Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Pre EB Stingray & Sabre frets, neck and bridge

Pre EB Stingray & Sabre frets, neck and bridge

Hi all,
    I really need some help for a new build I want to make. I'm trying to replicate the neck and feel of a '76 Stingray I that was just so perfect for me. Does anyone know the height and width of the fret wire that was used? I would also love to know all of the neck measurements; I'm pretty sure the neck is 1 5/8" at the nut, but that's all I know. Finally, I loved the feel of this guitar so much, I need the right bridge for this project. I figure the fact that the bridge was a string through (with a pretty sharp break angle of the strings over the saddles) is significant to the feel I experienced playing this guitar. Is that right? If so, where can I get a bridge like this that is string through with six barrel saddles? The closest this I've been able to find is the G&L saddle lock bridge, but it is a top loader and, correct me if I am wrong please, but I am afraid that will mean a different feel, different string tension.
    Thank you so much for the help!
    J.

Bump

Unfortunately there's not a lot of info here about the pre-EB instruments, so I'm not sure how much help we can be.

That’s too bad. Thanks for responding. Any idea where I could look for the info? Any perspective on didferences in Feel with string through music man bridge vs top loader G&L?

No idea really.

IF you contact G&L they may help. They've got a new facebook page to do with CLF research, so could be a resource for you
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlas SSS - Ivory White
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green