Ready to Roar

Thread: New HSS cutlass. The hype is real.

User Info Menu

New HSS cutlass. The hype is real.

I never truly believed it when other players said that one guitar or the other made them play better. i always though it was more of a euphemism- like "plays like butter". After receiving my white HSS cutlass, I can say that it is possible. This thing is just flawless.

I've only been playing for 5 years, but in that time i have tried many modern guitars, and this is by far the best guitar I have ever played.

I think I may have finally found "the perfect strat". Super psyched and grateful to be able to own something so perfect.

Thanks for listening to me gush.

User Info Menu

I hear ya. I thought the same until I got my Albert lee. 17 years playing and suddenly the instrument seems to be making me better
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise (For Sale - see EBay thread)
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

It's a very real phenomenon. It's called inspiration. The quality, feel, and sound of instruments like this take us to another level. Enjoy your new Cutlass!!
    1) Guitar - Petrucci BFR 6, Koa, G86475 - 11/21/2017
    2) Guitar - Cutlass, Vintage Sunburst, G74128 - 01/27/2016

User Info Menu

I can't put down my Starry Night Cutlass. It just sings and the ebony fretboard is so snappy.

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98). FS on REVERB.
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17)

User Info Menu

I just picked up a Cutlass myself and I was blown away. A quick setup and it's just the perfect guitar. Feels like I've been playing it for years.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steve V. View Post
    I just picked up a Cutlass myself and I was blown away. A quick setup and it's just the perfect guitar. Feels like I've been playing it for years.
    Yeah, I strung up some elixirs on mine, lowered the action a good deal. The truss rod and intonation were spot on. The thing just feels so precise. it doesn't make a sound that I don't intend. I wish they had a bit more color options, as I traditionally stay away from the more boring colors, but the elegant simplicity of the white is growing on me.
    New HSS cutlass. The hype is real.-img_0960-jpgNew HSS cutlass. The hype is real.-img_0959-jpg

User Info Menu

lovely guitar!! how does it sound the hb?
    Music Man Cutlass RS HSS

User Info Menu

The Cutlass is an awesome guitar. I have the SSS version, and that's the guitar I grab for 9 out 10 times these days. Love the neck shape, so comfortable to play.
    1997 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2011 - Reflex - Hardtail - White
    2016 - LIII BFR - HSS - Blueberry Burst Quilt
    2017 - Cutlass - SSS - Vintage Turquoise

User Info Menu

Congratulations!! Very elegant and pretty guitar indeed, have lots of fun with it =)

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237