Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBMM price increases

All good points - no one is disputing the quality of the instruments and then being worth the money
    I would be upset if a dealer wanted to charge me 2018 price for a guitar they had in stock that was a 2017 model and therefore had arrived in stock before the price increase - I.e they hadn’t had to pay a higher price themselves for the stock
    Last edited by TrapperJ; 03-08-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Albert Lee SSS - 3tsb
    Cutlas SSS - Vintage Turquoise
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green
    FSR 50s Strat - Jetstream Blue

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    All good points - no one is disputing the quality of the instruments and then being worth the money
    I would be upset if a dealer wanted to charge me 2018 price for a guitar they had in stock that was a 2017 model and therefore had arrived in stock before the price increase - I.e they hadn’t had to pay a higher price themselves for the stock
    Unfortunately that could happen, over here it is a cost to replace mentality these days or so I have found.
    Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport Natural Quilt DOB 16/05/08

Ernie Ball Music Man EVH Hardtail Red DOB 14/01/93

"What is understood need not be discussed"

Yeah that suck. At least we can always try a different dealer
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Albert Lee SSS - 3tsb

They will have to pay the higher price to replace their stock. Regardless of what they pay for their stock, they will always sell for the highest price that the market will pay. That's why they are in business, to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    Yeah that suck. At least we can always try a different dealer
    Who do you use in the UK Trapper for your EBMM stuff?
    Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport Natural Quilt DOB 16/05/08

Ernie Ball Music Man EVH Hardtail Red DOB 14/01/93

"What is understood need not be discussed"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie M View Post
    Who do you use in the UK Trapper for your EBMM stuff?
    Not anyone who tries to charge me this years prices for last years stock that's for sure!
    I have used Project Music, and had both great services and GREAT prices. Sadly, the have parted ways with Musicman (unrelated to pricing to be clear) so i'm looking for someone new. I'll be comparing offers they make when it comes time for the next purchase
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Albert Lee SSS - 3tsb

Somebody let the cat outta the bag, maybe?

I've played a lot of boutiques. Small and large scale operations. EBMM falls into the latter category and I don't see any difference in quality, customer relations, or quality control between them and the other great makers.

In fact: for my hands, body, and overall smile of satisfaction, EBMM tops the list. Not just saying, either.

As a plebe, I always hate to see prices rise significantly. But these are really fine instruments. My personal preferences are the Silo and Silo Special. Wonder if we'll see prices rise on reverb.com for the used ones, now. Maybe I can sell my '94 Silo and retire to the French Riviera.

(Actually, I doubt I'll ever sell that guitar. It's outstanding).
    G.A.S. = Git A Sound

Blog Entries
    Jay when you open your store let me know how you llike us telling you what to do...hahahaha
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

I don’t think Jay suggested that should happen anywhere in his posts - unless you mean us forumites telling him what to through message board posts...
    . Jay rightfully has a point though that dealers shouldn’t take the piss, especially if they want to hold customer loyalty - the buyer is the one with the upper hand. They can always say screw it wait for the used market and then the dealer and the maker both lose out.
    When he has his store he’ll be able to give us the view from the other side, and naturally, we’ll tell him what to do
    Last edited by TrapperJ; 03-08-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Albert Lee SSS - 3tsb

I'll be looking to see what kind of deal I can negotiate on a Purple Monarchy tomorrow. I know they had it in stock prior to the increase, so it should be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    EBMM Artisan Majesty 7 Nero
    EBMM Majesty 6 Arctic Dream
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Imperial Blue
    EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    EBMM Cutlass SSS Turquoise
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

See, this is where you "negotiate". If it is a model that received major updates/changes, you could try to get them to move on the price. But if it's a model that didn't, how is the new model really different? A lot of those changes haven't fully taken effect anyway.

But what about a St Vincent or Albert Lee HH? those have all rosewood necks, which are going away? If a dealer has those in stock, why shouldn't they raise the price, given how some people really want that type of neck?

In the end it's what the market will bear, new OR used.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Jay when you open your store let me know how you llike us telling you what to do...hahahaha
    Honestly, I’m having second thoughts on the store. My main reason for wanting to open one was to sell EBMM and SBMM. There wasn’t much of a desire to sell other brands because quite honestly, I don’t have the same passion for them and my intent was to help further the EBMM and SBMM brands. However, there are more costs involved than I originally expected.

But to your point Sterling, the contract I was given said very specifically what I could and could not do. For example, I can’t sell outside of the United States. Unfortunately for me, that takes away some of my existing customer base. So if the contract I was given and I had to agree to follow or be subject to consequences if I didn’t, then how would mandating new, old stock instruments not be subjected to the new price changes be any different?

So I went to my local GC this morning knowing they had a Purple Monarchy in stock. I got there to find they also had an Imperial Blue. Both were at pre price hike amounts. Decisions, decisions....

They both played and sounded fantastic. Wanted both......picked Imperial Blue. She's a beauty. NGD pics later today in a separate thread.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    EBMM Artisan Majesty 7 Nero
    EBMM Majesty 6 Arctic Dream
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Imperial Blue
    EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    EBMM Cutlass SSS Turquoise
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

Good choice! That imperial blue is an epic colour. I do love blue guitars
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Albert Lee SSS - 3tsb

I had to choose between black and blue, and I went with the blue as well...I love it! Purple has to be awfully tempting too...
    SM standard vintage sunburst
    JP6 pearl red burst
    JP6 desert gold
    JP6 autumn redrise
    JP6 blue dawn
    JP6 Cardinal red sparkle
    JP6 Starry Night
    JP6 Majesty Artisan Marrone
    JP6 Majesty Monarchy Imperial blue
    JP6 Majesty copper fire