Flat Ribbon
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: endorsees and the troll post

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7enderbender View Post
    In a way I hope EBMM doesn't grow much bigger and remains one of those top quality "almost insider" companies. Those in the know appreciate what they get. The whole endorsement thing might also be unnecessary, especially in the more premium segment. Do I really buy a guitar because XY & Z plays one?
    I love how small EBMM is but I still think they should do endorsements for the publicity/exposure. Being exposed and ramping up production are two different. The more people get interested in the company and the fewer instruments they make, the more of an "insider company" they become (which I love)
    EBMM Stingray 4 HH Stealth Pearl
    SBMM SUB 4 Custom: Space Bass Refinish Aguilar OBP 3TK PP pre, Nordstrand pup, and GK3B Divided pup
    Oscar Schmidt Acoustic

4 string bass>Roland GR 55 synth>EHX 95000 Performance Looper = endless entertainment

User Info Menu

If I am going to get a Signature model, I usually like it to be one that is from an artist that has worked with the same company for years, and built a relationship. I would want something that isn't just a name slapped on a slightly customized model.

When an endorser moves from company to company all the time *cough*EVH*cough* it really says they are more about the $$$ than about the guitar. And of course, in many of those cases, you get what is essentially a tribute model, not the same thing that they actually play. They also are guitars MADE to play. Some have some interesting features, but they are thought out with the player in mind.

With EBMM, they are what they use. High quality and long term endorsements. And they make a product that can stand up to Steve Morse's touring for 15 refrets.

What you get now though is a lot of companies that are starting off, and they offer the moon to whatever player the can get their hands on. I've never really understood this type of philosophy. Ultimately it's the product that sells itself, not the endorser.
    Last edited by tbonesullivan; 03-01-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

I endorse EBMM guitars...even if it's not the other way around!
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

I saw this year back when Tyler Bryant fresh out of high school was a promising EBMM artist and then was lured away by Fender. like all industries there are non-ethical practices. I am proud that EBMM always try to do the right thing with the resources they available to them.

During these times where larger companies have an uncertain future and the overall market shrinks I think it's critical to stick to your founding principles and always try to do the right thing.

Thank you BP and the team.
    86934 - This EVH was completed on August 29th, 1995. Trans Red.
    G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

User Info Menu

Tyler was a bit frustrating....we were there for him for many years when nobody knew who he was We gave him opportunities to raise his profile and fender lured him away...but he didnt have to go I read his wikipedia and it says that Eric Clapton invited hiim to play crossroads...not true we were a sponsor and got him he invite revisionist history Obviously he wanted what Fender wanted. Thats the way the cookie crumbles. No hard feelings.
    Last edited by Big Poppa; 03-03-2018 at 07:27 AM.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Sterling, my whole reason for wanting to start a store but have it mainly feature Ernie Ball Music Man and Sterling by Music Man was really for one purpose. To help grow and further both the Ernie Ball brand and Music Man brand. I really don’t have the desire to carry other brands because I want to only grow the EBMM brands and they are the only brands that I am passionate about. But until the store is ready and I can then sign my contract, what else can I do to help promote and grow both brands? I don’t want any money or special privileges, I just want to do whatever I can to help you guys because everyone at EBMM has been so good to both my family and I.

I don’t care if you need me to talk with other stores or potential retail stores, assist any endorsed artists coming through Colorado or whatever it is. Just let me know how I can help further and promote the brands.

User Info Menu

Sterling, I want your guitars to have a bigger footprint in the UK, but I’m not a recording artist. Is there anything I can do as a bedroom playing bum to help? I know the answer is probably no, but figured I’d ask.
    My friend runs a guitar shop locally - what could I say to him to get him on board?
    Last edited by TrapperJ; 03-03-2018 at 10:21 AM.

User Info Menu

I remember meeting Tyler at the bar near the open house ... Luke taking him aside and talking to him for ages. Talk about being given an opportunity! Man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post
    I endorse EBMM guitars...even if it's not the other way around!
    This!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    I remember meeting Tyler at the bar near the open house ... Luke taking him aside and talking to him for ages. Talk about being given an opportunity! Man.
    Beej I remember that too.

Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 03-03-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Look let me be clear...You cant keep everyone and Tyler made the best decision for him.....
    Two requests, please
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    Yep fing fantastic, though still not as nice as the one Pete D. had, wish we had another pic of it. But all these BFR KOA"S are great.
    Last edited by Sweat; 03-04-2018 at 02:52 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    Hey Sterling - you know that if a nice looking hunk of Koa fell into the CNC machine while it was programmed for a Morse guitar, I can guarantee it would sell... to me!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Not that I don't love the guitar, but what did it have to do with the thread?

User Info Menu

yeah why the hijack?
    Two requests, please
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks