Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: endorsees and the troll post

Coachella & SLO, California
    Blog Entries

endorsees and the troll post

The thread last week was locked...someone had an axe to pun intended.

I'll try to explain....

Endorsees are critical to a company from an exposure standpoint, marketing and sometimes research and development. One of the things that happens is that sometimes artists and the public think that our guitar and bass division is bigger than it truly is. We make a fraction of what Fender and Gibson make....we make less than PRS. WE have to pick our each genre there is pretty much one it's Albert....etc

Artists leave for really just a few reasons....they are unhappy that we can't or don't allocate enough time and attention to them, or they are recruited by other usually smaller companies. Sometimes they are finding what they prefer elsewhere. I'm always sorry when someone leaves us because our inability to make them the priority they believe they deserve. If the artist leaves because the lack of attention that is always tough....obviously we have to pick who we think will help us the most and where we think we can help the artist equally. Some of the artists come to namm and do signings and demos and dont draw anyone but the pillars like Morse, Petrucci, Luke, Lee, Levin pack the booth and have a huge line for autographs. Somehow they expect the same relationship...their ego was not objective.

On the's really pretty sleazy. EBMM never poaches artists and I mean never. The companies that poach make great promises and rarely do they pan out but the artist is tied to another company. If our product no longer gives them what they need that happens and I'm all about choices....that's why we dont have written contracts with any artist. We will not engage in a bidding war.

The troll poster named some players that never had a deal with us like the talented Andy James. I'm sorry we disappointed Dean Wells...I know he still looks here and I think he is a great guy and a very talented guitarist/artist. Vinny was wonderful and a really nice guy and really fun to be around along with being a great player...he still is a part of the family as he uses our strings.

Every company has transition in the people that represent them. I tend to look at who stayed and for how long.
    Last edited by Big Poppa; 02-27-2018 at 08:40 AM.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me

Please dont add me as a friend on life is an open book here as it is.

Santa Fe, NM
    BP, the rest of us forumites think you are about the coolest guy on the planet. No need to explain anything to us devotees. Keep up the great work!

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

Nottingham UK
    Interesting insight

Toronto, Canada
    BP- I too really appreciate the insight on what happens behind the scenes. It's not something I've seen elsewhere, and it's definitely why I've been at this forum so long. I'll buy the book any time you write it.

Btw, the post to which BP refers has been deleted. Guy came in with a bunch of troll posts. Not enough redeeming content to keep it. But I'm sure everyone gets the gist.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Btw, the post to which BP refers has been deleted. Guy came in with a bunch of troll posts. Not enough redeeming content to keep it. But I'm sure everyone gets the gist.
    Thanks for the context. Was trying to find the thread in question but didn't seem to be around...

Yardley, PA
    Sterling, thanks. You know that you really do not have to explain anything, but since you did and often do, it's really swell of you to do that kind of thing. I don't know any other product owner/CEO in this industry who comes online to discuss things with the folks of the forum. It really just goes to show who and what kind of company this is and on a personal level who can share this sort of thing with us. I mean, there was even a recent thread where you stepped out to help one of our guys get in touch with a retailer about an instrument that might need to be looked into due to an order mishap. Who else does this? Never sweat the small stuff.. Hey bro, just keep being you, man..
    Last edited by Dr.Strangenote; 02-27-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Poison SoCal
    All of the above represent how wonderful EBMM is.
    I don't even know which posts / poster fostered this thread, and really don't care. As soon as I see threads / posts by petty egos and/or simple ignorance, I choose to ignore them and move on. I learned a long time ago to not "feed the trolls...", and my time is way too valuable.
    Still, there has been a few times I wished this forum had an "ignore" button...
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!

Central Ohio
    It is awesome that you take the time to explain this, and at the same time, sorry you have too!!! I believe I saw on the original posts and thought it was ridiculous. Great job BP & EBMM !!!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 SSH Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM JP6 (Mystic Dream Fully Loaded)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)

Utah, United States
    Thanks for the open communications BP.

I saw that thread. Certainly not the right attitude to take coming in asking for information. I couldn't tell if the person was genuinely asking or just outright trolling.

Fact is, in almost any endeavor, people come and go for any hundreds of reasons. It's just life.
    2014 Majesty - Polar Noir
    2000 Axis - Trans Gold

Honolulu, HI
    I wanted to start a thread to thank the mods here for closing that troll post very quickly. It was apparent they were looking for a fight. I'm still not sure why folks post those kinds of things and what they're trying to accomplish by doing so.

BP's made it no secret how endorsees work with EBMM. Thanks for taking the time to say it again.
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2012 - Albert Lee SSS - White Pearl
    2014 - Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow (Reflex mod) - Black Cherry Burst
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

Sterling, Colorado

I know I will never be an EBMM endorsed artist because I lack being a big name player. But I will always endorse EBMM. When I signed on as a sales rep and artist rep to the guitar companies that I work for, I was also given endorsement deals from them. I made one request. My deals do not stop me from playing or promoting EBMM as well. I love the instruments you guys make. I don’t understand how more people don’t buy because the instruments have the best qc and play great. Even though I may never be an official EBMM artist, just know that I appreciate all that you guys do and will always promote the brand!
    Stingray Classic 4H D.O.B. 07/09/10 Breast Cancer Awareness Bass Shell Pink
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 12/28/10 Black Sugar BFR Roasted Neck
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 03/26/14 Candy Apple Red All Rosewood Neck
    Stingray 5H D.O.B. 06/25/13 Black
    30th Anniversary Stingray 5H D.O.B. 02/28/17 Transparent Buttercream
    Bongo 5HH D.O.B. 03/16/17 Barolo Metallic Purple w/ Roasted Maple Neck

This thread illustrates why I want to send more $$$ to EBMM. They do things right, and the amount of info we get from the big wigs really makes a difference.

Endorsement deals are always a crap shoot. Some companies pretty much never do them. It's a big investment.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

The grand Ball room (CA)

I sincerely appreciate the products that you and your family innovate and sell, and I sincerely appreciate your involvement in these forums and the transparency and insights that you provide into your company's operations.

You run a business and it is evident that you run it in the way that is optimal for you, your family, and your employees. Judging by the phenomenal quality of your products and your amazing customer service, you are doing everything right. I've used Slinkies forever. I bought my first EBMM in 1994, and, since then, I have purchased over 20 of your amazing instruments over the years. I will never be an endorse, but I am a thankful customer for life. You absolutely rock!
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

Good post and info BP, I responded to the troll and man he was full of anger for some reason. I like JH where it began but thought he definitely had an axe to grind for whatever reason.

Nashville TN - Louisville KY
    Gotta say I've never seen as transparent a company and CEP as EB and BP. I've seen him chime in on many posts, from trying to get people instruments they are hunting for to explaining why finishes are discontinued to dealing with troll posts with this. Way to go EB, best customer service/communication ever.
    EBMM Stingray 4 HH Stealth Pearl
    EBMM Bongo 5 HH Stealth Black
    SBMM SUB 4
    Oscar Schmidt Acoustic

Ampeg B2RE
    GK NEO 4x10 and 1x15