Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?

Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?

Hello friends,

Today I Just bought a 2007 Y2D. But I'm very concerned about its neck. There is a bit curvy side (just some small part of it) on it and feels like it is offset like it might be damaged. Owner said no. After some searching photos from different angles on the internet, I am still not convinced. Then I convinced myself about it that if the neck would fit it then it should be curved as well which is dumb. A part of it is completely flat but you can feel the other part. Anyways I wanted to ask your help about it, because I have zero experience about EBMMs this is the very first one I have ever tried and owned. Well here are the photos, thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-20180214_011923-jpg   Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-20180214_011825-jpg   Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-20180214_012145-jpg   Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-20180214_011900-jpg  
    Last edited by Lyth; 02-13-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Do you have a picture from the front and/or sides? Is there a bit of the neck pocket sticking out past the neck? It's kinda hard to see what you're talking about with only pictures from the back.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Im trying to post on my phone and it wont let me add the ones from the side and front. Yea there is a bit of part sticks out because it is curvy, but the rest is completely flat with the neck. I'll post photos as soon as I can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-image-jpg   Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-image-jpg   Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-image-jpg   Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-image-jpg  
    Last edited by Lyth; 02-13-2018 at 05:02 PM.

I have at least one or two Y2Ds and don’t see anything funny here...

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

I take it the concern is with how the body of the guitar seems to stick out a little further than the bolted-on neck? Apart from aesthetics, that makes no difference and is nothing to worry about at all. My bolt-on neck guitars all vary slightly in regard to how flush they are to the body.

Are the strings evenly spaced from side to side on the neck? Check the distances of the high E and low E to their respective edges of the neck. If that is good, you should be all set! If not, somebody here can show you how to shift the neck slightly one way or the other.

Enjoy your new Morse!

I see nothing in your pics that would concern me.

Ahh, Now I see it, and that's normal. My Steve Morse has that kind of shape as well. Looks like a great guitar! The neck looks like it is a bit dirty though. Could probably use the Wonder Wipe treatment.

Looks pretty normal to me too.

Looks quite normal for me but I donīt really get the problem, the curved shape of the body, next to the neck seems to be normal. If you feel, we donīt get the problem right you might want to mark the questionable area in your pics

Congrats to your new guitar! How does it play and sound?
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: DREiNS, Shelter50, The BlueScream

Thank all of you guys for quick responses. I'll mark the area I mentioned as soon as I get home. I got the guitar from another city, it sounds and plays like dream. Even though I always played thinner necks, this one has a different and unique feel to it. I guess EBMM necks live up to their reputation for real. ����

Here's a few pictures of the neck joint on my morse. It's the same type of neck joint they use on a lot of their guitars.

Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-img_1856-jpgSteve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-img_1857-jpgSteve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-img_1858-jpg

I marked the part I 've mentioned
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-y2d-jpg  

The neck may have shifted a little bit, or sometimes the wood can change a bit over time due to the pressure from the neck plate. I wouldn't worry about it. If you look at my pictures, you can see that part on my neck joint is almost the opposite, with the neck being a bit farther out than the body.

this is how my Standard Morse looks.
    I would have no worries with yours. I donīt see anythind suspicious
    Steve Morse Y2D neck: Is this normal?-2018-02-16-00-58-51-jpg
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: DREiNS, Shelter50, The BlueScream

Thank you very much guys, I appreciate the help. Have a nice day!