck.

    I've been on the fence for the last year on the JP150, but a little birdseye might push me over.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

    http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Colorado
    Posts
    1,840
    Here is a close up on the neck of the one SBMM sent me. No birdseye but the neck looks and feels great.
    Sterling Neptune Blue?-79edd955-931b-4eab-83af-c6602525a3c2-jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/JRalston/7d65a184-4304-464d-9f3a-c83a9712dbe8_zps69d1fb3d.jpg
    Stingray Classic 4H D.O.B. 07/09/10 Breast Cancer Awareness Bass Shell Pink
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 12/28/10 Black Sugar BFR Roasted Neck
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 03/26/14 Candy Apple Red All Rosewood Neck
    Stingray 5H D.O.B. 06/25/13 Black
    30th Anniversary Stingray 5H D.O.B. 02/28/17 Transparent Buttercream
    Bongo 5HH D.O.B. 03/16/17 Barolo Metallic Purple w/ Roasted Maple Neck

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NW Burbs - Chicago
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    The 2014 Neptune Blue package was so popular on the USA instruments that in 2017 SBMM received permission to use a similar color (with the same name) on the JP150/157 and the Ray. There are some minor differences in the colors between the two manufacturers, and the USA version came with African Mahogany bodys, highly figured roasted maple necks, and stainless steel frets. The SBMM version does not have those changes, just the same name for the color. You can no longer order this color on a new MusicMan, so the exclusivity of the "Neptune Blue Package" is still there.
    Thanks Pete!

    Flash

    AXIS | 2012 | TRIBUTE | Purple
    AXIS | 2012 | PDN | Honeyburst
    AXIS | 2014 | PDN | BFR | Neptune Blue
    AXIS | 2014 | PDN | MM90 | Neptune Blue

    AXIS | 2016 | PDN | Starry Night
    AXIS | 2014 | Honey Burst | All Rosewood Neck

    SILO | 1996 | Trans Teal | Floyd Rose | Recessed Neckplate
    SILO Special | 2012 | PDN | Trem | Honeyburst
    20TH Anny SILO #1 | Hardtail
    20TH Anny SILO #2 | Hardtail

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Paradigm